Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who should be the next head coach for the Skins

ClaytoAli

38 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

His cheating antics alone will be good for 1 win per year. Maybe he will be a GM in his after Brady life.

If Gruden gets canned, I think it will be Callahan.

Callahan is a great choice for an Interim HC if Gruden lost his job before the season ends. I don't see that happening though. 

Callahan would be among the worst choices possible for our next actual HC hire, continuing to pull from what we already have. If Gruden goes then Allen also goes, so I don't see that happening. Very good chance we make a horrible mistake with our next hire, but I don't think this is the particular mistake we'll make. 

18 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Callahan would be among the worst choices possible for our next actual HC hire, continuing to pull from what we already have. 

Agreed.  I hope we start fresh, no connections to anyone that is currently here. And no college coach other than harbaugh or saban. 

I've got to believe that a new HC and GM HAS to be on Snyder's mind; he may not actually acknowledge it in public, but he's got to be feeling and hearing the heat going on.

I'm curious if the minority owners are in agreement, and do they have any say-so in this, or it is all up to Snyder?

Regardless, there are going to be coaches losing their jobs this year; it always happens. But, like the last time, when we were looking for a DC, we witnessed a lot of finger twiddling, a lot of second guessing, a lot of stalling, so I hope that at least THIS time they don't sit on their hands and let any available good coaches/GMs be scooped up by other teams while Snyder sits back and ends up having to invite the ugly girl to the dance. { my apologies to any ugly girls }.

We are in this situation because Bruce and Dan thought this team was close and needed to get another established QB.  Keep remodeling a ****ty foundation.  

1 hour ago, OVCChairman said:

If were gonna take that jump... torrian gray would be on my list to look at

Torian Gray gets so much accolades but he has done nothing here.  

4 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

Torian Gray gets so much accolades but he has done nothing here.  

I disagree.  Our secondary has developed pretty well.  Dunbar made the transition from WR to CB and is now viewed by many to be the best CB on the team, he's just hurt.  Fuller played VERY well under Gray and has taken a major step back since leaving.  Fabian, Stroman, Johnson, all guys playing above their draft position.  The fact that Stroman and Johnson are playing meaningful minutes and are a late 7th round and undrafted free agent shouldn't be discounted.   

Yep - bottom fishing, so our best bet may be to hire from within.  We got the bottom of the barrel bringing in Joe Barry trying to get the best from the outside. That is the class of coaches we can expect if we place an ad on Roger Craigslist.   

We bypassed on Wade to hire Manusky - so we like hiring from within anyways.  So don't be shocked if our next head coach comes from within as well.  Dan is probably kicking himself for letting McVay leave so will over compensate.

4894930.jpg

10 hours ago, RedskinsFanInSanAntonio said:

HC: Gregg Williams

OC: Zac Taylor

DC: Kris Richard

Go back to a 4-3 defense.

Heard this from Sheehan. I wouldn't mind it at all. Who we chose for OC would be very important though.

Another guy I wouldn't mind see coming back for a HC position would be George Edwards. Not sure how that relationship ended the first time around, whether he would want to come back. He is probably a more desirable HC than Williams as far as the perception goes (if anyone still cares about bountygate)

A couple people here suggested it and it really got me thinking.  If I'm looking at a college coach, Lincoln Riley has to be right up there with Kirby Smart as far as I'm concerned.  In the 2 years he's been a HC at Oklahoma, he's had the Davey O'Brien award winner.  He's 35, and knows how to get playmakers the ball.  He would need a killer DC but the dude knows how to scheme people open.  

6 hours ago, markmills67 said:

If we put all of our names from ES in a hat and the first name out is the new Washington Redskins HC, whoever it is can't do much worse than Gruden. 

HTTR 

The Gruden bashing to this level .... I just dont get it. Gruden is not a bad coach. Sure we can nit pick things here and there but he did lead a top 5 or top offense for us for 2-3 years. He did lead a very good passing offense in the age of passing the ball, he was a top 5 or top 10 coach in that regard. What we have done with injuries and our weird FO structure and the FO going out and getting Alex Smith without Gruden's input ... Gruden is the least of the problems imo.

He inherited a team that went 3-13 and went 4-12 in his first season. Since then, we have gone:

9-7

8-7-1

7-9

6-6

^^^^ these are our "golden" years compared the past 20 years.

"Cant do much worse"

"hold my beer" - Bruce Allen

--------------------------------

This seems like Shanahans to me in terms of a growing majority of fans blaming the coach. They were good coaches, they brought an actual modern passing attack, they had to deal with the ridiculous RG3-Dan Snyder mandates even though they didnt want to draft RG3. They were right about Cousins when everyone laughed at them.

Gruden is better than we deserve. Shanahans were better than we deserve.

We deserve some Jim Zorn type dunce to be running this clown show.

On 12/5/2018 at 9:33 PM, Peregrine said:

Not sure where you get the idea that was Bradley's defense.  Just because a guy coaches a team prior to another guy, it doesnt mean the team is still his 3 years later.  Thats absurd in football years, where even just 2 years makes a massive difference.  Bradleys defense was bad for 4 years in Jacksonville.  The years since he has left it has not only gone to great, but elite.

It had nothing to do with Bradley, and we would be foolish of us to pass up on the ONLY coordinator right now who has a proven recent track record of an elite group, and has done it for more than 1 year.  Statistically, the success rate for guys who fit that bill are astronomical compared to everyone else.

Haha I see you have no clue about these two. 

Bradley and Wash were teammates at NDSU in the 1980’s and won some NC’s together. Wash still holds the record for most sacks in the DII championship game. 

Wash was Bradley’s D-Line coach when Gus was DC at NDSU. Both got their first NFL at Tampa. When Bradley got Jacksonville job he brought Wash on his staff. They are best friends and have always coached together when possible. 

The scheme is a combination of the 8-man fronts from NDSU Bradley ran and the Tampa 2, similar to some concepts the 49ers ran in the 80’s. 

Yeah. It’s Bradley’s defense. 

I think Jay has lost the room. Swearinger seems to have the pulse of the team, or is the pulse of the team and he isn't happy. 

Jay has done pretty well overall, considering how ****ed up everything is around him. And if we are going in a new direction with a new QB, maybe its for the best to not change systems on the kid when Jay gets **** canned in the near future anyways.

Callahan is still my candidate to be our next coach if even to just finish out the year.  Or we could Joe Barry it and go after a coach with the worst career win percentage.  He is an easy sell since Jay has planted in everyones mind that familiarity with a system > everything else.

Archived