Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump Border Wall Post-Shutdown Discussion (Wall-Fight)

Fergasun

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Are you though?  I know you always have been in the past.  But I don't believe there is anything currently guaranteeing that you will.

Both sides have already said they'll pass legislation to pay everyone.  Doesn't mean it will happen, but even the GOP is on board with it, and I'd be more worried about them.

On a related note, as someone who has made a point of paying my CC off every month and other bills every month, I've had to make calls I hate making to the bank and CC company.  Just in case calls at this point, but man does it look like we're headed for a long one.

• Sad 2

22 minutes ago, Forehead said:

On a related note, as someone who has made a point of paying my CC off every month and other bills every month, I've had to make calls I hate making to the bank and CC company.  Just in case calls at this point, but man does it look like we're headed for a long one.

I know, right?  The place i have my auto loan with has a program just for furloughs, talked to them about process today.  It's a one month deferment, and understandably so, it's never gone as long as it's looking it could go before.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I know, right?  The place i have my auto loan with has a program just for furloughs, talked to them about process today.  It's a one month deferment, and understandably so, it's never gone as long as it's looking it could go before.

I called care credit today to tell them that they won't be receiving payment on Monday. The customer service rep was totally cool and pushed the date back for a month. We are in scary times my friend.

Edited by spjunkies
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

I called care credit today to tell them that they won't be receiving payment on Monday. The customer service rep was totally cool and pushed the date back for a month. We are in scary times my friend.

Indeed. On flipside i had a bill collector get through today and didn't want to get off phone even though I told her i was government work concerned about shut down.  Sure she was doing her job, but incorrectly, and i let her know that in my own special way.

• Thanks 1

It might be a good idea to report good/bad behavior of creditors on social media or even to media outlets.  Hopefully good publicity would encourage more creditors to be patient with government workers in case this thing goes long.  Not to mention that they deserve the good publicity for good behavior.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Thoughts out to all you guys and gals caught up in this senseless mess.

seconded---and  i don't care if you're a dem or a goper suffering it's totally unjust...this is a terribly wrong and can literally ruin people's financial situation and thus their life at a serious level....for so so many to miss even a single payday is a very big deal

however, to be clear, if you're a trump backer i hope this is only a small portion of the misery you experience as a consequence---and i say that with compete awareness and the ability to quiet what little compassion i can muster for the small "least culpable/least despicable" portion of that cesspool of a demographic

keep in mind that from day one i thought the major thing wrong with hillpill's deplorable comment was it was too soft and she didn't fourple down on it 24-7

same extends to elected r's the more i watch them closely (and watching the dems is still too often like going to the dentist for me)---we're down to a handful i wouldn't feed to the bears, though i'd give priority to the freedom caucus, ryan, mcconnel, cruz, hatch, cronyn and a few more---and not a goper but sufficiently worthy of inclusion---rand paul

i long for the days when i find giving the dems all the scathing reviews  they merit worth more of my time

('ive been a tad harsh lately but i blame a toothache and not the growing darkness enveloping and transforming me into the super-villain i will become)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Just now, BenningRoadSkin said:

Right, but who is that?

I ask because I want to know who linked to Trump is about to make a lot of money off this? (granted, I doubt it gets built even if he allocates funds for it)

Trump's side will be argued by the DOJ, so very little opportunity for graft.  

They myriad lawsuits filed against his declaration of an emergency will be argued by fancy-pants expensive lawyers.

We are a long way away from talking about actually building a wall.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Trump's side will be argued by the DOJ, so very little opportunity for graft.  

They myriad lawsuits filed against his declaration of an emergency will be argued by fancy-pants expensive lawyers.

We are a long way away from talking about actually building a wall.  

got you.

... sigh... another week and GOP legislators continue to follow Trump.

That any of them are calling for the emergency declaration, should be embarrasing. Your failure to legislate responsibly is the issue. Your failure to get with Dems and say, "Let's do this without Trump." The electorate just rejected the wall.

And I want to be very clear on this, it would take a deal with Schumer-McConnell / Pelosi-McCarthy first to set a framework and then their chairmen and caucuses to get onboard with details. McConnell would have to be the first one to reach out.... but Schumer/Pelosi at least need to float some overtures.

Political dancing. The elections are battles for table seats. Once you have a seat, we expect you to responsibly be a family.

• Like 1