Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who should be the next head coach for the Skins

ClaytoAli

5 minutes ago, dyst said:

This would be so cool if we were a good/winning team. Now it just kinda pisses me off. 

Yeah, it's about as far from what the fans want to see right now as you could get. In fairness, players probably had no idea about how these shots would be used, but I mean, come on ... 

Back in '83, we went to Dallas in combat fatigues for a game that would determine the division. Hardly recognize this game anymore...

13 hours ago, NickyJ said:

True for both, but I'm looking at more than just this year. Rodgers is having a bad year this year, but he's getting late into his career. They've had a decade of Rodgers, and 1 Super Bowl to show for it. With what Rodgers is able to do, it's criminal how he's been wasted. That goes on the GMs too, but I wouldn't let McCarthy off the hook either. I think McCarthy has behind the ball and Rodgers' magic has covered it up. A new team will either fix his being behind or expose it. I'm leaning towards exposed.

Good point!

13 hours ago, NickyJ said:

True for both, but I'm looking at more than just this year. Rodgers is having a bad year this year, but he's getting late into his career. They've had a decade of Rodgers, and 1 Super Bowl to show for it. With what Rodgers is able to do, it's criminal how he's been wasted. That goes on the GMs too, but I wouldn't let McCarthy off the hook either. I think McCarthy has behind the ball and Rodgers' magic has covered it up. A new team will either fix his being behind or expose it. I'm leaning towards exposed.

First, I am not interested in McCarthy but for different reasons. 

I believe the GMs have more responsibility here - especially their new GM. The list of great talent allowed to walk is astounding. They pretty much expected Rogers to just win every game by himself. For a few years their RB was a converted WR. I mean come on, you can't even get a true RB? Yea, Mike owns a bit of it - but I place more of the wasted talent on the GMs and FO that Mike. Guy has less tools every year since the SB and was expected to work miracles. Take Rogers off that team the last 6 yrs and they never have a winning season much less make the POs. If it turns out McCarthy had a big say in the personnel that would change my mind. But my understanding is he did not. 

I do not want Mike because I do not want another retread. No HC has ever won a SB on one team and gone to another as the HC and won another SB. There is a reason for that - people know what the guys do and that's likely why they were let go from their last job. I want someone new. I want to new GM who picks their own HC. 

However, it's just like Dan to promote someone within (which on it's own is not horrible if it's say Kyle Smith) then tell them their HC is McCarthy - or maybe Jeff Fisher - ugghh!! Or worse yet, keep Bruce and together they bring in McCarthy or some other retread. 

I know it's very unlikely Dan does this right this time - but a guy can dream can't he? 

14 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

I think the guy has gotten better as a head coach every year here. 

That's right, his playcalling and his time management have improved tenfold. Hey, at least his team wants to play for him even if they consistently disappear in primetime and with 2 weeks of preperation!

I am down for McCarthy as long as Gruden gets the axe. I personally thing Mccarthy is just a fatter Gruden that wasted Rodger's career. A coach who has the consensus best pure passing QB in NFL history with only 1 superbowl appearance (LMFAO) and has his team progressively gets worse year after year is not someone I think of as a competent HC. He will be a huge upgrade over Joke Gruden, but that is not saying much though.

McCarthy will be in demand. It was just a bad marriage with him and ARod. Happens. But if you actually watch the tape and not just take it on its face that Arod is the greatest ever, the guy is leaving a ton of plays on the field. He's flat-out overrated right now. Incredible throws every game -- but of the rest time he's bouncing around, not throwing on schedule. Andy Benoit wrote a great article where he pointed out how much McCarthy had changed his scheme and how Arod was just flat missing guys. 

There's no way McCarthy takes the Skins job. He'll sit out a year first. Why would you go somewhere with this owner, Bruce, and a disaster of a QB situation? 

Quoting the ridiculous video posted above:

I was waiting for Barry White to start breaking out that smooth voice. I mean what a ridiculous thing to make before the biggest game of the season. That video alone may have changed my mind about firing Gruden :)

2 minutes ago, Hooper said:

McCarthy will be in demand. It was just a bad marriage with him and ARod. Happens. But if you actually watch the tape and not just take it on its face that Arod is the greatest ever, the guy is leaving a ton of plays on the field.

There's no way McCarthy takes the Skins job. He'll sit out a year first. Why would you go somewhere with this owner, Bruce, and a disaster of a QB situation? 

He, like any other respectable coach will want to pick his own players. Just ask Parcells :)

9 minutes ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

McCarthy will replace Belicheck in 2020.

Hot take!

Pull a dirty move on Josh McDandiels after he pulled a dirty move on the Colts? Mmm yes, this sounds like an awesome TV series arc. New England Abbey.

Everybody looking for the next McVay. Give me the guy that oversees stopping McVay. Let that guy oversee the team/defense and promote a young up and coming offensive mind with inoovative ideas to completely oversee the offense.

I don't mind Gruden. I think he's a pretty HC and has fared pretty well here all things considering. But I want a little more fire out of the head guy. He just seems so nonchalant sometimes and the team's play reflects that in the most important of games. Tonight is pretty damn big.

Not familiar with a lot of candidates out there but I would say the name Kirby Smart definitely intrigues me.

@SemperFi SkinsLOL just posted and then saw the picture you posted. Agreed.

gettyimages-969378548-1024x1024.jpg.5ae9b36d0561cb7b5e5ec1179b03556f.jpg

A special teams coordinator — in and of itself — actually provides unique training to run a team. They have to deal with more players and personalities than any other assistant. And because of the constant roster churn, they have to regularly coordinate with the position coaches and deal the pro personnel department on moving parts. 

Nobody worth his salt is gonna take this job (nor should he) as long as George's son is still in the building. Poison ivy. And if we do move on from Gruden, the new HC has to insist on bringing in completely new people for his staff. No more holdovers from previous regimes. None! It's clear what happens when that's the case in Ashburn. Clean slate.

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Woah there...i said the same thing last week and somehow got told that i needed To “learn” something 😂😂

I don't believe Saban will leave Bama any time soon... just my opinion.  If we could get him, i'd be all for it. 

I also mentioned Kirby Smart but that would likely have to wait until after next season because I don't see him leaving Georgia with Fromm going into his Junior season and Georgia being one of maybe 3 teams in the country that has a chance to knock Alabama off for the NCAA Championship next season (with Fromm at QB).  

4 hours ago, ClaytoAli said:

Hell to the No

3 hours ago, Peregrine said:

Todd Walsh.  It should be Todd Walsh, and hiring anyone else is just a waste of time.

The guy has taken Jacksonville's D from a laughingstock to tops in the NFL for multiple years.  

No. That was Gus’ Defense. 

Having played for Todd and Gus, I would say no to Todd. Not HC personality. 

Edit:  it’s Wash. Not Walsh. 

Archived