Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who should be the next head coach for the Skins

ClaytoAli

2 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Case in point, Bears' Matt Nagy.  john Fox won 14 games in his 3 years as head coach.  Noone was expecting the Bears to do much this year in Nagy's first year.  He has the Bears at 8-3 and they are winning the North.

It can be done with the right coach.

He is a young franchise QB.  McVay did the same with Goff.  He got them young enough before they were damaged by the NFL 

10 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

He is a young franchise QB.  McVay did the same with Goff.  He got them young enough before they were damaged by the NFL 

I’ve got them at 100:1 to win the sb. One day that ticket will be worth the same as my Redskins game day draws. 

Jay Gruden is just wrong.  If he was a bit better we would be in the playoff's every year.  If he was a bit worse, we would be picking high in the draft and setting up a champion team for our new coach and general manager.  Bruce Allen should be traded to Sears to be their new general manager for the delivery boy and the sales girl on aisle 4.

1 hour ago, Stadium-Armory said:

Kyler Murray. 

You heard me right. He should be our next QB / 22 year old player-coach. Hot damn that kid is awesome.

:)

He's 5'9", less than 200 lbs, with a more promising baseball future. I know you're joking but hard pass. 

10 hours ago, KillBill26 said:

As far as the GM argument, I understand the disdain for Allen and wanting him out of the equation for many reasons.  But would naming Kyle smith or Eric schaffer GM really be a change?  They have a lot of involvement as it stands today, and maybe an overhaul would be better.  And do we really need change from a roster building perspective?  Our drafts have been pretty solid the past couple years imo.  

If it were my call, I'd stay on the path we are on and name Kyle smith GM, and give Eric schaffer a nice title and salary to make sure he stays on.  Try to find a role for Doug Williams, but he is easily replaceable imo.  He is a great guy and is a sentimental favorite, but I'm not sure how much he brings to the table behind the scenes.  Fire Bruce Allen.  Hire jim harbaugh.  

I would be OK with this if someone can guarantee that Bruce doesn't meddle into anything else but he will, hence the problem with him.  I'm OK with their drafts recently but don't want any more power moves or meddling by Bruce.

2 hours ago, Ashburn Dave said:

I would be OK with this if someone can guarantee that Bruce doesn't meddle into anything else but he will, hence the problem with him.  I'm OK with their drafts recently but don't want any more power moves or meddling by

9 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

True, but Trubisky is just a piece to a solid roster. I'd give Nagy the credit over Trubisky for the Bears success thus far.

17 hours ago, spjunkies said:

I'll do it, but Dan has to give me GM control and promise to stay out of my business. My salary demand is only 6.8 million per year. 

I know you were only kidding, but you brought up a point I want to address.  

One of the reasons I don't want a retread coach is because many of the vets want to come in and be HC/GM.  I never EVER want that.  We need to have two separate people for those positions. I don't want a HC that is also the GM, but, of course, the HC should have some input on players.  Ultimate, HC that moonlight as GM's fail in the NFL.  Very few can handle doing both.  Of course, we need a real GM, period.  But, that is a different discussion. 

9 minutes ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

Jay Gruden, Can't blame him for injurys. Team was doing great when healthy

Colts game?

11 hours ago, volsmet said:

Mike Leach. Let’s get weird.

He could coach Maryland on Saturdays and the Skins on Sundays.

7 minutes ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

right the colts game!!!! FIRE HIS ASS.

giphy.gif

I just wanted to make sure I understood your definition of “great”.  Guess your benchmark is lower than mine.

How about this?  5 years coaching - 1 playoff appearance.  0 wins. Sub .500 record.    I define that as not very good.  Do you consider this an “amazing” record?

7 minutes ago, Csup said:

I just wanted to make sure I understood your definition of “great”.  Guess your benchmark is lower than mine.

How about this?  5 years coaching - 1 playoff appearance.  0 wins. Sub .500 record.    I define that as not very good.  Do you consider this an “amazing” record?

It appears that he thinks that being an Asian guy driving and being able to smile and give a thumbs up is great.  I've heard the stereotypes about Asians driving, but this guy takes it up a few notches.  I get why he thinks the team is great then.

Keep Gruden, but hire a big-time offensive coordinator to handle the play-calling.  The combination of Callahan/Gruden making calls doesn't seem to mesh well in today's NFL.

Until Running Backs coach Randy Jordan can develop a decent power-run type of back, Callahan's running play-calls won't work.  (Jordan has yet to develop a power RB, he's had to rely on imported  players who were coached by others.). So it's sad to watch as Gruden calls the inevitable 1st down run that gets only 1 yard and puts the offense into 2nd & long, etc. I suspect much of that is on Callahan's insistence for his "power" running game to set up the pass.

However Gruden is the perfect coach to manage the Skins' semi-dysfunctional Snyder/Allen front office ....at least through 2019.

12 minutes ago, c slag said:

Bruce Arians

Not in the camp of firing Jay.  I do like Arians but aside from his health issues, I wonder if his personality meshes with Dan.  Arians is a no holds barred-tell it like it is type.   Dan strikes me as a guy who prefers a head coach who can roll with his punches. 

4 minutes ago, Wyvern said:

However Gruden is the perfect coach to manage the Skins' semi-dysfunctional Snyder/Allen front office ....at least through 2019.

I think this is a key point that IMO some miss.   You really need to have the right personality to deal with that mess.  Jay strikes me as the perfect combination of making Dan-Bruce feel at ease without seeming to be a threat to their power while pushing for what he wants at certain times and getting it -- but not always.  

On 11/23/2018 at 9:47 AM, bakedtater1 said:

Can we focus on winning this division first?

For real, why are many acting like this seasons over? This same wounded, battered offense could have easily put 30 points on the board against a very good Dallas Defense, if blatant calls would have been made. Same goes for the Texans Defense, we moved the ball well and could have beat them, if not for a bad call.  That's pretty freaking good with an offense that's lost key players at every position, and has not practiced one day together since Colt took over. With one huge addition coming back soon with Chris Thompson, this team is far from finished this season, we're just about to get started!

18 minutes ago, Csup said:

In his first five years as a HC Bill Bellichick was 36-44 with the Browns. 1 PO, 1W-1L.

That is not very good...

And he's 41-54 until he got Tom Brady...

That is still not very good.

Since then, he's on talk as the GOAT...

And you can talk about the Browns being a mess. We were a mess when Jay arrived.

8 minutes ago, RedskinsLegacy said:

For real, why are many acting like this seasons over? This same wounded, battered offense could have easily put 30 points on the board against a very good Dallas Defense, if blatant calls would have been made. That's pretty freaking good with an offense that's lost key players at every position. One huge addition coming back soon with Chris Thompson. This team is by far finished this season, we're just about to get started!

That's what I'm talking about good attitude man!!

Archived