Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Breaking: Redskins claim Reuben Foster NFL.COM

Suffolk_Skins

2 minutes ago, dyst said:

Videos is so damn small and blurry on my phone. I didn’t even notice the kicking part or him hitting her up against a wall. Seems like he got cut by Chiefs.

He pushes her at the beginning, she then hits him in the face. She walks back towards him after his people pull him away and someone tries to block her from getting to him. That guy gets knocked into and his force is what shoves her into the wall. I haven't seen the part where he kicks her.

So in essence they are both idiots. He needs to get away from the situation and control himself, and she needs to not be punching people and also getting away from the situation and control herself. Him kicking her puts it over the top.

Too bad Bruce Allen used up all his moral outrage points!  I'd much rather have Hunt over Foster, but **** both of em.  Glad the Chiefs didn't mess around and let anyone gain any traction that they'd tolerate this behavior, etc.  Nope, Super Bowl contender cut bait quick.  Kudos to them.

3 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

He pushes her at the beginning, she then hits him in the face. She walks back towards him after his people pull him away and someone tries to block her from getting to him. That guy gets knocked into and his force is what shoves her into the wall. I haven't seen the part where he kicks her.

It's at the end.  He appears to go away, then come back and kicks her.  

5 minutes ago, dyst said:

Videos is so damn small and blurry on my phone. I didn’t even notice the kicking part or him hitting her up against a wall. Seems like he got cut by Chiefs. 

If it had just been the shove, while not great, it probably wouldn't have been too big a deal.  But he just kept going back for more.  He lost his mind.

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Too bad Bruce Allen used up all his moral outrage points!  I'd much rather have Hunt over Foster, but **** both of em.  Glad the Chiefs didn't mess around and let anyone gain any traction that they'd tolerate this behavior, etc.  Nope, Super Bowl contender cut bait quick.  Kudos to them. 

It happened nine months ago.  The police reviewed the hotel's security footage.  Do you really believe that the Chiefs weren't complicit in covering the incident up and helping Kareem Hunt sell his BS version of the event?

Plus a team that continues to employ Tyreek Hill has no claim to moral highground.  Not to mention one of their players murdered his girlfriend not too long ago.  The release of the video forced their hands.

6 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

You do realize that the only reason they cut him loose was because of the video right?

They knew all about this..theres no way they didnt.

You also realize the difference between Hunt and Foster right?

One has video evidence..the other is an accusation.

3 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Sorry, can’t give them too much props. This incident was reported months ago after it happened, but was kinda swept under the rug. The guy gets to play almost 3/4 of the season before the video surfaced, then the Chiefs must be proactive, and just where was the NFL’s investigative team during all this?

Don't get me wrong, I think any man who strikes a woman is a POS, but there is a difference. Hunt is on tape clearly striking a woman. Foster is alleged to have done so, and by a woman who has already stated, under oath, that she lied about him doing so in earlier, dismissed, allegations, because she wanted money. If the allegations against Foster prove true, then bye-bye, but no tape has surfaced...yet.

4 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

It happened nine months ago.  The police reviewed the hotel's security footage.  Do you really believe that the Chiefs weren't complicit in covering the incident up and helping Kareem Hunt sell his BS version of the event?

Plus a team that continues to employ Tyreek Hill has no claim to moral highground.  Not to mention one of their players murdered his girlfriend not too long ago.  The release of the video forced their hands.

I didn't know this was a thing 9 months ago, I didn't remember it being in the news. 

You're most likely right, the Chiefs were probably complicit in covering it up.  But a lot has happened in 9 months and while I agree with your take on Tyreek Hill, they have gone from a team that was looked at as a playoff contender to a legit Super Bowl contender.  They could have suspended him, brought him back in time for the playoffs or tried a stall tactic to delay any punishment but they didn't.  I'm not saying the Chiefs get it right 100% of the time but this time they did.

14 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

It's at the end.  He appears to go away, then come back and kicks her.  

That was not like a brutal kick or anything. It was more like a tap. It was wrong but c'mon, hardly anything that would injure someone. 

