Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Breaking: Redskins claim Reuben Foster NFL.COM

Suffolk_Skins

I'd take Hunt. Same principle as Foster, irrespective of whether you morally agree or not. Too very young individuals, 23/24. Age shouldn't be used as an excuse or justification, but it must be taken into consideration when looking ahead.

Should they be condemned from football for life over this? Let the law takes its course of action. I also think it raises the issue of how the league should deal with these matters. Introduce a programme of some form that makes them work in the community and with support groups for a significant length of time. Something of that nature. Maybe that exists, no idea.

I am curious about something.  How long was the Ray Rice suspension?  I know he was never picked up again by any team, and that his career is over because no one gave him another chance,  but it would give a sense of how long the Kareem Hunt suspension will be IMO.  The Foster thing, unless the woman recants again is going to trial or he is going to plea out. 

Anyone trying to minimize the Hunt incident just stop.  The dude was pulled back numerous times by his entourage yet he kept coming out, yelling,  pushing and yes, in the end he kicked that woman. I am not saying those women did not aggravate the situation.  They could and could be charged as well given the video, the woman slapping him.   But he has 100 lbs. of muscle on him.  He is a professional athlete in a brutal sport.  Both of those women wound up on the ground.  I don't like it at all.  All people need to keep their hands to themselves.

The Chiefs had something there with that offense and this is a serious derailment.  Hunt will play again.  No doubt about it.  But I don't think for the rest of this year and part of next year.  Again there has to be a yard marker here and the only one is Rice.  

Hunt is an RB. We found a capable dude just hanging out waiting for a phone call.  They are everywhere each offseason. No way any team should take him on again the best thing about him was the KC offense. 

The only positive thing about this organization being dumb enough to pick him up would be Doug Williams part 2 in front of the microphones.  Hopefully going so terribly the league would find a way to forcibly oust our entire FO. 

Other than that scenario   - hard pass.

26 minutes ago, Wyvern said:

I'm disappointed with the Kareem Hunt episode -- obviously there needed to be consequences for what he did.  I don't think the Skins should pick up his waiver, because they wouldn't need him in 2019 with Guide and Thompson already on the roster.  And I highly doubt Hunt will be playing anytime soon this season.

The reason I'm disappointed is because Hunt's misdeeds have probably derailed one of the most entertaining NFL offenses i have had the pleasure of watching this season (Mahomes, Hunt, Kelse, Hill, Watkins, Robinson).  The Chiefs probably felt they had to take the action they did, but it's so sad when a talented athlete does things that destroys a rarely-seen assembly of well-coordinated talent such as what Reid forged into an awesomely performing attack.

Don't feel bad for KC.  Ware is one of the best backup RB's in the league.  He had a great 2016 and would've been the starter last season had he not got hurt in preseason. All that was with Alex Smith.  With Mahomes you could put just about anyone back there at RB I believe...and the Chiefs have an awesome next man up. 

Reuben Foster

Whoopsies: Multiple domestic abuse arrests, gun & drug charges, kicked out of combine

Talent: 1st round athlete

Video of Whoopsies: Not yet

Outcome: Claimed on waivers without hesitation shortly after 2nd assault arrest

NoteRelax, Reuben's whoopsies are "small potatoes" compared to some of the other stuff out there.

Ray Rice

Whoopsies: Landed a haymaker to his fiance's face, knocked her unconscious, dragged her around a bit

Talent: Stellar start to his career BUT was coming off a pretty lackluster, injury plagued season prior to this incident

Video of Whoopsies: Yep

Outcome: Purged from the NFL with a quickness after some awkward PR speed-bumps along the way

Note: This incident established the NFL's domestic abuse disciplinary code and several Front Offices' playbooks for handling such cases. Namely, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Tyreek Hill

Whoopsies: Plead guilty to beating up his pregnant girlfriend, specifically he "hit her in the face, choked her and punched her in the stomach. He put her in a headlock that put 'external pressure on her neck that compressed her airway'".

Talent: All-Pro

Video of Whoopsies: Nope

Outcome: Drafted on Day 3 following a year at a West Alabama labor camp

Note: Don't call it a comeback! That pregnant girlfriend with an iron jaw is now happily engaged to Tyreek Hill.

