Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who should be the next head coach for the Skins

ClaytoAli

37 minutes ago, skinzdar55 said:

True, but the HOF QB plays with an offense full of JAGs. Couple that with a sorry defense and you have two straight losing seasons. 

Before last season, GB had eight 10 win seasons under McCarthy. 

36 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I havent been watching much of their games but from what little I’ve seen, I’ve been under the impression that Rodgers just hasn’t been right all year due to the injury in week 1 SNF.

True for both, but I'm looking at more than just this year. Rodgers is having a bad year this year, but he's getting late into his career. They've had a decade of Rodgers, and 1 Super Bowl to show for it. With what Rodgers is able to do, it's criminal how he's been wasted. That goes on the GMs too, but I wouldn't let McCarthy off the hook either. I think McCarthy has behind the ball and Rodgers' magic has covered it up. A new team will either fix his being behind or expose it. I'm leaning towards exposed.

I'm all in for hiring Mike Mc if Jay blows this lead and does not make the playoffs as a WC but remember boys and girls, no head coach has ever won a Super Bowl with one team and then went on to win one with a different team. I do like Mike Mc all time won loss record esp if you forget about the last 2 years with a injured QB

Well, McCarthy hasn't had the horses the last few years, so I can see why the Packers struggled; there's only so much a good QB can do, he needs a supporting cast.

Moreso, even IF McCarthy were to come here, he still needs other aspects to get a solid perennial { that means constant ] winner to DC.

Offensive coordinator

Scouts

competent GM

competent QB

competent receiving group, WRs, TEs, FBs, etc.

Right now we have none of the above. One thing that's never mentioned is the scouting dept.; over the last 10 years, they've found, maybe, 4-5 players worthy?  They seem to shy, no, STAY away from any WR over 6'2. It would be nice to see a WR who understands the concept of going up and battling for a ball thrown high, which is exactly how McCarthy and Rodgers succeeded for so long.

If Jay's squad comes out tomorrow night and gets thrown around like a rag doll and abused, with 11 days to prepare, then YES, send him on his way.

There is no excuse at all for this team to be blown out Monday night; none at all. If it does happen, then its clear he isn't reaching his players, and these players don't need a buddy. The talk of 'the players like Jay'  doesn't vibe well. These players need to be held accountable; they need someone they respect and play hard for.

ES may have to temporarily shut down Monday night if things go bad. I'm hoping it doesn't happen, but I've got that feeling, and it will be a mad house in here.

The thing about McCarthy is that he didnt pick his players. Green Bay also just hired a new GM in January. So it was likely barring a playoff run that mcCarthy was done anyways. New GM's want to pick their own coach. 

I would be fine with McCarthy. He is a proven winner. But I am not really ready to give up on Jay yet either. I think the guy has gotten better as a head coach every year here. 

13 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I don't know if you guys are aware but some dude named.....checks notes.......Mike McCarthy just became available.  Might want to look into him.

Hes kinda old, but as long as he brings his buddy Ringo with him then I think we will be ok.  2 Outta 4 ain’t half bad.

I don’t think an offensive guru helps a team with no QB, and I don’t think one would want to come here and poison their reputation as an offensive guru. 

If we change coaches, we should be looking at a defensive guru. We have some real talent on defense and could be attractive to a defensive minded coach. 

1 hour ago, clskinsfan said:

The thing about McCarthy is that he didnt pick his players. Green Bay also just hired a new GM in January. So it was likely barring a playoff run that mcCarthy was done anyways. New GM's want to pick their own coach. 

I would be fine with McCarthy. He is a proven winner. But I am not really ready to give up on Jay yet either. I think the guy has gotten better as a head coach every year here. 

4-12 or 7-9   I really dont see it. I guess technically its an improvement of sorts but...How many games did we crap the bed after having 10 to 14 days to prepare? I have never seen him lay into a player for stupid drive killing penalties on offense or the drive continuing penalties on defense Plus he still cannot mange a clock. I.E. last game we were behind, time ticking and play after play the offense just saunters up to the line

10 hours ago, skins island connection said:

If Jay's squad comes out tomorrow night and gets thrown around like a rag doll and abused, with 11 days to prepare, then YES, send him on his way.

