Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who should be the next head coach for the Skins

ClaytoAli

I'm not sure a coaching change is the miracle we need.  I wish McVay was still here then I'd be all about it but thats not the case.  We don't have an internal candidate, and I'm really not sure of the outside candidates yet.  However, these players respond to Jay.  While i am frustrated with Jay when we dont come out running the ball, establishing that and then playing off it - I'm not sure if another coach would do the same thing?  

22 minutes ago, superozman said:

I'm not sure a coaching change is the miracle we need.  I wish McVay was still here then I'd be all about it but thats not the case.  We don't have an internal candidate, and I'm really not sure of the outside candidates yet.  However, these players respond to Jay.  While i am frustrated with Jay when we dont come out running the ball, establishing that and then playing off it - I'm not sure if another coach would do the same thing?  

Callahan would get my vote. They way he coaches up off the street and he has SB experience and the players WANT to play hard for him

https://redskinswire.usatoday.com/2018/08/05/redskins-callahan-sometimes-hands-out-kick-starts-even-to-pro-bowler-trent-williams/

I don't blame the Cowboys loss on Gruden as much as I do other factors.  Still, even if we were to move on from Gruden, it wouldn't mean **** if Bruce Allen is still in the building and has any responsibilities when it comes to players or coaches.  If he was told he could only work on the new stadium and drink Coors light, that would be one thing.  I doubt that will be the case though, especially if the fans are now going to revolt on Jay, then Jay will become that patsy and Allen will keep on keeping on.

Further, if we were to replace Gruden, we need to get an up and coming assistant, not a retread coach.  Definitely not one of the asshole Harbaugh brothers, who both have shown that they can't do much without a lot of talent on their rosters, and I'm not sure we have/will have all that talent next year.  We should have done everything in our power to keep McVay; promote him to Assistant HC or something.  He is the man, and he is going to have ahelluva career. 

Side note - I'm so tired of saying we should have kept that guy or gotten this guy.  Damn, we need someone with vision in our FO!!!

2 minutes ago, Taylor 36 said:

Side note - I'm so tired of saying we should have kept that guy or gotten this guy.  Damn, we need someone with vision in our FO!!!

Skins traded in Vinny for Bruce.  I have no faith that The Midget will ever get it right. 

2 minutes ago, Csup said:

Skins traded in Vinny for Bruce.  I have no faith that The Midget will ever get it right. 

Maybe not, but we can't continue to have the same losers on payroll year after year and expect a different outcome.  It's funny how Snyder constantly gets ragged on for being impatient and quick to fire people (I covered how horribly wrong this theory is many times over the years), but Bruce has been here going on nine years.  I wish he was as impatient and prone to firing people as some try to make him out to be.

2 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

Gibbs 3.0

It's been as long as the first time.

Still haven't won ****.

The crazy thing is, I would bet that Gibbs would have a better record percentage wise if he did come back than the guys who replaced him after he left the second time.

13 minutes ago, SAli457180 said:

Sorry, but ship sailed after the 4th quarter ended yesterday

Nah...write this down...Colt McCoy 300+ plus yards on a broken down Philly secondary..doctson goes off has almost 200 yards receiving and we start a nice run to win the division and all this next head coach talk will disappear..

1 hour ago, superozman said:

The myth of the players responding to Jay really rubs against the reality of how often the team comes out flat and unprepared. 

I think the players, by and large, like Jay, but do they really fight for him, dig in, and do all the extra work and prep not on game days required?

Do the players respond to him? Do they respect him? I’m not sure. I’m conflicted. 

6 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Nah...write this down...Colt McCoy 300+ plus yards on a broken down Philly secondary..doctson goes off has almost 200 yards receiving and we start a nice run to win the division and all this next head coach talk will disappear..

150 of which will be in catch-up mode after Wentz drops 30+ points on us.

7 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

It's also possible, the Skins go on a slide and don't win another game. Frankly, even if this team makes the playoffs Gruden needs to go.

2 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

It's also possible, the Skins go on a slide and don't win another game. Frankly, even if this team makes the playoffs Gruden needs to go.

It’s a safe bet that whoever wins the division is one and done in the playoffs.  

I know some Cowboy fans who wanted to lose yesterday because they want Garrett gone. Winning the NFC East this year just prolongs the inevitable for both teams.

If we fire the HC, I think it ought to be a tag team deal. Bruce has been here almost a decade and while I do like our last two drafts... that’s too long a period of incompetence. 

I dont want an Ernie Grunfield situation with the ‘skins. Now, I wouldn’t be totally against in house FO promotions, but if one goes both should go. 

Archived