Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Night Thread- Skins at Carson Wince & the Philthy Beagles

TK

18 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

So they are down seven in the first quarter.  Not a big deal.  They came back and took the lead after that.

And I haven't gone back and watched it, and probably will never, but Wentz made some unreal throws on that first drive.  First completion was in a tight window. That throw to Tate down the sideline was unbelievable.  Even the TD was just past stromans fingertips. 

The offense is absolutely terrible.  In its current state with Sanchez and our banged up o line and next to nothing for receiving weapons we are probably the worst offense in the league.  With an offense that can move the chains, we are in that game til the end.   

I just don't understand how people can blame the defense for tonight.  The 85 bears and Mark Sanchez would've lost tonight. 

Dude, you can blame the defense because as bad as the offense was their offense toyed with our defense.  Marched right down the field almost every possession.  The defense has been relatively healthy, has 3 quality interior linemen, 2 above average outside linebackers, a quality SS, and sucks.  They are coached by someone with a long track record of suckage in just about every d-coordinator position he’s had.  No, the offense playing like 3 starters is as much to blame as the defense playing pretty much all its starters. You’re right. 

7 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

Yes, but since McCoy got injured tonight, everyone is bringing up the idea of signing him now. Even on tv.

I only mentioned the "politics" material as a reason to stay away from him.

Not to discuss its merits.

I wasn't directing that at anyone in particular, but really not you.. I thought your points were football-y

22 minutes ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

Like I said, they're human. That money dont mean **** when its game time. They didnt go into this game with that mentality. But throughout the course of the game, they broke. It happens all the time with good defenses that constantly have to carry unproductive offenses. Offense has been trash. ALL season. The games we won this season were because of our defense. Like I said, I cant blame them if they were unmotivated with our offense constantly getting off the field. 

Yeah, then why, when the offense has just scored and given momentum, does the defense consistently give up a TD right afterward?  Were they demoralized by our TD?

This kind of makes sense. I remember some hype about him in Cincinnati at some point, I think when they were on hard knocks. I think they re-signed him just as Gruden came here, when I thought he would try to bring him along. Could be wrong though. It's all a little fuzzy.

18 minutes ago, c slag said:

The wheels started to come loose vs.Atlanta and completely fell off tonight 

Guess at this point just empty the bench to see what's there for next season 

There’s nothing there.... we haven’t had a Star game changing the player since Sean Taylor.....that’s embarrassing 

7 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

hey, at least part of the season was fun this year. usually we're ****ty from the start

Just like tonights game....1 pt behind in 4th qtr and the disappearance of Peterson and we leave with a 15 point loss.  At least Norman got an interception after giving up some TD's and a bunch of 1st downs.  Knew we were screwed when Eagles had 3rd and 9 backed up on the 20 yd line on their 1st possession and Norman gave up a 1st down which started an 80 yd. drive for a TD. Nothing new though.....this is what to expect from a 75 mil contract to a player who can't keep up with receivers.  All year long and you can count on it happening.  Just don't understand all the fans who think he is good.  He is average at best and slow for a corner and definitely not worth the salary of a shutdown corner.  He makes 1 good play for every 10 blown coverages.  Too many holding calls due to his slow speed.  His mouth is underpaid though as he talks a great game.  He should never have gotten upset at the booing fans for not being satisfied with his pathetic coverage.  Wonder how the NE fans would treat him?  But back to your quote....at least we were fun almost halfway and it was just too bad the TV analyst knew better and kept the Skins fans in a reality check.  Couldn't even get the respect then.  We will always find a way to ruin it.

3 hours ago, Vanguard said:

Really don't care how some fans feel about Kaepernick.  I'm more interested in winning.  

Not me...keeping Kap out is much more important! I cant believe we have got to a point that we are defending someone not respecting the people that scarified for this country and wears pig socks. Why cant people understand what the flag means? It represents people. Some of you guys need to talk with guys that were in Afghanistan that are of all races that woke up in the morning and the only thing that kept them going was that flag. A lot of them will tell you that what Kap is doing is wrong. Why doesnt the media ever find these people when discussing Kap...uummm!

I know..Yes its a free country and yes he is free to do it on his own time and an employer is free not to hire him because of it.

5 hours ago, KillBill26 said:

So they are down seven in the first quarter.  Not a big deal.  They came back and took the lead after that.

And I haven't gone back and watched it, and probably will never, but Wentz made some unreal throws on that first drive.  First completion was in a tight window. That throw to Tate down the sideline was unbelievable.  Even the TD was just past stromans fingertips. 

The offense is absolutely terrible.  In its current state with Sanchez and our banged up o line and next to nothing for receiving weapons we are probably the worst offense in the league.  With an offense that can move the chains, we are in that game til the end.   

I just don't understand how people can blame the defense for tonight.  The 85 bears and Mark Sanchez would've lost tonight. 

didn't the Eagles get a drive saving penalty too?

Ugh. Still so unreal the next morning how we lose 2 of our QBs to leg injuries....has this **** happened before to any other team? 

We were 6-3 just 3 weeks ago and on top of the nfc east 😭😭😭 now it’s looking like we won’t be a good team for at least 3 more years, maybe longer......**** that. 

