Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who should be the next head coach for the Skins

ClaytoAli

We need to get rid of Gruden.  Though we also know because of the QB situation, we are ****ed until we can get out of the Akex Smith contract.

Best bet, hire a Zorn 2, like I said in another thread.  We suck for a year or two; get higher drafts picks.  We fire that coach in 1 or 2 years; then by then; we will be out of cap hell. Start with a new coach and QB then.

This team, is going to be at the bottom in terms of job attractiveness.  I'd expect next 2-3 years to be brutual.  

59 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

We need to get rid of Gruden.  Though we also know because of the QB situation, we are ****ed until we can get out of the Akex Smith contract.

Best bet, hire a Zorn 2, like I said in another thread.  We suck for a year or two; get higher drafts picks.  We fire that coach in 1 or 2 years; then by then; we will be out of cap hell. Start with a new coach and QB then.

This team, is going to be at the bottom in terms of job attractiveness.  I'd expect next 2-3 years to be brutual.  

There are only a select few job opportunities in the NFL. As long as Bruce is gone, coaches will come if they get a fat paycheck

1 hour ago, JoggingGod said:

There are only a select few job opportunities in the NFL. As long as Bruce is gone, coaches will come if they get a fat paycheck

It's not a question of paycheck it's a question of hiring a worthy coach, and be willing to deal with a non stop knee jerking meddling owner.

How did it work out  with Shanahan's fat paycheck ? I think this is the only lesson Snyder might have learned, stop throwing insane $ millions out of the window for a HC.

How many worthy coaches year in year out turned down our offers ? "Washington’s problems “start from the top.” Bill Cowher about Snyder

Jay Gruden hire shows why Redskins doomed with Snyder

"But Snyder’s near-pathological devotion to big names is now officially out of hand. Only now it’s gotten so bad for Washington’s hapless owner — the job coaching his once-proud franchise has gotten so thankless and toxic that Snyder has gone from Steve Spurrier, Joe Gibbs and Mike Shanahan to settling for the less-accomplished relatives of big names."

4 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Maybe the return of a more humble Zorn -- Cerrato thought he was a good coach but just ruined by ego -- this time, Bruce could coach him up on how to handle the media better this time and how to stay humble

Vinny Cerrato: Jim Zorn ruined by ego, becoming a celebrity

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/08/vinny-cerrato-jim-zorn-ruined-by-ego-becoming-a-celebrity/

“Look, when we started out, we’re 6-2 and the guy’s doing a good job.  But then I think ego got into play and then he stopped listening to coaches, became a celebrity. I mean, that’s when Rush Limbaugh’s on the sideline, he had all these people on the sideline. Give me a break,” Cerrato said via Dan Steinberg of DC Sports Bog.

“Just worry about Clinton Portis, Chris Samuels.  Worry about the next team. To me, that’s what happened.”

The host of the Vinny Cerrato radio show blaming Washington’s downfall on Zorn’s ego is stupefying.  It would be like if Dan Snyder made fun of another owner for free agent spending.

There are so many other reasons the Redskins failed under Zorn, and most of them lead directly back to Cerrato’s decision making.  (Including the decision to hire Zorn.)

In Cerrato’s view, Zorn’s handling of the media was another crucial ingredient.

“When you talk to the media, you can’t tell them everything,” Cerrato said....  

I'm with Monk that it makes sense to go for a college coach who can design a high scoring offense. Either that, or a young O-Coordiantor in the league. Guys that intrigue me:

College

Lincoln Riley

Matt Rhule

Kliff Kingsbury

Matt Campbell

Coordinators

Matt LeFleur

Nick Sirianni

John DeFillipo

Eric Bienemy

A lot of Matts. 

2 hours ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

@Jumbo ^^^ You've missed my post above. Hot or Not? 

Are you still shaking from the earthquake?

Jeebus---can't believe you drew my eyes to that---though i'm no less content with things now then I was in the viinnie years. not a whole lot of diff overall.

Per the quake, i moved out of AK decades ago but i was a ten year old adventurous lad living there when the 9.2 good friday quake hit and that made for many adventures over a number of months. i wrote a couple snippets on it in the tailgate thread.

1 hour ago, Jumbo said:

Jeebus---can't believe you drew my eyes to that---though i'm no less content with things now then I was in the viinnie years. not a whole lot of diff overall.

Per the quake, i moved out of AK decades ago but i was a ten year old adventurous lad living there when the 9.2 good friday quake hit and that made for many adventures over a number of months. i wrote a couple snippets on it in the tailgate thread.

Ohhhh Anchorage Alaska...what a great place to live!!..I miss it but don't haha

On 11/29/2018 at 8:19 AM, BigHuv21 said:

Gregg Williams with Kliff Kingsbury as OC 

Gregg would never sign here, but I would take him in a second. At least we would have one functional side of the ball. Claiming Reuben Foster was a low caliber move, but this defense is going to have some horses next year. Snyder should open his checkbook and apologize to Williams, and then we can sign some hot **** OC and try to figure something out at QB. 

Also, if we are going to wind up with another Jim Zorn, why wouldn't we just keep Gruden? Change for the sake of change is dumb. 

9 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Mike McCarthy has been trash lately with a hall of fame QB. I don't want to see what he's like without a hall of fame QB here.

True, but the HOF QB plays with an offense full of JAGs. Couple that with a sorry defense and you have two straight losing seasons. 

Before last season, GB had eight 10 win seasons under McCarthy. 

12 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Mike McCarthy has been trash lately with a hall of fame QB. I don't want to see what he's like without a hall of fame QB here.

I havent been watching much of their games but from what little I’ve seen, I’ve been under the impression that Rodgers just hasn’t been right all year due to the injury in week 1 SNF.

Archived