Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump Border Wall Post-Shutdown Discussion (Wall-Fight)

Fergasun

"Typical Standard" Who the **** does Trump have working for him, some of Barron's friends from Middle school?

Also, and of course, he is misrepresenting what it actually is:
https://www.wsj.com/articles/new-barriers-to-replace-aging-border-wall-in-california-1520164800

Add: "Constructed and installed". Maybe he works these things up himself. JFC.

Edited by RedskinsFan44

1 minute ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

"Typical Standard" Who the **** does Trump have working for him, some of Barron's friends from Middle school?

Also, and of course, he is misrepresenting what it actually is:
https://www.wsj.com/articles/new-barriers-to-replace-aging-border-wall-in-california-1520164800

Looks pretty easy to dig under the wall.

How about an animal preserve along the entire border.  Get you some lions, tigers, gators, pythons, etc.. and them live along the border.

9 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

How about an animal preserve along the entire border.  Get you some lions, tigers, gators, pythons, etc.. and them live along the border.

$288 at Lowes, Need a 25 ft rope and you're good to go.

Light weight and portable.

Edited by RedskinsFan44

30 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Actually, this idea would work. 

I'm absolutely petrified of snakes, so I'll never be anywhere near there...tourism dollars down the tubes...of the internet...fa lalalalalala

32 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Actually, this idea would work. 

I'm absolutely petrified of snakes, so I'll never be anywhere near there...tourism dollars down the tubes...of the internet...fa lalalalalala

Or just have a Trump supporter preserve. Actually instead of a wall they just need to be stand in a line holding hands while Trump drives around in a golf cart with a megaphone giving his rally speech. Give them all a free AR15 and split the difference between $5 billion among them.

Meanwhile actually build the wall about a mile North of them......

Edited by ShredSkins
  • Haha 5

I'll be honest, I keep checking this thread and my Washington Post app for some good news.  Part of me just wants to stop checking for now, this will be longest one ever by Monday, and whatever people want they don't have yet.  I hope they are happy when they get it.

At the very least, even if Senators (and to a lesser extent Representatives) went home, one would hope there's enough collegiality between the sides they would let their staffers have some whispers about what will make both sides happy.

If you are the Dems you say, $3.6B for border security, we want $1B for this, GOP you can fund your priorities, but no wall. We recognize need for increased border but we also want more aid, and other assistance in our $1B package.

If you are GOP you say, thank you for being open for more increased border security, we recognize that putting feds out of work, and punishing them because we can't legislatie is awful, we would like to spend $1B on xyz, but no wall.

Senate moves first and passes the bill at 85-15 with some GOP complaining about the wall (like Mr. Graham). Some Dems upset at... honestly not too sure what they could be upset with but some will be upset with not enough on humanitarian side or... maybe. I just don't think House progressives would be upset over this.

Passes House in bipartisan manner 390 to 40... enough for a veto override.

I guess the problem with my scenario is that if Trump uses the emergency powers, the Dems would have no need to give up additional border security funding... another way he is losing this battle. Because he could have blinked and said, "I will reopen it for $3B in border security funding AND THEN did the Emergency Powers thing.

Seems pretty obvious the next week is waiting to see if he declares emergency powers.

Trump better not pull a Dante, he needs to ---- or get off the pot. McConnell's gonna have to be his Randall and talk sense in to him.

I am a CA resident in FL this weekend. Had dinner with some neighbors and watched football, GOP folks. Great friends, great discussion. We kept politics mostly out of it... but they had their set of facts... and basically all future generations are "screwed. Lots of fear about the future and country, but little faith in future generations, especially the entitled millenials.

One person admitted GOP blew it with Trump, I directly asked him why wall wasn't funded in year 1 of Trump.

People are too busy dealing with life, family energencies, medical emergencies, bills to understand politics -- when you boil it down to it, "wall" was never the simple standalone policy discussion, outside of Trump.

Congress worked and gave him a complete solution which included wall last year that he rejected. These nuances are not in the foredront of most folks thought process. The media doesn't provide good analysis....

Trump is a weak President based on election results...

The shutdown is the crisis now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I know L Graham and McCarthy will be on Sunday AM talk shows.

I want to see them asked one simple question: If ths border and wall is such a national crisis, why was it not funded when GOP had control of the House and Senate?

Another good question is:
What is a bigger crisis now, the shutdown or the wall?

FYI for any impacted federal workers.  Typically these credit unions have easy back doors to become members (like sign up for a membership to an organization, stuff like that)

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/amid-government-shutdown-banks-credit-142600762.html

In the meantime, credit unions across the country have stepped up to help with some of the more generous offers for affected government employees.

Launch Federal Credit Union is issuing zero-percent interest rate loans of up to $3,000 to employees of the federal government. Navy Federal Credit Union is doing the same, but up to $6,000. For more information, check out its frequently asked questions page.

The U.S. Employees Credit Union is providing interest-free loans to impacted members for 60 days, regardless of their credit score.

Justice Federal Credit Union is offering unsecured, low interest rate loans to any impacted workers at the Department of Justice or Department of Homeland Security.

Edited by bearrock
  • Like 1