Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Breaking: Redskins claim Reuben Foster NFL.COM

Suffolk_Skins

7 hours ago, skinsfan35yrs. said:

Foster is not signed

Of course he is signed. What do you think this entire thread is all about? They claimed him off waivers. The league placed him on exempt status. He is on the Redskins payroll.

He is not on the 53 man roster, but he most certainly is signed to a Redskins contract.

2 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Of course he is signed. What do you think this entire thread is al about? They claimed him off waivers. The league placed hi mon exempt- He is on the Redskins payroll.

He is not on the 53 man roster, but he most certainly is signed to a Redskins contract.

I believe they say we retain the rights, is that not different then signed? 

Just now, skinsfan35yrs. said:

No. He is under contract to the Washington Redskins. Part of claiming him means taking over his contract. Exempt is a paid status. They can't force the 49ers to pay him. They released him.

The interesting thing about Hunt is that if he clears waivers, its quite possible he'd make more money as a free agent. As a third round pick on a rookie deal, he's not making that much more than the minimum. He'd obviously be a bit of a PR issue for whoever gets him and won't get paid for whatever suspension he receives, but if he becomes a true free agent, it's very hard for him to get paid less than he is currently getting.

10 hours ago, skinsfan35yrs. said:

That's semantics from their part. But ruth is he is signed.

In fact, if he wasn't on the exempt list we could play him monday night.

Earlier we moved McKinzy to IR so that freed up a roster spot. Foster was supposed to take that spot. And since he's on exempt, we haven't replaced him in the 53.

So If I'm right, we miss 1 guy on the roster right now. We are 52, not 53. I might have missed it, but then I don't remember @TK posting a press release for roster moves since...

9 hours ago, skinsfan35yrs. said:

Foster is not signed

We already established this is incorrect. He is in fact under contract to the Redskins. 

9 hours ago, skinsfan35yrs. said:

I have also read it was a cut not a scratch

This is directly from an ESPN article: 

"According to a statement released by Tampa police, Foster and a 28-year-old woman were involved in a verbal altercation Saturday night. The woman told police that during the altercation, Foster "slapped her phone out of her hand, pushed her in the chest area and slapped her with an open hand on the right side of her face," the statement said. Police said a 1-inch scratch was observed on the woman's left collarbone."

Here is the article: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25370143/reuben-foster-san-francisco-49ers-arrested-tampa-domestic-violence-charge

So that's 0 for 2. 

More importantly, not sure what your actual points are if there are any. If it's simply to fact check others that has not gone well. If there are points you are trying to make, it's not clear what they are. Maybe you can elaborate. 

13 hours ago, skinsfan35yrs. said:

The contact was orchestrated by the 49ers and the Redskins didn't actually sign him.  So technically they didn't sign him.  But from what I understand by obtaining his rights they usurp his contract.  so if we are playing semantics on it -- he wasn't signed but they have his contract on the books now.

5 hours ago, Dexter said:

Looks like Hunt will potentially serve a 6 game suspension....however, one more DV charge and he is banished from the league.  Unfortunately, I see him being an Eagle

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2808779-kareem-hunt-reportedly-expected-to-be-suspended-6-games-after-video-released?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

Hunt is likely getting more than 6 games as he is under investigation for a second incident. Seems like the best for him to do is just plead guilty instantly so that his suspension starts his season. Little point being on the exempt list for weeks only to then be banned starting next season.

Chances are he's looking at 8-12 games. Someone will still pick up his rights though. Maybe it's a good thing if they do. Get him into an organisation under some form of structure and rebuild from there. 

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The contact was orchestrated by the 49ers and the Redskins didn't actually sign him.  So technically they didn't sign him.  But from what I understand by obtaining his rights they usurp his contract.  so if we are playing semantics on it -- he wasn't signed but they have his contract on the books now.

Not focused necessarily at you, but wow, that is extreme semantics. We own his contract. So he is being paid by the Redskins. Maybe there was no sitting together and watching him "sign" but he is on the Redskins roster in exempt status. 

1 minute ago, goskins10 said:

Not focused necessarily at you, but wow, that is extreme semantics. We own his contract. So he is being paid by the Redskins. Maybe there was no sitting together and watching him "sign" but he is on the Redskins roster in exempt status. 

To your point to the guy posting and I agree with your point, the semantics though don't matter, they are now paying Reuben Foster.  From what I understand the Redskins are paying Foster while this matter is being looked into.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2018/11/28/nfl-placing-reuben-foster-paid-leave-means-its-unlikely-hell-play-any-time-soon/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.413ccc022729

By moving swiftly Tuesday to place Reuben Foster on paid leave, the NFL ensured that the linebacker will not play for the Washington Redskins until the league makes a final disciplinary decision in his case, probably after the conclusion of legal proceedings.

