Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Breaking: Redskins claim Reuben Foster NFL.COM

Suffolk_Skins

15 minutes ago, Jericho said:

Assuming the report is true, and it very well may be, it still rings hollow. The Chiefs are publicly claiming a "zero-tolerance" policy on such actions, yet employ Tyreek Hill. Those two things don't jive. 

I wouldn't call the NFL/Chiefs incompetent. I would call them willfully ignorant. Sure, they have the $$ to get the tapes. But its far easier for them not to do that and go the official channels route and get denied access. And then base discipline off of whatever the police do. Since the police sided with Hunt, the Chiefs are fine with that. The Chiefs aren't really in the business of going out of their way to potentially harm one of their own players. Maybe they should be, but it also gives them plausible deniability if the video ever leaks (which it did here) if they don't. And they can claim the "moral high road". And if it never leaks, the Chiefs win there too as Hunt keeps playing. So it's kind of win-win for them.

I said basically this same thing earlier but not nearly as well. You found the term I was looking for: Willful Ignorance! They chose to do the least amount of investigation they could get away with so when the real stuff came out they could act innocent and take the high road. 

For the record, I did not say that as some way to defend the Redskins. Singing foster is reprehensible. The leadership (if you can call it that) is morally bankrupt. They continue to prove it over and over again. But let's not pretend that KC is some highly moral team. They did what they had to do, but only when they were forced to by public pressure - something the Redskins are too tone deaf to hear. 

I am astounded by the number of people who look at the video and go through the mental gymnastics of - well he didn't kick her that hard. So just because he wasn't able to make full contact and at seriously injure her, maybe even kill her, then what the hell it's not that big a deal? It's the intent, not the outcome that matters. Had he been able to get a better shot, he would have. 

24 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Maybe they found out he lied weeks/months ago and didn't care until the video camed out.

I second ya for the PR move from them. It's even probable that the PR hit we took forced their hand as well.

Precisely, on both accounts.

If he lied to them back then, it had no repercussions to the Chiefs until the video went public, so the lie (on its own) could not have been the reason for his release. 

11 hours ago, max21 said:

We don’t need Kareem hunt. Guice is going to eat next year. 

How the hell can you know that? He hasn't played one NFL down.

Besides which, the more talent we can get at RB, the better.  It has been bad for us for a long time.

Furthermore, I'm not a believer in running the same guy 350 times a season and thinking that gets you a super bowl ring.  That NFL era is long gone. Spread the load.  Keep guys fresh.

in recent times the common take has been that the role of the rb position can be met more easily without stretching for high draft picks or trading the farm for some perceived uber-level ability, yet we now seem to be in a state where uber-rbs have been so colorful in offenses that teams are once again becoming willing to go to great lengths to get one

1 hour ago, Jumbo said:

in recent times the common take has been that the role of the rb position can be met more easily without stretching for high draft picks or trading the farm for some perceived uber-level ability, yet we now seem to be in a state where uber-rbs have been so colorful in offenses that teams are once again becoming willing to go to great lengths to get one

This brings up an interesting thought. Kareem Hunt potentially being available for pennies this offseason may have an impact on LeVeon Bell’s upcoming contract. Teams will have to weigh the expense of signing Bell (he’s not baggage free either) versus claiming Kareem Hunt for pennies on the dollar. This obviously assumes that Hunt isn’t suspended for a majority of next season or indefinitely. 

Are some of you serious in this thread right now!?!? LOL. People actually thinking signing Hunt would be a good idea after just getting Rueben Foster. Guice is our guy for the future, he’s going to be good. No doubt in my mind. 

7 minutes ago, DCtoSC_SKINS_LIFER said:

This brings up an interesting thought. Kareem Hunt potentially being available for pennies this offseason may have an impact on LeVeon Bell’s upcoming contract. Teams will have to weigh the expense of signing Bell (he’s not baggage free either) versus claiming Kareem Hunt for pennies on the dollar. This obviously assumes that Hunt isn’t suspended for a majority of next season or indefinitely. 

Very good point.  I thought about how cheap a major talent like Hunt would be before I posted this morning.  But there is precedent here that has been established.  And it is Ray Rice.  You can rightfully argue that the Kareem Hunt assault pales in comparison to the Rice assault on his wife, but still, an assault occurred. And while I agree Hunt will probably be picked up by someone on the cheap, I think the suspension time issued a factor in all of this.  You are not going to get the NFL office to gets into "degrees" of assault.   And no team is going to do anything until that is figured out IMO.  This is why I asked how long was Rice suspended.  

1 hour ago, dyst said:

If the legal system doesn’t punish him, and if the NFL suspends him...I see no issue with bringing them in. They did the crime and if they pay the time, give them another chance. This goes for Foster and Hunt. 

Me neither. When you are 23/24 years old you'd like another go in life after making a mistake.

1 hour ago, dyst said:

If the legal system doesn’t punish him, and if the NFL suspends him...I see no issue with bringing them in. They did the crime and if they pay the time, give them another chance. This goes for Foster and Hunt. 

Maybe servitude on Snyder's team is justice for malefactors.

7 hours ago, skinsmania123 said:

I am curious about something.  How long was the Ray Rice suspension?  