For the first time in my life I went to bed at halftime when the Redskins were playing.  A close game for the division lead and I went to bed because this is hopeless.  We knew that when Butt Fumble took over but that defense is unwatchable. Norman got a pick for one reason, the throw was way behind the receiver.  When was the last time you heard the name Jonathan Allen?  I've been biting my tongue on that guy all year but it's time we talk about how he makes zero plays.  

The ILBs were supposed to be a strength based on what we saw last year. I have no idea what has happened to Zach Brown.    They know Zach Ertz is their only weapon and he still kills them.  They made very bad RBs looks like real NFL running backs last night.  What a joke. 

8 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

For the first time in my life I went to bed at halftime when the Redskins were playing.  A close game for the division lead and I went to bed because this is hopeless.  We knew that when Butt Fumble took over but that defense is unwatchable. Norman got a pick for one reason, the throw was way behind the receiver.  When was the last time you heard the name Jonathan Allen?  I've been biting my tongue on that guy all year but it's time we talk about how he makes zero plays.  

The ILBs were supposed to be a strength based on what we saw last year. I have no idea what has happened to Zach Brown.    They know Zach Ertz is their only weapon and he still kills them.  They made very bad RBs looks like real NFL running backs last night.  What a joke. 

Zach Brown totally stuffed a run to save a TD last night.  But I agree, our LBs are pretty much complete **** in coverage. A good TE will have a field day on us.  

Just a terrible defensive performance. You can make excuses for the offense with Sanchez but this defense is putrid. Not only cant they tackle they're not even close to tackling. This whole team needs to be blown up new management new owner new everything. Been a Redskin for 46 years and I've had it with this team

1 minute ago, Tonysoprano1 said:

This franchise is simply put a mess. I wouldn't be surprised if the stadium was half-empty against the Giants Sunday or more. Who would want to go out and watch this team play in the cold?

Yep. You think Norman/others were complaining about the fans after the game Vs the falcons?? Just wait until Sunday 😂 yikes. 

Funny thing is, after the win against the Bucs i was thinking of getting tickets to the game on the 30th Vs the eagles. Now i dont think I’ll do that. Rather watch from home. 

23 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Zach Brown totally stuffed a run to save a TD last night.  But I agree, our LBs are pretty much complete **** in coverage. A good TE will have a field day on us.  

One great play does not offset all the bad plays.  Their RBs ran wild on the Redskins and their running backs absolutely suck.  

The lack of adjustments by this team is just unbelievable.  How many ****ing screens did the Eagles tear us apart with.  How the hell did they not adjust to that at all?  Like what the hell?

Gruden calling a ****ing trick play on 3rd and 15 down 12 points pretty put me over the edge with him.  I'm ready to move on.  I don't know who they are going to get in place of him or who would want to come take over this train wreck, but I'm ready to move on from this mediocrity.  He looks so befuddled every time they show him on the sideline now.  It's like he has the new Eli face.

And man, it sure as **** would have been nice if the Redskins could have worked it out with a young up and coming QB they had on the roster who has never missed a game and is durable as all hell.

1 hour ago, carex said:

didn't the Eagles get a drive saving penalty too?

If that mattered in any respect regarding the play of our defense overall, then that first drive would've been an outlier. It wasn't. It was indicative of the ENTIRE NIGHT on that side of the ball. The only reason that game wasn't a 40- or 50-burger was because of the Eagles' own bad play calls and mistakes by Wentz. 

The defense has been playing horribly for the last half of the season. Look at the Dallas game. Team gets up 13-10, and they immediately give up a TD drive. That's not because they've been "demoralized by a bad offense." It's because they are not coached well. Look at their third down percentage, lol. Look at the yards on the ground they've been giving up. And they don't even have the 'ravaged by injuries" excuse.

Yes, they are obviously in better shape than our offense. Yes, the offense and the devastating injuries all over that side of the ball is the main weakness of this team, but the defense is almost equally disappointing as well. 

6 hours ago, Capsman said:

Dude, you can blame the defense because as bad as the offense was their offense toyed with our defense.  Marched right down the field almost every possession.  The defense has been relatively healthy, has 3 quality interior linemen, 2 above average outside linebackers, a quality SS, and sucks.  They are coached by someone with a long track record of suckage in just about every d-coordinator position he’s had.  No, the offense playing like 3 starters is as much to blame as the defense playing pretty much all its starters. You’re right. 

no doubt our offense has gotten a lot more injuries than our defense has. So if you are looking at it from the perspective that you expect our defense to carry them because they are the healthier/more talented unit, I can see your point. And I also don't think manusky is anything special.

But I'm not handicapping the offense due to injuries. I'm just calling it like it is. The offense is absolutely terrible in its current state.  Mark Sanchez.  I know Cooper is out for the year, and Bergstrom left with an injury at some point in the game.  Skins were already relying on bowanko, who is the next scrub to enter the turnstile?  Gruden can't call plays or adjust.  We don't have a gamebreaker on offense, maybe CT, but he is oft injured and misused.  (AP has been amazing this year, but since the oline started getting dinged he has not consistently produced).

Our defense gave up 14 in the first half, with one of the TDS being that opening drive by Wentz where he was on fire.  That kept us in the game in spite of our putrid offense.  And the second half we offered no threat on the offensive side.  None.  I don't think the defense deserves any credit or played a great game overall, but I also don't believe they deserve the blame.  It's the offense.

Archived