Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: Redskins at the Dallas Clap On Clap Off The Clapper

TK

3 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

when are people going to realize that the game manager is the reason why were 6-4 vs colt the gunslinger.  This team cant afford to give up the ball 2-3 times a game.  Alex did not turnover the ball and we waited for other teams to make turnovers. Gibbs 2.0 was like that and it got us 2 playoff appearances. It's a good recipe  in the nfl now but it wont win u a superbowl, but it almost did in 05

I kind of feel like Colt is capable of managing the game better than he did tonight. We just need to game plan and call plays for that. Maybe 11 days and a bunch of reps will help. Though he might get a veterans day off. 

5 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

when are people going to realize that the game manager is the reason why were 6-4 vs colt the gunslinger.  This team cant afford to give up the ball 2-3 times a game.  Alex did not turnover the ball and we waited for other teams to make turnovers. Gibbs 2.0 was like that and it got us 2 playoff appearances. It's a good recipe  in the nfl now but it wont win u a superbowl, but it almost did in 05

Replace "the" with "a" and I'll agree with ya.. Still no way to justify paying that kind of money for a game manager though.. Not that it matters now. 

6 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

Don’t be foolish Adrian Peterson is the main reason we were 6-4 without him we prob have half the wins we had...

1 minute ago, skinsfan35yrs. said:

The only positive thing i saw in this game was that Doctson has really improved his receiving. And that is the only thing i can say. Oh and hats off to Tress, always a solid from him. 

Tress had a bad punt today but he is our MVP fasho. Dachsund has improved and Settle looked good out the in relief of Matt I.

4 minutes ago, skinsfan35yrs. said:

The only positive thing i saw in this game was that Doctson has really improved his receiving. And that is the only thing i can say. Oh and hats off to Tress, always a solid from him. 

He's improved because he's getting target to showcase.  Hard to improve with 2-3 targets a game. 

1 minute ago, skinfan2k said:

When we run the ball more than we threw, we keep the defense healthy and fresh.  This defense like any defense is trash when they are on the field. 

I wasn’t mad they tried to throw the ball.  I was mad Jay continued to run the ball out of the same formations on first down through much of the game.

Ans continues to be unsuccessful at it.

Sadly, I think he’s going to double down on it next week in Philly.  

Dude just can’t call a good game.  He calls plays.  Not games.

2 minutes ago, ddub52 said:

I hear Condoleezza Rice is available. 

She’d probably be a better play caller...

6 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Just about anybody.  There are 32 NFL head coaching jobs.  If you’re offered one, you take.

Tier 1 candidates - the hot coordinators in demand - wouldn’t come here knowing what a mess the front office is.  We’d get a tier 2 candidate.  A Jim Zorn or a Jay Gruden. The skins have been spurned by the better candidates in the past and not much has changed. 

Im closer to realizing and coming to to terms with the fact that we will suck for as long as Snyder owns the team plain and simple not once have we built off a winning season and the front office is in the business of selling tickets as opposed to winning games. We are the only team that trades for 34 year old qbs to be franchise players, fool me once fool me twice fooled me again 3 times....maybe next time I’ll actually believe reality..... 

18 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Just about anybody.  There are 32 NFL head coaching jobs.  If you’re offered one, you take.

Plus, if Kyle Smith is the one making the choice (hypothetically), he has a wunderkind rep and network through his father. Who was an asshole but a respected one. I wouldn't trust Doug Williams to lead a coaching search anymore than I did Allen. 

You can’t turn the ball over 3 times on the road and expect to win. You just can’t. Yes there were terrible calls against us, but Colt has to take care of the ball a little better than he did today. The Oline today was getting plowed. 0 in the run game. We shoulda prob stuck with the run a little more.  It was his first game in 4 years, so I’ll give CM a break. He’s a gamer. 

The Tackling today was just atrocious especially on the back end.

We just gotta keep fighting. We are tied for first in our division, there are 5 games left to play. I friggen hate the cowturds so bad..SMH.. Regroup, heal up, get Colt some, (a bunch), of run in Practice. Come out and Get a division win.

1 hour ago, Csup said:

Tier 1 candidates - the hot coordinators in demand - wouldn’t come here knowing what a mess the front office is.  We’d get a tier 2 candidate.  A Jim Zorn or a Jay Gruden. The skins have been spurned by the better candidates in the past and not much has changed. 

Front office would be new.  

Bruce being gone would be helpful.

Pass defense fell asleep big time today. How you let Cooper get by twice is insane.  Once the DB falls down, but then he gets by THREE guys.  OMG!  That's pathetic.  Severe lack of communication to let that happen.  Who cares about the refs.  You fail to execute like that, you deserve to lose.  

Archived