There is no excuse at all for this team to be blown out Monday night; none at all. If it does happen, then its clear he isn't reaching his players, and these players don't need a buddy. The talk of 'the players like Jay'  doesn't vibe well. These players need to be held accountable; they need someone they respect and play hard for.

ES may have to temporarily shut down Monday night if things go bad. I'm hoping it doesn't happen, but I've got that feeling, and it will be a mad house in here.

A blowout loss is the most likely result from tonight's game.

Our job will become available but it will be near the bottom of attractive jobs. The QB situation is complicated with Alex's injury and contract. 

16 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

A blowout loss is the most likely result from tonight's game.

Our job will become available but it will be near the bottom of attractive jobs. The QB situation is complicated with Alex's injury and contract. 

Even if the Skins lose tonight, it’s hardly the end of the world, or season. They’d be 6-6, 1/2 game out of the playoffs, with the next three games against very mediocre teams. Hardly out of the realm of possibility that they lose tonight, hit a three game winning streak, and play Philly in FedEx last game with division and/or playoff berth on the line.

Sorry, I know that doesn’t fit the “all is woe” narrative that seems to permeate the Stadium...guess I should go back to the Tailgate....

11 hours ago, Springfield said:

Yes to Paul McCartney please

I know its cooler for some to go with others as the top Beatle but I've always been a McCartney guy myself.  He wrote the bigger Beatle hits, owned all the other Beatles as a solo artists.  He's a winner.

As a head coach, he'd bring some needed energy perhaps to this team.  Ringo might work too but got more doubts about him.  George Martin's (Beatles producer) son, Giles, might be an interesting albeit offbeat pick.

21 minutes ago, Long n Left said:

Even if the Skins lose tonight, it’s hardly the end of the world, or season. They’d be 6-6, 1/2 game out of the playoffs, with the next three games against very mediocre teams. Hardly out of the realm of possibility that they lose tonight, hit a three game winning streak, and play Philly in FedEx last game with division and/or playoff berth on the line.

Of course they won’t be mathematically out of it.  That said, the division has been running away from them for a while now.  This team needs a win tonight.

21 minutes ago, Long n Left said:

Sorry, I know that doesn’t fit the “all is woe” narrative that seems to permeate the Stadium...guess I should go back to the Tailgate....

Bigger picture it means we would have lost 3 in a row after having a 2 game lead.  We also have lost the tie breaker to Dallas, therefore we've dropped from a 2 games up in the division to now 2 games back in the division as we would need to pass them.  It would be another instance where we controlled our own destiny and handed it over.  It would be another sub .500 team to beat us.  It's not about the standings as it's more a testament to what Jay is as a coach.  Someone who hits the ball great on the driving range, and puts up an admiral round when he's playing a round with his buddies in FLA and it's sunny and 72.  Once the wind starts to blow a little bit, or the pressure is on to win the tournament, he 3 puts it to send it to a playoff and hope he can get lucky.  

If we lose tonight the season may not be over, but it's just another notch in the argument that Jay is never going to have what it takes when the season matters most.  

Philly has lost 3 of 5, and the two wins they had were a squeaker vs the Giants, and they beat the Jags by 7.   They're hurt, they're struggling, and this is the time to put the nail in the coffin of their season.  Win tonight ends their chances while keeping us tied for 1st.  Now is the time.  We can't keep hoping to slide into a wild card.  We've had 11 days since we last strapped up the game pads.  This is a game we need to win.  

Don't worry, guys, it's OK. Just look at this latest video the team released about how the Redskins dressed as they boarded the plane to Philly! Gruden's got these guys focused and ready! Their priorities are in the right place, clearly! And who couldn't be inspired to go destroy a division opponent while listening to this music!?

7 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

Don't worry, guys, it's OK. Just look at this latest video the team released about how the Redskins dressed as they boarded the plane to Philly! Gruden's got these guys focused and ready! Their priorities are in the right place, clearly! And who couldn't be inspired to go destroy a division opponent while listening to this music!?

This would be so cool if we were a good/winning team. Now it just kinda pisses me off. 

Archived