Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who should be the next head coach for the Skins

ClaytoAli

3 minutes ago, Skins199021 said:

Yeah... thats exactly why we aren't going to the playoffs because we didn't call the right run plays for a 33 year old RB....

Stop kidding yourself, if we have a new coach next year, its the same team with less continuity. 

That was just one example of Gruden’s Achilles heel; Inflexible playcalling, and poor in game adjustments. 

Regarding the “same team next year”, I doubt we retain 100% of this year’s roster. 

Waiting for your expert reply...

5 minutes ago, SavetheSkins said:

That was just one example of Gruden’s Achilles heel; Inflexible playcalling, and poor in game adjustments. 

Regarding the “same team next year”, I doubt we retain 100% of this year’s roster. 

Waiting for your expert reply...

You are missing the point. Its pointless to get fired up about are coach when that really isn't and hasn't been the cause of our lack of success.

Oh not the same team next year? I am sure Allen and Snyder will fix it up real well....

19 minutes ago, allskinz said:

Fire Bruce..  bring in a REAL GM.  Let them decide Jay's fate.  Naah, that doesn't make any sense.    

Fire Bruce.  Fire Jay.  Bring in a new GM to hire the new coach.  

2 things: 1) if the new GM says Jay should stay, you’ve hired the wrong GM.

2) no reason to make the new GM clean up Bruce’s mess.

In fact, Bruce should have to fire Jay to clean up his own mess before Dan fires Bruce.

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Fire Bruce.  Fire Jay.  Bring in a new GM to hire the new coach.  

2 things: 1) if the new GM says Jay should stay, you’ve hired the wrong GM.

2) no reason to make the new GM clean up Bruce’s mess.

In fact, Bruce should have to fire Jay to clean up his own mess before Dan fires Bruce.

I can agree with this if you want to get rid of Jay and Bruce at the same time. But firing Jay and keeping Allen is a breakeven scenario at best

LaFemina's specialty is the business side of football. I don't know that he has any expertise in the football side of football.  All I'm certain of is that the guy who's living on his father's name and legacy should be shown the door. He's fooled the owner into believing he's indispensable for getting a new stadium; he is not. He's fooled the owner into believing that all of the good decisions during McCloughan time were his ideas and all the bad ones were McCloughan's; hardly! Get him out of the building.....completely out of the building, not reassigned to some other role, however diminished. He needs to be fired! This team does have a lot of talent, especially young talent on D. That should not be squandered by inept coaching. The only way we get a new coach is if we have a new GM. George Allen's son will never admit he was wrong, which is what firing Gruden would equate to......especially after the idiot gave Gruden that extension.

22 minutes ago, Skins199021 said:

You are missing the point. Its pointless to get fired up about are coach when that really isn't and hasn't been the cause of our lack of success.

Oh not the same team next year? I am sure Allen and Snyder will fix it up real well....

Completely agree Snyder and Allen are the bigger issues, and I detest both of them. Allen should be fired tomorrow if Danny Boy had any character and leadership. 

As Skins fans, it comes down to two choices:

1) Recognize that Snyder will continue to own the team for a long time.  Continue to advocate for bringing in a President/GM that can install a credible football operation, and have a long term successful plan. 

2) Based on Snyder’s almost 20 years of clown car leadership, close down the forums, stop watching/attending Redskin games, and find another team to support. 

I’m leaning towards option 2.  SSDYear I’m about done with. 

1 minute ago, Monkman56 said:

Now that our season is over, and we will finish in last place, where do we go from here? Because it certainly does not look good from any  viewpoint.

Has it ever really looked good at the end of any season for the past 20 years?

I honestly think it doesn't matter who the coach is unless Snyder goes outside the organization, asks the league to put a search committee together, then hires from the GM candidates they recommend. Then Snyder needs to let the GM he hires do his job. 

Everyone here needs to go. Promoting Doug or Kyle will just be more of the same. 

If he doesn't, nothing will ever change no matter who the coach is. 

How do I know this? Because it's been proven over 20 years of Danny.

Every coach that has been here has failed. Every coach that has been here hasn't been able to control the circus. That includes the legendary Joe Gibbs. 

McVay would have failed under Bruce Allen and Danny. 

The culture needs to completely change. And that will only happen if Danny does something he has not done in 20 years. Hire a real GM, not a lackey.

5 minutes ago, Hooper said:

I honestly think it doesn't matter who the coach is unless Snyder goes outside the organization, asks the league to put a search committee together, then hires from the GM candidates they recommend. Then Snyder needs to let the GM he hires do his job. 

If he doesn't, nothing will ever change no matter who the coach is. 

How do I know this? Because it's been proven over 20 years of Danny.

Every coach that has been here has failed. Every coach that has been here hasn't been able to control the circus. That includes the legendary Joe Gibbs. 

McVay would have failed under Bruce Allen and Danny. 

The culture needs to completely change. And that will only happen if Danny does something he has not done in 20 years. Hire a real GM, not a lackey.

Honestly, the only way things change are if the league intervenes and forces Danny to sell. Hard stop.

37 minutes ago, Skins199021 said:

I can agree with this if you want to get rid of Jay and Bruce at the same time. But firing Jay and keeping Allen is a breakeven scenario at best

Firing Jay and keeping Bruce would be absolutely awful.  It means Bruce would have a chance to hire a third (or second depending on if you think he had anything to do with hiring Shanahan.)

Regardless, Both have to go.

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

Firing Jay and keeping Bruce would be absolutely awful.  

I would give up my fandom. Would be a new low for Danny and that's saying something. 

Bruce has to go. Can't imagine a new GM keeping Jay around even if he thinks he's a decent coach. Clean slate. Pick your own guy.

To think, the Smeagles wanted Gruden as their head coach before we did. Dang, the dumb luck!

This guy won an arena league championship FTW! He couldn’t help get the bengalies offense past the WC round on three trips.

Why is he head coach again?

.....oh oh I know gm familiarity. How did that work out so far? Losing franchise, mediocre playoff team, and a sb win with his big brother who was a walk on hc.

blah blah, bad taste in my mouth the day he was hired and still is now!

42 minutes ago, posse87 said:

The smart move for Syder would be to get rid of Allen and promote Kyle to GM and then let him decide on coaching change etc.

Makes perfect sense......that would be a move by a owner that knows what he is doing.  I honestly think that is what will happen and if we want a new head coach I would hope it happens before the season is over.

The smart move would be for 

1 ) everyone to understand Snyder ownes the team and nothing we say will change that . If you don’t like him find another team like many others have already done.

2) fire the entire coaching staff 

3) fire the entire front office

4) hire a new president of operations - let them do the entire reorganization.

Cowboys just won 5 straight, they were what 13-3 several years ago, eagles won a bunch straight through the playoffs to get to super bowl. Our genius HC hired by BruceCoorslight has won 3 games consecutively... what twice in 5 years....never a 4 game winning streak...this guy is much worse then any of us realize!

From above..."If you don’t like him find another team like many others have already done." Sad my family had been a skins fan since my uncle in the 50's  couldnt miss his skins game....but I am close to becoming a FA!

Enough of these speculations...

Just wanted to let you all know I have applied for the coaching job and being considered for the job. I will hire a competent signal caller. My job will be to hold a stick in my hand. Lots of players butt are going to get hurt. Stay tune, more to come later after the confirmation. 

Archived