Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who should be the next head coach for the Skins

ClaytoAli

On 12/9/2018 at 5:05 PM, Peregrine said:

I see you THINK you have a clue about them, because 20 years ago you played under them for a season.  Which leads to the extreme arrogance of both now thinking you are the authority on them, as well as that nothing has changed in 20 years.

We all know their history, most of us have web browsers.  Bradleys defense was quite poor, and Wash didnt end up as the DC until his last year.  Since then, the new HC has seen Wash's defense as much better than Bradleys, and kept him on.  Bradley's defense failed, Wash's has succeeded.

But yes, lets ALSO pretend that Belichick's deffense, and offense for that matter, is really just Bill Parcells, because a former assistant doing better things than their "master" has never happened....except the other thousand times it has.

Weird how the Chargers defense is doing so well. 

On 12/9/2018 at 9:21 PM, Gibbs828791 said:

....never a 4 game winning streak...

2015 end of the season and 2016 beginning of the season (0-2 to 4-2) say hello :) 

That is not to say he doesn’t suck. I am well aware he does, and needs to be fired after the season. I was just correcting you since apparently you seem to have forgotten the two times the team did have a 4 game winning streak 

On 12/9/2018 at 8:13 PM, Hooper said:

The culture needs to completely change. And that will only happen if Danny does something he has not done in 20 years. Hire a real GM, not a lackey.

Even GMs aren't immune to ownership influence. Snyder, his family, and close friends are entrenched in the organization, and it would take a miracle for an outsider to come in and reverse the situation without calling negative attention to himself from the powers that be. I've worked for companies where agents of positive change come in just to get guillotined by members of the old guard for not doing things "their" way, then get dismissed because he/she was never really one of them any way. Only one person can reverse all of this and bring real change to the organization and he's yet to demonstrate that he's capable of doing it.

My hope is that Gruden is gone. I really don't have a wish list for HC, I just want someone other than the current team president making that decision. That's crucial for me. If Williams continues to impress as interim HC in Cleveland and doesn't get the job in the off-season, does Snyder become interested? I remember a game a few years back. We were playing the Rams at FedEx, and Gregg and Snyder were on the field talking before the game. George Allen's son saw it and moved so fast across that grass, it looked like Higgins' dobermans were chasing him. He just had to hear everything that was being said; couldn't be out of the loop. He's the loopmaster at Redskins Park. Can't let anyone get close to Snyder, lest his hold over the owner be broken. I'm curious about Williams as a HC. Not saying necessarily that I'd want him for us. But I think the dude deserves a chance somewhere.

A lot of this will depend on whether, as Keim has mentioned, those other owners begin to apply pressure to Snyder in order to force out the current team president. 

1 hour ago, skinzplay said:

My hope is that Gruden is gone. I really don't have a wish list for HC, I just want someone other than the current team president making that decision. That's crucial for me. If Williams continues to impress as interim HC in Cleveland and doesn't get the job in the off-season, does Snyder become interested? I remember a game a few years back. We were playing the Rams at FedEx, and Gregg and Snyder were on the field talking before the game. George Allen's son saw it and moved so fast across that grass, it looked like Higgins' dobermans were chasing him. He just had to hear everything that was being said; couldn't be out of the loop. He's the loopmaster at Redskins Park. Can't let anyone get close to Snyder, lest his hold over the owner be broken. I'm curious about Williams as a HC. Not saying necessarily that I'd want him for us. But I think the dude deserves a chance somewhere.

A lot of this will depend on whether, as Keim has mentioned, those other owners begin to apply pressure to Snyder in order to force out the current team president. 

I thought I read someplace that there was bad blood between double g and Snyder. He was pissed he didn't even get interviewed for the HC job way back when Gibbs retired iirc

I’m not sure who I want the new coach to be but I would like Allen and Gruden gone. We need something different it’s become pretty stale watching this. If Gruden is still there next season there will be even less people at the stadium. Maybe the new coaches and system will help with the injuries. 

5 hours ago, PURGATORY said:

Complete rebuild time fire Allen & Gruden.

Go after-

GM - Nick Caserio

HC - Zac Taylor or Kris Richard

Kris Richard is intriguing if they go for a new coach -- leadership qualities and a tactician too.  

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2018/09/22/cowboys-kris-richard-just-intoxicating-charisma-look-inside-one-nfls-top-defensive-minds

Cowboys' Kris Richard is more than just intoxicating charisma: A look inside one of the NFL's top defensive minds

Richard approaches his job with an evangelical fervor that's impossible to ignore. Whether he's lacing up his cleats to run with the players or making an introductory speech to the team that ends in applause, he makes an impression.

Players gravitate toward the Cowboys' defensive backs coach and passing game coordinator. His charisma is intoxicating.

