Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump Border Wall Post-Shutdown Discussion (Wall-Fight)

Fergasun

47 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

The National Emergency is people working without getting paid for it.  That is something worth negotiating a fix for immediately. 

Well, that's what Trump is working on.  

Once he gets what he wants, he'll consider releasing the hostages he's taken.  

Trump needs emergency powers so that he can give Trump what he demands, so that Trump can solve the crisis which Trump created.  

Edited by Larry
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, bearrock said:

On a more fundamental level, wouldn't essential personnel being forced to work without pay be involuntary servitude and therefore violate the 13th amendment?

The loophole is probably that we're GOING to be paid, just don't know when. SMFH

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Diverting disaster funds from Texas and Florida sounds like a great re-election plan!

Straight the F up, that does not sound like the move of someone intending to get re-elected. 

That's not dumb, that's political suicide, Florida is the swing state of all swing States, who told him that was a good idea?  There's no border in Flordia and Coast Guard running out of money?

giphy (16).gif

Edited by Renegade7
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Are you though?  I know you always have been in the past.  But I don't believe there is anything currently guaranteeing that you will.

It's my understanding that essential personnel will be compensated for the time worked assuming the government ever reopens. I'm hopeful that the people who are home will get something back.

11 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Are you though?  I know you always have been in the past.  But I don't believe there is anything currently guaranteeing that you will.

Essential personnel who work are guaranteed back pay.  Other furloughed workers get it if Congress authorizes it.

On a different note, so 5 billion only gets us 215 miles of fencing?  This is what Trump is shutting down the government for?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/heres-what-5-billion-in-border-wall-funding-would-buy

According to DHS officials, the funding would cover the construction of 215 miles of “wall system” on the southern border.

What that system would include is a matter of debate.

But DHS officials say it could cover the replacement of “dilapidated” fencing, new wall sections and secondary wall structures, as well as roads and lights for Border Patrol agents.

What in holy hell?

2 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

i would mention that the republican party is about to be culpable for deaths that result from that diversion of funds, but they clearly don't give a **** either way

Im not sure. They are probably counting on (when a natural disaster strikes) getting more money to replenish the funds, and then if the dems don’t play ball, it’s bad optics on their part.