Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Night Thread- Skins at Carson Wince & the Philthy Beagles

TK

1 minute ago, Hooper said:

Because they’ve been here since Danny took over and know two HOF coaches did even worse under him. 

And more importantly, they already get scooped right and left by national reporters who live hundreds of miles away, and try to stay on the team's good side until there's a reason to pile on. If there's drama they want to report it first, not get shut out. Our beat guys have to have the least amount of access and sources of any team in the league. No reason to piss off a guy like Gruden in the post-game presser, from their point of view.

Just now, SoulSkin said:

BMitch is absolutely right about self-scouting. I can't remember the last time this team came out after halftime and seemed to have adapted to game conditions, and be ready for the other team's adjustments. It just hasn't happened in forever. 

im honestly not sure we've EVER seen that under Gruden..

7 minutes ago, glongest said:

Our last two first round picks play on the defensive line, which supposedly was .  I have watched this entire game.  The ONLY time either one of their names were called was when one had a holding penalty.  That is a problem folks.  That simply means that in a Monday night game with the division lead on the line, neither one of them made a play that made an impact.  

It was a bad game for the D-Line (well the whole D really). I think Ionnidis was sorely missed today.

1 minute ago, spjunkies said:

WJFK is reporting that the doofus Dan is walking around the locker room for some reason trying to encourage players. 

That's weird for him. Usually only appears after a big win to join the celebration I think, in recent years. 

14 minutes ago, UKskins said:

Nope.

Sorry. "Because he was a teammate I gave him a pass on domestic violence" doesnt cut it.

Witten either stands by his morals and refuses to play with Hardy or he shuts his mouth about other teams signing players with issues. 

He doesnt get to do both.

I have no problem with ESPN bringing up the Foster stuff. Its fair game. Witten either has integrity or he doesnt. He said he "embraced" Hardy as a teammate and then publically sucked his dick about what a great professional Hardy was.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jason-witten-on-new-teammate-greg-hardy-i-think-hes-learned-a-lot/amp/

Hardy had "learned his lesson" but Reuben Foster doesnt get chance to learn his lesson (despite the details being totally unclear and coming from someone who already made allegations then retracted them and said she did it all for money).

I dont know if Foster is guilty as hell or not but im fairly sure that there is a principle of being innocent until proven guilty. Im also fairly sure that a guy who didnt care enough about his principles to do anything except "embrace" Greg Hardy should not be mouthing off as if Foster should be put on death row in some soapbox preaching on national tv.

Maybe you are right, if only Jason understood these issues as well as you he could have actually addressed them to help others.  Instead, he spent all his energy trying to recruit Greg Hardy.  Just like every Redskin who doesn't speak out about Foster thinks it is great that he is their new teammate.  I know guys like Alex Smith and others would be lining up to condemn the move otherwise.  Here is some information about Witten's charity.  You might want to look it over before you define him on the issue.  You do not know anything about the guy, or his life's work.  Just because you don't condemn some one in the media, does not mean you don't detest them.   

Through his own charitable foundation, Jason Witten’s SCORE Foundation, Witten has launched numerous outreach programs and funded several new building projects in Texas and his native Tennessee.

Seven years ago, the foundation launched the Jason Witten SCOREkeepers program, a unique initiative placing full-time, trained male mentors in battered women’s shelters throughout Texas. The mentors seek to demonstrate positive male behavior to the children living in these shelters in an effort to break the cycle of violence that plagues families affected by abuse. With the help of generous grants from the Allstate Foundation, Jason Witten’s SCORE Foundation has placed SCOREkeepers in six shelters across the Lone Star State — The Family Place (Dallas), SafeHaven (Fort Worth), Mujeres Unidas (McAllen), New Beginning Center (Garland), Denton County Friends of the Family (Denton Co.) and Safe Place (Austin). He also routinely hosts children from these shelters for special events like Christmas parties, bowling outings and trips to Cowboys training camp.

In 2010, the foundation launched a new domestic violence prevention program called “Coaching Boys Into Men” in high schools across Arlington, Texas. The program trains coaches to educate their players on the dangers of dating violence.

5 minutes ago, bh32 said:

Manusky should be fired tonight for that **** defense

Part of me cant even blame the defense. They are probably so unmotivated playing with this horrible offense. They've been saving their ass all season. Alex Smith at least gave them a slight glimmer of hope. To try to fight it out. Now they fighting it out just for Sanchez and Grudens garbage play calling to lean on. They're only human. 

3 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

That's weird for him. Usually only appears after a big win to join the celebration I think, in recent years. 

Apparently he was encouraging "injured players", not just players, which makes a little more sense, albeit still not in character for him. 

7 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

There really wasn’t a chance even if McCoy or Smith hadn’t gotten hurt.

Jay is who he is.

You have 10 more years.  I’m feeling pretty confident. :P

Or there was a chance since we shouldn't be here to begin with : ) ill admit this may be as close as I get, but there's still time.

I imagine Jay and AP arguing might have had something to do with Jay thinking/talking about how they didn't have an opportunity to run the ball, and Peterson thinking something along the lines of "I'm the best shot you got. Give me the ball". Not unlike what he did with Peyton last year in New Orleans. He was probably fired up and wanted to get into a rhythm, and frustrated he wasn't getting the chance.

12 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

It's not just about this game though. It's a trend going back years. Everyone expects us to **** our pants on MNF, no one expects playoff success. 

I've always expected us to fail on Monday Night, even when I was just barely starting to be a fan I expected it.  Maybe my dad told me about out history

8 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

Not sure if its been discussed, but anyone say anything about AP & Gruden arguing on the sidelines? Looked like AP yelled something in his face, and dont think i saw him in the game after that...

90% sure it was related to trying to get reps to Sanchez ever after AP ripped off that run.  Losing does that, I see both sides, he's been here two weeks, he's taking repsnduring the game now.

8 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

You realize we actually had a better record than the SB champs 5 hours ago, right?

they'r still the champs and we're the guys starting Colt McCoy and a bunch of people who are well below 100%

31 minutes ago, Hdf561 said:

Welp that about wraps up this season...and as I sit and watch these losers laugh and socialize with the Eagles players swap jerseys and all this other garbage...it dawns on me that they don’t even care if they win, lose, suck etc. just as long as the check comes.... 

It makes me angry but I’m the fool for giving a damn when they clearly don’t...I just wish my kids could experience their team winning a Super Bowl I got to see three I fear they won’t even see one, and I’ll never see another one. 

Whatever I’m done for this year, be back next season 

I wonder how better football would be played if salaries were prorated to wins and losses.

Archived