Rice was initially suspended from the NFL for the first 2 weeks of the 2014 season. The TMZ video came out on the first day of the 2014 NFL season. The Ravens released him the next day. Then the NFL announced that Rice will be suspended indefinitely. Rice appealed the suspension on the grounds that he was suspended twice for the same offense, which is a violation of league rules. Rice won his appeal to be reinstated in the NFL on Nov. 28, 2014. Rice also sued the Ravens for wrongful termination. That was settled out of court on Jan. 15, 2015. In 2016, he vowed to donate all of that season's salary to domestic violence charities if he were signed by a team, but he remained unsigned.

22 minutes ago, Redskins Reparations said:

Has any evidence of domestic violence come forward or just accusations?

If you mean Foster, there is a 911 recording--the accuser sounds normal and says he broke her phone (I think) and slapped her face. She was asked if paramedics were needed and she said no, and was asked if Foster was still there and she said yes. it was a very bland 911 call, for whatever it's worth. I also remember reading somewhere that the police saw a scratch on her neck or shoulder, although it wasn't said if this was the result of the slap or from something else (no mention of it bleeding or looking fresh or looking old, etc). I don't remember reading that her face was red or swollen or bruised or anything like that. However, I believe her lawyer put out the info that she "might have also" had a concussion, which was just eyeroll-inducing to me lol...more than likely trying to put more info out there to influence perception of what happened.

Three Thoughts:

1) True DV can be horrific and end fatally.  I think we all picture this scenario when we think of DV.

2) Not all DV fits into the category of 1. In some states any case against someone you have had a relationship with gets "escalated" to DV and at times there may be no violence, or threat of violence.  Additionally in some states, breaking your own property in-front of someone, or breaking down the door to your own house if your locked out by someone else is DV. 

2a) I think this is all to help prevent scenario 1, but perhaps there should be a different term used for it. 

3) Innocent until Proven Guilty is an important part of the evolution of Humanity and Society.

14 minutes ago, MediocreGymnast said:

2a) I think this is all to help prevent scenario 1, but perhaps there should be a different term used for it.

It's also to combat women who change their minds about pressing charges after the fact. CV charges get treated like a crime against the people/public/state/whatever and not just a crime against that individual.

5 hours ago, goskins10 said:

I said basically this same thing earlier but not nearly as well. You found the term I was looking for: Willful Ignorance! They chose to do the least amount of investigation they could get away with so when the real stuff came out they could act innocent and take the high road. 

I dont really think that's fair to the Chiefs to suggest not secretly paying somebody off to get the tape was a foul on them. 

2 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Me neither. When you are 23/24 years old you'd like another go in life after making a mistake.

Our society is just weird. We presume guilty before innocence, but even when found guilt and punishment is served, we still don’t want to give them a chance. Let them be punished and then see if they have changed for the better at least.

11 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I dont really think that's fair to the Chiefs to suggest not secretly paying somebody off to get the tape was a foul on them. 

Could have had someone just describe what was on the tape in order to see if their description matches Hunt's version of events.

My own opinion is that NFL clubs (and the league itself) care more about protecting their bottom line. So risk and cost analysis is used when dealing with stuff like this, at least by the executives around the league. Part of that analysis would be secretly finding out as much as possible about controversial issues that could put a noticeable dent in things.

1 hour ago, justice98 said:

So exactly where did I say that? Let me help you - no where at all, at least not yet. I said they didn't do enough investigation. Fact is they didn't find what they didn't want to find. I believe they did not know the tape existed. Why? Because they did not look very hard.

However, thank you or pointing this out - if they knew there was a tape and didn't do whatever they had to get it, then that's even worse! That is if they really cared about finding out the truth.

So yes I am saying it now for sure - if they knew there was a tape and just refused to pay some money for it - they could have turned them over to police by the way and not paid anything - then they are even worse scum. And yes it is a "foul" on them. Totally despicable to know there is something there and willfully ignore it - again that term "Willful Ignorance".

7 hours ago, goskins10 said:

For the record, I did not say that as some way to defend the Redskins. Singing foster is reprehensible. The leadership (if you can call it that) is morally bankrupt. They continue to prove it over and over again. But let's not pretend that KC is some highly moral team. They did what they had to do, but only when they were forced to by public pressure - something the Redskins are too tone deaf to hear. 

I am astounded by the number of people who look at the video and go through the mental gymnastics of - well he didn't kick her that hard. So just because he wasn't able to make full contact and at seriously injure her, maybe even kill her, then what the hell it's not that big a deal? It's the intent, not the outcome that matters. Had he been able to get a better shot, he would have. 

Foster is not signed

2 hours ago, Califan007 said:

If you mean Foster, there is a 911 recording--the accuser sounds normal and says he broke her phone (I think) and slapped her face. She was asked if paramedics were needed and she said no, and was asked if Foster was still there and she said yes. it was a very bland 911 call, for whatever it's worth. I also remember reading somewhere that the police saw a scratch on her neck or shoulder, although it wasn't said if this was the result of the slap or from something else (no mention of it bleeding or looking fresh or looking old, etc). I don't remember reading that her face was red or swollen or bruised or anything like that. However, I believe her lawyer put out the info that she "might have also" had a concussion, which was just eyeroll-inducing to me lol...more than likely trying to put more info out there to influence perception of what happened.

I have also read it was a cut not a scratch

Archived