Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: Redskins at the Dallas Clap On Clap Off The Clapper

TK

Swearinger just went off on in his interview.

It staggers me to hear that we basically did not practice for this game and just did a piddling walkthrough.

Swearinger is right. You get ready every day. You don't say, well, it's a short week, so we'll just roll with last week's work.

No wonder so many on this team didn't look ready. :(

1 minute ago, SkinsGuy said:

Swearinger just went off on in his interview.

It staggers me to hear that we basically did not practice for this game and just did a piddling walkthrough.

Swearinger is right. You get ready every day. You don't say, well, it's a short week, so we'll just roll with last week's work.

No wonder so many on this team didn't look ready. :(

Camp Jay.

We’ve been hearing about lack of preparation and attention to detail for years.  It’s not new.  

Jay sucks as a head coach.

6 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Meh, you hear that from Swearinger everytime we don't win. "Oh, we just didn't practice."

You need to practice to be able to make a simple open field tackle? Where was his sorry ass when Cooper was roasting our secondary?

you did notice that the reason they failed to get Cooper was they tried to strip the ball?

5 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

As optimistic as I stay about things, I'm starting to believe you're right.

Here’s what I would do

1. Fire Bruce and promote Doug to President of football ops.

2. Promote Kyle Smith to Gm

3. Fire Jay. 

4. Hire a HC who is high energy, shows that they have attention to detail and a plan for preparation. 

The oersonnel side side has been getting better. No need to blow up the entire team.  There is talent, it’s not being maximized and not being built on.  

1 hour ago, MediocreGymnast said:

how many teams got tagged with Cap Gate.  Then how many teams traded 3 1sts for RG3 who was rushed back too soon.  How many teams luck into a starting QB and then decide that they shouldn't even negotiate during early low numbers, a qb who never missed a game.  Then how many teams sign a 34 year old QB to a long contract that saved something like 2% over what the homegrown QB wanted after captian coors pronounce his name.

And many teams would keep around the person most responsible for this nonsense?

12 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Camp Jay.

We’ve been hearing about lack of preparation and attention to detail for years.  It’s not new.  

Who hasn’t sucked as a head coach under the Synder era?   Even Gibbs was a pale version of his younger self.

Until we get a competent front office it won’t matter who the head coach is.  The future remains bleak for this franchise unless there are drastic changes.

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

Here’s what I would do

3. Fire Jay. 

4. Hire a HC who is high energy, shows that they have attention to detail and a plan for preparation. 

The oersonnel side side has been getting better. No need to blow up the entire team.  There is talent, it’s not being maximized and not being built on.  

I don't even know if Doug is the right guy to be honest. But I do know Bruce is not. The Alex Smith trade and contract was the last effing straw. Get that dummy as far away from the Redskins as possible. 

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

The league did not call runs for 0 yards on 80% of first downs. 

The league didnt decide to punt from the 36 on 4th and 6.

The league didn’t consistently call stupid blitzes with soft coverage behind them.

The league didn’t throw 3 INTs.

The league isn’t responsible for Jay Gruden being out-coached by Jason Garrett.

We have been the victims of a few bad calls.  Sure.  We’ve been the beneficiary of a few through the season as well.  Other teams have been screwed with calls.  The packers had a few of those phantom running rpughing the passer penalties which cost them games also. 

The reason we lose is lack of attention to detail, the absolute worst play caller in the league, a bottom 1/3 DC, and to a lesser extent some key injuries.

If we did things well, played smart football, then I’d care about bad calls.  

But we don’t.  So I don’t.  

Not to mention the league does not consistently mismanage of the clock. The lack of urgency on the last drive we had was mind boggling. 

Yeah. I'm sure it was mentioned numerous times here when it happened, but I was still busy listening to my sister in law's incredible insights into the downside of modern technology, as i kept an eye on the game. When we were in "hurry up" mode, and were gifted a mini-timeout with an injury to a Dallas defender (can't remember who it was), we were still not ready to snap at the start of the clock. Not even close. I'm pretty sure there are like 30 other functional NFL offenses that are ready in that position. It's basic. The hurry up offense of this team has been pathetic for a long time. Clock management too. Just game management and awareness, in general. It never improves. For every time they operate in critical situations efficiently, they don't do it numerous other times. Seems like a good indicator of overall competence.

45 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Camp Jay.

How many of us are just so tired of seeing JG with that dumbass "what happened" look on his face? The Cowboys have literally 2 offensive playmakers and we let them both beat us today...

I get that Colt was bad...but, 2nd and 2 inside the Dallas 25 and we can't get a 1st down? Shame on JG...he is not a good head coach and we need to move on. I really wonder what made him so qualified to be a head coach in the 1st place. He's off the Marvin FREAKIN Lewis tree for crying out loud.

9 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

I really wonder what made him so qualified to be a head coach in the 1st place. He's off the Marvin FREAKIN Lewis tree for crying out loud.

He is friendly with Brice through Jon.  

The Grudens and Allens have been screwing up football operations going back decades

47 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Here’s what I would do

3. Fire Jay. 

Who would come here though? 

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

He is friendly with Brice through Jon.  

The Grudens and Allens have been screwing up football operations going back decades

I look at the Bears and wonder why we can't fix things that quickly? So much of this is the coaching...we have the personnel up front to be good on defense....its our head coach who is the problem....we were very fortunate to hold on and beat Dallas the first game this season despite Jay and his conservative coaching...

when are people going to realize that the game manager is the reason why were 6-4 vs colt the gunslinger.  This team cant afford to give up the ball 2-3 times a game.  Alex did not turnover the ball and we waited for other teams to make turnovers. Gibbs 2.0 was like that and it got us 2 playoff appearances. It's a good recipe  in the nfl now but it wont win u a superbowl, but it almost did in 05

Just now, skinfan2k said:

when are people going to realize that the game manager is the reason why were 6-4 vs colt the gunslinger.  This team cant afford to give up the ball 2-3 times a game.  Alex did not turnover the ball and we waited for other teams to make turnovers. Gibbs 2.0 was like that and it got us 2 playoff appearances. It's a good recipe  in the nfl now but it wont win u a superbowl, but it almost did in 05

Not a bad point...

Archived