Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: Redskins at the Dallas Clap On Clap Off The Clapper

TK

1 minute ago, bakedtater1 said:

Well like a few mentioned..the leauge does not want us in it..

The league did not call runs for 0 yards on 80% of first downs. 

The league didnt decide to punt from the 36 on 4th and 6.

The league didn’t consistently call stupid blitzes with soft coverage behind them.

The league didn’t throw 3 INTs.

The league isn’t responsible for Jay Gruden being out-coached by Jason Garrett.

We have been the victims of a few bad calls.  Sure.  We’ve been the beneficiary of a few through the season as well.  Other teams have been screwed with calls.  The packers had a few of those phantom running rpughing the passer penalties which cost them games also. 

The reason we lose is lack of attention to detail, the absolute worst play caller in the league, a bottom 1/3 DC, and to a lesser extent some key injuries.

If we did things well, played smart football, then I’d care about bad calls.  

But we don’t.  So I don’t.  

5 minutes ago, Mr_ Skinshead said:

Maybe he's healthy and simply sucks.

Seriously. I don't know why people were talking up Dunbar like he was Patrick Peterson. He's an average Converted WR who can contain other average wide receivers but isn't anywhere close to good enough to contain real

talent.

2 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Seriously. I don't know why people were talking up Dunbar like he was Patrick Peterson. He's an average Converted WR who can contain other average wide receivers but isn't anywhere close to good enough to contain real

talent.

Yes exactly.  And we had him covering their best WR a lot today.  Dunbar is a respectable third CB

10 minutes ago, benskins26 said:

The worst part is that they’ll inexplicably win 2 more games and lose the division by one game to the cowboys, miring them in mediocrity for the 5th year of the gruden era. Mediocrity is the worst place to be in sports. 

ask fans of teams who aspire to medicrity for years about that

6 minutes ago, BigDibbs31 said:

Yea and they didnt throw a flag for Zeke pulling money out which is obviously a prop

No flag on Zeke for the money

No flag on clear facemask on McCoy

No flag on hands to the head on McCoy

No flag on clear PI on Harris INT

No flag on Reed getting crushed in the head

About 75 yards worth of penalties missed right there

not to mention that one of them would have negated an INT. The face mask would have pushed us into Dallas territory. The other would have given us a chance to score a TD at the end. Plenty of reasons to be upset about the Redskins play. Doesn't mean I cant complain about awful officiating in back to back games. 

11 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Yes..I'm.serious..adobted him and his sister Dakota..

That is awesome, my favorite player from this last draft was Dallas Godert... And I liked him so much because he was from my home state of South Dakota.  It was sad that he went to Philly, but now whenever an Eagles fan says "F*** Dallas" I can respond with "Hey, I think he is going to be awesome for you".  For some reason, I find that satisfying... Especially when they make the effort to clarify their statement.

Just now, carex said:

cause that's normal

I guess because of the short week--so no time for a practice? Seems weird. I guess he was just really confident in him to carry out, what I thought, was a fairly aggressive play calling, especially if that was the case. They weren't doing anything on the ground though, so I suppose it might have been damned if you do, damned if you don't. Very frustrating. That was a very winnable game, until that dump off interception. Hopefully 10 days to prepare will help. MNF against the eagles seems um,...less than ideal, but that's Colt and Jay's shot to make it work. I can't see us losing and not being done.

3 minutes ago, SoulSkin said:

I guess because of the short week--so no time for a practice? Seems weird. I guess he was just really confident in him to carry out, what I thought, was a fairly aggressive play calling, especially if that was the case. They weren't doing anything on the ground though, so I suppose it might have been damned if you do, damned if you don't. Very frustrating. That was a very winnable game, until that dump off interception. Hopefully 10 days to prepare will help. MNF against the eagles seems um,...less than ideal, but that's Colt and Jay's shot to make it work. I can't see us losing and not being done.

I'm pretty sure he'd have meant up to now.

Blaming the refs for this game is stupid. Were there some missed calls? Sure. But the refs aren't the ones who missed tackles on Cooper or threw picks or...the list goes on and on.

This team just lacks talent in critical areas and has injuries in other critical areas. The only functional unit is the DL. Can't win that way in this league.

We'll finish 8-8. I think we beat the Giants and the Eagles in the finale.

7 minutes ago, bh32 said:

This team just dosen't have much talent or speed..They need to blow up the team and get rid of the high priced veterans..A true rebuild is needed and has been for a long time

we really don't have that many

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Blaming the refs for this game is stupid. Were there some missed calls? Sure. But the refs aren't the ones who missed tackles on Cooper or threw picks or...the list goes on and on.

This team just lacks talent in critical areas and has injuries in other critical areas. The only functional unit is the DL. Can't win that way in this league.

We'll finish 8-8. I think we beat the Giants and the Eagles in the finale.

there was holding on the 90 yard TD.  The missed tackles wouldn't have mattered. 

9 minutes ago, carex said:

I'm pretty sure he'd have meant up to now.

That's not how I interpreted Jay's comments in the presser, but maybe you're right. I'm guessing they at least had some no-pads style walkthroughs this week. 

ETA: and I just heard a reporter ask Colt about not having a chance to practice, but being able to go through walkthroughs, so that answers that.

54 minutes ago, SMURFS0086 said:

We lost but that was about the worst ref called game in history.

Actually among the worst called games ever was another Skins-Cowboys game in late 97 or 98 I think.  Culminated with about as blatant a PI in the end zone I have ever seen that was not called.  Anyone remember that game?

Archived