...So the league and Goodell will have the discretion to keep Foster from playing for the Redskins while his legal case proceeds. While on the exempt list, Foster will be paid his weekly salary of $51,512; that’s a prorated portion of his 2018 salary of $875,708. The Redskins, by claiming Foster off waivers, inherited his contract from the 49ers.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-teams-shocked-dismayed-that-the-redskins-claimed-reuben-foster-it-makes-all-of-us-look-bad/

"I really can't figure it out," said one NFL general manager. "Whatever you think of the player, and his impact, and even if you think this situation may not be what it seems on the surface, why would you claim him now? We were shocked that anyone claimed him."

Another NFL GM said: "I wouldn't even present it to my owner. Maybe once we know the outcome of the investigation. Maybe as a free agent down the road once he's cleared waivers. But I didn't even think about claiming him. I couldn't believe they did."

Another prominent team executive said: "What do they gain by doing this now? It reflects poorly on the entire league. It makes all of us look bad. They said in their own press release he might not ever play a snap for them. What's the point? I'm kind of disgusted by it."

Just now, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

If Foster is playing here during some part of 2019, and then 2020, his 'minimal' salary via his current rookie contract will support this move as a calculated risk financially. 

Football wise that's true but if he's found guilty isn't there something to the narrative that the Redskins rewarded a dude literally days after the incident. 

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Football wise that's true but if he's found guilty isn't there something to the narrative that the Redskins rewarded a dude literally days after the incident. 

Kinda I guess, but that's just small potatoes really in the grand scheme of things...

Seriously, yes perhaps, but I think a lot of noise from the NFL world is just that, noise to sound good. This is just another means to pile on the Redskins, can't say that concerns me as much as it does others. I dare say there is a hell of a lot of things going on in the league to be disgusted at.

Take the Chiefs, they cut Hunt, but only because it turned out he 'lied' to them. He's been on their payroll at least 6 months since the incident, plus he's in the dock for something else that happened in June. I would say they knew enough back then to take the morale high ground, and in reality they have only acted now because they have been outed by the footage. Without that, it's still brushed under the carpet and he's still in KC.

16 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

That's one view that's not being presented much but is widespread among many people who find the redskins on the losing side in the general public's opinion---especially those who work with dv populations. I was deep in working with that subject at times and I know @NewCliche21 has a master's in social work and is so employed, and maybe he can speak to what the take is in his professional circles.

So far, PR wise, whether one thinks it's fair or unfair, this is a big loser for the 'skins, though we are so far down in public opinion polls anyway and most fans will tell you they don't care about such stuff. Reality is it does impact the team, it's bottom line and financial viability, and eventually maybe ownership. So maybe the more time we spend doing dumbass things or things seen by a majority as dumbass the sooner snyder moves on. Nah. Not gonna happen.

22 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Seriously, yes perhaps, but I think a lot of noise from the NFL world is just that, noise to sound good. This is just another means to pile on the Redskins, can't say that concerns me as much as it does others. I dare say there is a hell of a lot of things going on in the league to be disgusted at.

It’s not the NFL saying they are disgusted, it’s other GM’s that remain nameless.  Beyond disgusted, they also just think it’s so stupid they wouldn’t even pitch the idea to their owner.

Downplay this and play the I-don’t-care-everyone-else-does-it-too card all you want but the fact of the matter is this the Redskins look like idiots....again, to pretty much everyone but you and a handful of homers that shamelessly continue defending this FO.  To use the term calculated risk is an insult to those who actually take them.  This clearly was less calculated risk and more impulse desperation.

Kareem Hunt was just interviewed on ESPN and I think did well towards damage control. Easy after the fact, I know.  But I would be interested to see Reuben Foster do the same. Either players stand up to this stuff, or not. Now if he was facing a false allegation (let's speculate) its tough for him to go out and talk about it.  But I think a good PR team within an organization can get a message out which functions as damage control to those bothered by the signing. Assumption of contract. Claim. W.

Here Wyllie I will write it for you.

I am sorry about all that has happened in the past and guarantee I will work to become the best person that I can be. I am thankful for the Washington Red Skins for believing in me, and getting me the help I need. I am looking forward to resolving all of the issues in my life and helping the team in any way that I can.

8 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

But I would be interested to see Reuben Foster do the same.

I'm guessing his attorney is telling him to remain quiet until he's actually found guilty of something.

Remember, we don't really know what happened and she already committed perjury on the stand once and was lucky they didn't prosecute her for it.

8 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

It’s not the NFL saying they are disgusted, it’s other GM’s that remain nameless.  Beyond disgusted, they also just think it’s so stupid they wouldn’t even pitch the idea to their owner.

Have those GM's issued statements on the Chiefs and Hunt ?

Just now, Spearfeather said:

Have those GM's issued statements on the Chiefs and Hunt ?

No idea.  Nobody knows for sure what they did or didn’t do, other than the fact that they cut Hunt.

However that’s irrelevant to what I just said and not sure what the Chiefs have to do with us, other than they bent us over for QB and the 10,000 memes about us wanting pick up Hunt.

Archived