Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Night Thread- Skins at Carson Wince & the Philthy Beagles

TK

1 minute ago, RandyHolt said:

Not a fan that Witten was playing judge and jury on Foster.  Does he know the previous allegations were not true, and that it is the same person?  I know it's his passion but then maybe he shouldn't be covering sports.

The previous allegations were withdrawn, that does not mean they weren't true. I don't want to get into it all again but NC21 had some good posts on it recently if you search through his history. 

Just now, ConnSKINS26 said:

The only way someone desirable comes here is if you first get a respected, legit GM candidate to take the job. And since there are only 32 you actually have a shot at doing that if total control over facilities and roster is written into the contract. Kyle Smith might be that guy, might not.

I think we should take a look at San Frans old GM think his name is Scott something. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Meh, there's no real hope with the midget Sith Lord up there on his perch. Best you can do is try to con yourself yet again into believing that a few things need to go right here, and a few things need to go right there.... for like the 19th straight year.

That is not my ideal end scenario, but you have to admit it's better than a .500 guarantee and no impact players year after year. The excitement (and potential disappointment) of the unknown is better than the slow cloying death of the present. 

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

The problem with Jay is he never maximizes the talent he has.

Which doesn’t apply to tonight. He had nothing on offense tonight to really work with.  Do I think a better coach could have done better? Yeah.  But it’s also hard to blame him for it. 

Whatever.  We’ll never agree on this.  I think Gruden is a bad coach, you think he’s not and it’s the roster or organization.

See, I amost think he does.  His issue is he doesnt get his team to overachieve.  Every year, he's presented with 50% of a good roster, and every year he hovers around .500.  These rosters are just plain suspect.  He takes them as far as they can go.

18 minutes ago, carex said:

I think I'm getting what really irritates me about so many fans here.  They can analyze "Oh, that was a bad call, that was a bad play," but no attention to why it was.  We're practically a strike team in some places but apparently that doesn't matter

Not the defense.  Yet it’s arguably as bad if not worse than the offense. 

2 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

I think we should take a look at San Frans old GM think his name is Scott something. 

He never had full control, obviously, or Bruce wouldn't have been able to make a mockery of it. Or his behavior made taking away that power a possibility/inevitability. Either way we were on the right track there (or fans thought we were) but we need a legit non-alcoholic who doesn't have to put his head into a group huddle with Allen, Doug, and Jay to make a decision. 

4 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

The previous allegations were withdrawn, that does not mean they weren't true. I don't want to get into it all again but NC21 had some good posts on it recently if you search through his history. 

Funnily enough, Randy Gregory who is still on the Cowboys roster also has previous allegations that were recanted. I wonder why Witten didnt drop that into the conversation about Foster...

1 minute ago, dyst said:

remember when fans would be pissed during the game and especially after a loss. Now we are just jiving and joking. Thanks Dan, sell the damn team please. You are a failure as owner

This should be the scariest thing for him long term. We aren't even mad in here, we are fans out of habit and don't care nearly as much as we used to.

Just now, beachboy757 said:

Remember when EVERYONE Alex Smith gone? Grass does not look so green huh? Be careful what you ask for. 

Want Gruden gone too? Being a fan of this team you should things can get a lot worse. 

Its is absolutely scary. We’d fire Gruden to hire Hue

Just now, UKskins said:

Funnily enough, Randy Gregory who is still on the Cowboys roster also has previous allegations that were recanted. I wonder why Witten didnt drop that into the conversation about Foster...

Don't know what the Cowboys locker room was like while he was there, or how he got along with Gregory and Hardy while he was there.

Archived