1 minute ago, Long n Left said:

Don't get me wrong, I think any man who strikes a woman is a POS, but there is a difference. Hunt is on tape clearly striking a woman. Foster is alleged to have done so, and by a woman who has already stated, under oath, that she lied about him doing so in earlier, dismissed, allegations, because she wanted money. If the allegations against Foster prove true, then bye-bye, but no tape has surfaced...yet. 

His incident happened in a hotel too right?  I guess there might not be video footage of it if it happened in his room, but if it was in a hall or a lobby, there has to be video of it.

If the NFL's investigative team is worth a damn (doubtful that they are), then they'll get that video and figure out if Reuben is guilty.

****, if I'm Dan Snyder I'm going to the hotel where it took place and offering to buy any video evidence of the event to see what happened.  That would actually be the proactive move.

4 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

If the NFL's investigative team is worth a damn (doubtful that they are), then they'll get that video and figure out if Reuben is guilty.

Well from the espn report about Hunt:

"Earlier this year, we were made aware of an incident involving running back Kareem Hunt," the Chiefs said in the statement. "At that time, the National Football League and law enforcement initiated investigations into the issue. As part of our internal discussions with Kareem, several members of our management team spoke directly to him. Kareem was not truthful in those discussions. The video released today confirms that fact. We are releasing Kareem immediately."

"The NFL's investigation, which began immediately following the incident in February, will include a review of the new information that was made public today," the league said.

Sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter that neither the NFL nor the Chiefs had viewed the video before it became public Friday. The league made multiple attempts to obtain it. The hotel told NFL representatives that it was corporate policy only to turn video over to law enforcement and therefore could not provide it to the league.

The NFL also contacted the Cleveland Police Department, which did not provide the league any video. Even though no charges were filed by law enforcement, the NFL continued its investigation, which included contacting the alleged victims, but they did not respond to multiple messages.

Also did a quick google search, found a photo of one of the NFL investigators:

Don_Knotts_Andy_Griffith_Show_Cropped.jp

5 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Also did a quick google search, found a photo of one of the NFL investigators: 

If TMZ can get their hands on the video, then actual professional investigators should at least be able to figure out how to watch it.

This isn't the first time TMZ has made them look completely incompetent.

12 minutes ago, Birdlives said:

You should probably re-read that.

Hunt was in the wrong. Not saying what he did was right.  But according to the witness she called him the N word. Sorry but if you call a African American that word then you deserve to get kicked in my opinion. 

35 minutes ago, dyst said:

The kick is at the very end of the video. Hunt didn't exactly hit her up against, but he caused a chain reaction that caused someone else to fall into her, which pushed her into a wall.

Here's the thing with a video like that. If it was Hunt and some random dude, would anyone even care? But it wasn't. And it doesn't look good. And Hunt was a complete idiot. But it's also not Ray Rice level, either in terms of the relationship (Rice did it to his fiance, this just seemed to be random women) or force. So the question I struggle with it what is the appropriate punishment? Rice was effectively banned from the league. On the other hand, Greg Hardy, who seemed to do far worse just sans a video, got a second chance. Hunt has the video against him, but I wonder if he'll resurface next season.

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

If TMZ can get their hands on the video, then actual professional investigators should at least be able to figure out how to watch it.

Yup, won't be the last time either.  

I mean, I doubt TMZ got it for free.  And the NFL, if that espn.com report is true, just got stonewalled at every turn.  IMO, if they were really interested in seeing it, they just roll in with a blank checkbook and say "Ok, how much?"   

So either they....really tried their best and didn't get access to it....or they made a half assed attempt to get a copy of it and hoped that it would just go away and no one would ever leak it.  Either way, they're incompetent boobs.  

5 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

TMZ also has the $$$ to pay people for this. Which is really why these leak. The NFL has money too, though less incentive to pay some employee for a video

35 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

100%.  Reminds me of the urban Meyer situation.  They were just hoping to sweep it under the rug, but when the world finds out they have to act like they didn't have the full story.  BS.

And goodell shouldn't be immune from this either.  They saw the video.  Why do they act only after the world sees the video?  Now cue Roger coming in and saying he was unaware and had never seen the footage...

Unfortunately we live in a world where everyone is full of it for the pursuit of the almighty dollar.

Archived