Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump Border Wall Post-Shutdown Discussion (Wall-Fight)

Fergasun

I can't decide which negotiation was less successful

1) Trump's shutdown for a border wall

2) Trump's negotiation with North Korea

I suspect North Korea is worse since the US gave up a lot for absolutely nothing in return. At least with this one, we're back to where we started.

13 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

If trump was going to shut down the government over a wall he should have kept it shut till he got the wall. My guess is republican senators told him they had the votes to override the veto.  I agree with culter...

He was never going to get a wall.  That's been clear for 3 weeks, and really since November 6. 

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

She said no funding for a wall until the government is open, not no funding for a wall, ever. In fact she promised to negotiate money for a wall but only if  trump agreed to cleanly open the government.

You are full of crap..... Please show a quote where Pelosi said she would fund "a wall" if goverment reopens....No one agreed to fund his stupid wall, please let this sink into your head for once and stop spouting bs around here

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, killerbee99 said:

You are full of crap..... Please show a quote where Pelosi said she would fund "a wall" if goverment reopens....No one agreed to fund his stupid wall, please let this sink into your head for once and stop spouting bs around here

Brodenksi, I said she agreed to negotiate money. 

6 minutes ago, killerbee99 said:

I think she misheard. Pelosi did promise to negotiate border security and immigration once the government opens. She has been consistent on the "no wall" issue, but she's been even more insistent on the "no negotiation" issue until the kidnapper released the hostages (government workers).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I suspect North Korea is worse since the US gave up a lot for absolutely nothing in return. At least with this one, we're back to where we started.

Not so sure about this, especially if we shutdown again in three weeks.  Democracy is in retreat and China was in Davos talking about how dumb it looks right now.  We need to stop proving him right, bigger then what's at the negotiating table.

16 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Where's that tweet about the supposed deal to withdraw from Afghanistan?  

And the Trade War with China?  We "won" that one, didn't we?  

At least he got something from Russia. Might be the best negotiation of his Presidency. 

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I just heard a fascinating story about how the air traffic controllers manipulated this whole situation for maximum effect.  Will take awhile to type out and involves citations to legal memos and stuff , so I can't get to it until later.

I’ve been thinking for a while that if TSA must stopped showing up, organized a mass strike even at just a few major airports, that would grind so much to a halt that they’d be forced to open the government. 

Thats basically what happened with the air traffic controllers. So do they have that much power now. If this gets shutdown again can they just do this on day 1? 

• Like 1