Joe Mixon

Whoopsies: Landed a haymaker on a girl's face; broke her jaw

Talent: Ranked the 3rd to 5th best right-hook, er-I mean RB, coming out of his draft class

Video of Whoopsies: Yep

Outcome: Blackballed from the NFL Combine! But drafted in the 2nd round

Note: Now this technically wasn't a domestic abuse incident. But IF that girl had been his girlfriend.....hoo boy! Joe may have seen himself slapped with a year at West Alabama!

Josh Brown

Whoopsies: Verbally, emotionally and physically abused his wife for god knows how long. Got arrested, over 20 incidents reported to police.

Talent: he's a kicker

Video of Whoopsies: In this instance, the kids are the only witnesses. No video

Outcome: In 2016, resigned for millions after admitting to the Mara's he used his wife as a proverbial and at times, literal, punching bag. Afterwards, he was suspended for 1 game in August 2016 stemming from a 2015 arrest. Then more came out about alleged abuse on October 20 - he was benched for the next game. The next day he was put on the league's "exempt" list. Three days later he was released. He's a free agent.

Note: .......he is available, should we kick the tires on this guy??

Kareem Hunt

Whoopsies: Pushed a girl around and at one point he pushed so hard it sent her flying into a wall face-first. Gave her a kick while she was on the ground

Talent: budding star at RB

Video of Whoopsies: Yep

Outcome: Waived 9 months after alleged incident

Note: To claim or not to claim, that is Bruce Allen's question.

Colin Kaepernick

Whoopsies: Kneeling during the national anthem

Talent: middle of the road QB with some productive seasons

Video of Whoopsies: Several; in HD-quality

Outcome: He will never step foot on an NFL field again

Note: This guy's misdeeds are the kind of BIG potatoes the Redskins and teams around the league just won't stand for. 

How many of you guys making comments saw the video? 

Obviously not a great situation from anybody but seriously just from what i read and saw from TMZ, we need to hear the whole story... 

i think Chiefs are probably moving on from Hunt based on Hunt not being truthful to the organization when they had the internal conversation more than the actual incident.  I mean as hailer21 have summarized above Hunt incident is nowhere close to what other incidents were.... i guess we also need to find out what Foster story is about...

31 minutes ago, sjinhan said:

How many of you guys making comments saw the video? 

Obviously not a great situation from anybody but seriously just from what i read and saw from TMZ, we need to hear the whole story... 

i think Chiefs are probably moving on from Hunt based on Hunt not being truthful to the organization when they had the internal conversation more than the actual incident.  I mean as hailer21 have summarized above Hunt incident is nowhere close to what other incidents were.... i guess we also need to find out what Foster story is about...

I saw the video and i know where you are going with this but yes i do agree it was far from a haymaker and he didn't exactly stomp her out. Regardless of what was said or insult was slung you can't put your hands on another human , Its assault. Regardless of whether you were at 10 % or 95 % power its still assault, Regardless of whatever hurtful or naughty word she said its still assault. 

This guy needs to be smarter, he is a high profile athlete/celebrity millionaire. You need to protect yourself on the field and off and learn to "walk away" he had everything to lose which he did, she had nothing to lose which she didn't. The NFL is a image obsessed league, These guys should be hiring chaperones over agents, they would honestly do a better job at protecting their money.

My mental image of Redskins Park this morning is Doug Williams physically  restraining Bruce from getting to his phone to claim Hill off of waivers and then have Doug go put and face the music. 

I see Doug with both arms wrapped around Bruce’s chest from behind as he struggles to get free and get to the phone.

Dan walks in, shakes his head, is (typically) clueless as to what to do and walks out.

Jay comes in, says he has to check the film, (which film, we’re not sure...) mumbles something about running more on first down, and walks out.

Lafamenia walks in, says “God I am an idiot” then walks out to call Goodell to see if he can get his old job back.

Elsewhere, McVay, Kyle Shanahan and Andy Reid are alll laughing at Bruce and his merry gang of misfits for a variety of reasons.

11 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

My mental image of Redskins Park this morning is Doug Williams physically  restraining Bruce from getting to his phone to claim Hill off of waivers and then have Doug go put and face the music. 

People convince themselves of all sorts of things.

10 minutes ago, KingGibbs said:

So Hunt hit a woman? Who cares! There are things far worse? Cut Peterson and duit Hunt up for Monday night! 

You can't be serious.