There's a presence to Richard that should accelerate his drive to become a head coach, a status linebacker Sean Lee is convinced Richard will hold one day. But there's more to the 39-year-old coach than an overdeveloped case of zeal.

Lee considers Richard to be an unbelievable coach and resource. Safety Kavon Frazier marvels at his ability to tell the players exactly what to expect once the game is underway. Defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli calls his co-worker a great technician and as good as any defensive coach he's been around.

"I think the guy's brilliant," Marinelli said.

...Have the Cowboys noticed even more excitement in Richard's approach leading up to this game?

"I don't think he has another level," safety Xavier Woods said. "He's already at 10."

..."The preparation is just totally different. The fieryness, he makes everybody believe, and we're just going out there and playing."

Lee echoes that opinion.

"The combination of understanding X's and O's, how offenses attack, little details when it comes to whether it's a split in the offense or an alignment or a concept they like to run," Lee said. "Then giving you so much information on how to play that and then pairing it with technique.

"He's just putting us in position to make plays and making us better football players."

Marinelli has been around some outstanding defensive coaches. Tony Dungy. Lovie Smith. Monte Kiffin. Mike Tomlin.

That makes this comment all the more powerful.

"I'm telling you, he's right there, as good as I've been around," Marinelli said. "And that's saying a lot."

The ability to meld scheme with technique. An attention to detail and fundamentals. His ability to teach and communicate. Marinelli is blown away by all of these traits in Richard.

13 hours ago, crabbypatty said:

I thought I read someplace that there was bad blood between double g and Snyder. He was pissed he didn't even get interviewed for the HC job way back when Gibbs retired iirc

I seem to recall they were pissed that he didn’t tell Gibbs about the first defensive play of the game following Sean Taylor’s murder, where they only had 10 players on the field.  I also heard he wanted Snyder to hire a new GM.  

5 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Gruden isn’t going to be fired. Even if they get blown out 40-0 the next 3 weeks.  It’s the injuries.  It’s all the injuries.

All I can say is I hope your wrong but Allen must be fired too.

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Gruden isn’t going to be fired. Even if they get blown out 40-0 the next 3 weeks.  It’s the injuries.  It’s all the injuries.

I believe noone will be fired and injuries will be the excuse.

Then when the Skins flirt with a 13-16 loss season; Dan finally makes a change for 2020.  After all, we will have the #1 pick in the 2020 draft.   Perfect time to start over.

On 12/11/2018 at 5:13 PM, Master Blaster said:

Weird how the Chargers defense is doing so well. 

Yes, hes done a bang up job taking them from 16th in yards allowed under John Pagano to 17th in yards allowed almost 2 straight years. 

Oh, and the turnovers produced is also lower than it was, they've regressed to 18th in that as well.

At least the points allowed have improved, though due to the Chargers offense's league leading low turnover count, AND 3rd highest punt average.

What a great defense, 17th, 8th, and 18th, with the 8th being a result of the top of the league offense and special teams play.  Otherwise they have gotten worse over the years under Bradley. Good call.

41 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

The Browns have now won 4 of their last 5. Gregg Williams would have been a far better coach than ANYONE hired by Snyder not named Gibbs.

True, but Im not sure thats because Williams is any good, as opposed to Snyder not being competent to hire a coach.

The browns were already on their way to winning 4 of 5, with or without the incompetent Hue Jackson.  If we recall, the Browns also lost 2 overtime games in their first 8, and lose to 3 to the Saints, with 21 seconds left.  In their first 8 games only 2 teams were beating them with 30 seconds left on the clock.  They were already on the cusp.

Plus, in the early games they had to play 3 teams 11-3 or better, and then the division leading Steelers 2 times.  Their last 5 games have involved 4 losing teams and then the Texans.  Obviously way better than the previous Browns, but I think they've been going that way all year.

11 hours ago, SkinsFanMania said:

The Ravens and Harbaugh May be parting ways even if they do go the playoffs.  I’d go hard after him.

I'm not sure that I want Harbaugh without Ozzy.  Retirement or no, I'd go hard after both if Harbaugh becomes available.

On 12/16/2018 at 11:47 AM, Despy said:

I'm not sure that I want Harbaugh without Ozzy.  Retirement or no, I'd go hard after both if Harbaugh becomes available.

Ozzie will still be in the front office of the Ravens next season, even with Eric DeCosta as GM.  Harbaugh would be a huge get if the skins could land him.

On 12/16/2018 at 7:56 AM, Riggo-toni said:

The Browns have now won 4 of their last 5. Gregg Williams would have been a far better coach than ANYONE hired by Snyder not named Gibbs.

If Snyder had just took gibbs's advice we would have been better off. Gibbs lined Snyder out to hire Williams as his successor and instead Snyder just did as Snyder does and fired everybody.

Archived