Here's the video:

Hard to tell exactly what happened. Who exactly pushed the lady into the wall?  What was she saying and why was she continuing to be aggressive?  Was she instigating?  Not defending Hunt, just saying there is more than one side to an incident like this.

1 hour ago, fwo40 said:

Don't feel bad for KC.  Ware is one of the best backup RB's in the league.  He had a great 2016 and would've been the starter last season had he not got hurt in preseason. All that was with Alex Smith.  With Mahomes you could put just about anyone back there at RB I believe...and the Chiefs have an awesome next man up. 

I feel bad for me!  He was my first rounder this year :(

.......and I wasn't fast enough to pick up Ware.

1 hour ago, SlinginSammy HOF '63 said:

Yeah, claim Hunt and just change the name to the BlacknBlueskins.

Washington Stupids should be more in line.

23 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Elsewhere, McVay, Kyle Shanahan and Andy Reid are alll laughing at Bruce and his merry gang of misfits for a variety of reasons.

I'm pretty sure there's one guy in Minneapolis, or something that laughs as well.

And John Mara of course.

1 hour ago, sjinhan said:

i think Chiefs are probably moving on from Hunt based on Hunt not being truthful to the organization when they had the internal conversation more than the actual incident.

Yep that's the way it looks to me too. He's lied back in February or whenever it was, they are hacked off with that. Chances are he's made them look bad in front of the league office. Their statement says as much.

I can’t get behind the notion that the Chiefs release him because he lied to them.  You can’t be a Chief because you’re a liar? Fat chance! That’s what their statement says because it’s an easy out and makes them sound like a perfectly moral organization that cares deeply about honest and integrity. What they really care about is PR. If they found out he lied to them back then without a video or arrest, would they have cut him?  I’ll answer that....it’s a big fat NO.  

Before the video, this was a Kareem Hunt problem. Meaning, he did something stupid and was potentially going to get in trouble for it (by the NFL or law enforcement). They were able to wait it out to see if either of those things happened without having to make a decision or take any heat for their decision. 

Once the video was released, it became a Kansas City Chiefs problem. The video immediately forced their hand. Now that everyone and their mother has seen the video, the onus is on the Chiefs to respond. It took away their ability to take the wait and see approach. Bye Bye Hunt. 

10 minutes ago, DCtoSC_SKINS_LIFER said:

I can’t get behind the notion that the Chiefs release him because he lied to them.  You can’t be a Chief because you’re a liar? Fat chance! That’s what their statement says because it’s an easy out and makes them sound like a perfectly moral organization that cares deeply about honest and integrity. What they really care about is PR. If they found out he lied to them back then without a video or arrest, would they have cut him?  I’ll answer that....it’s a big fat NO.  

Maybe they found out he lied weeks/months ago and didn't care until the video camed out.

I second ya for the PR move from them. It's even probable that the PR hit we took forced their hand as well.

13 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I agree with your premise about doing the right thing when no one is looking.  However, if the espn report is to be believed, the NFL and the Chiefs didn't get the video, TMZ broke it.  Schefter's sources said that Hunt wasn't truthful with his account of the story.  

Now, as mcqueen has pointed out, this isn't the first time that TMZ has one-upped the NFL in getting a video like this.  So while the NFL and the Chiefs do deserve an eye roll, they actually DO appear to be this incompetent.  That leads me to believe that the rest of the story is at least plausible, that Hunt did lie to them about what he did.

To the rest of your points, yes, public relations do play a big part.  But they're not bad for getting that part right.

Assuming the report is true, and it very well may be, it still rings hollow. The Chiefs are publicly claiming a "zero-tolerance" policy on such actions, yet employ Tyreek Hill. Those two things don't jive. 

I wouldn't call the NFL/Chiefs incompetent. I would call them willfully ignorant. Sure, they have the $$ to get the tapes. But its far easier for them not to do that and go the official channels route and get denied access. And then base discipline off of whatever the police do. Since the police sided with Hunt, the Chiefs are fine with that. The Chiefs aren't really in the business of going out of their way to potentially harm one of their own players. Maybe they should be, but it also gives them plausible deniability if the video ever leaks (which it did here) if they don't. And they can claim the "moral high road". And if it never leaks, the Chiefs win there too as Hunt keeps playing. So it's kind of win-win for them.

Archived