Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins about to sign Captain Buttfumble

Riggo-toni

11 hours ago, SoulSkin said:

--Edited because I remembered the phrase I originally typed is actually the name of a port-a-potty company. Sorry John.

Actually, "Butt Fumble" is not a bad name for a port-a-potty company.  Butt Fumble Port-a-Potties.  Or Tinkle Touchdown Port-a-Potties. 

Either way.

29 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Does this really matter? Once you are on your 3rd QB of the season, aren't you already pretty much screwed? 

I know that this is close to zero in terms of it ever happening again, but AJ Feeley came in for the Eagles in 2002 and did enough to close the season out with a 4-1 team record.  The Texans did it in 2011 with TJ Yates too.  

13 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Funny thing is there is this talkative female redskin fan on twitter, who weeks and weeks ago, long before this game happened, made this random tweet :

Colt McCoy >>>> Dak Prescott

If she really believes that, Im pretty sure there is some alcohol or drug use involved.

22 hours ago, ddub52 said:

I specifically said the last season he played. Don’t believe me, look up the numbers. He also took Smith’s place when he got injured and Harbaugh went with the hot hand. Kap is finished and he’s never coming to DC, so you might as well drop the pointless convo.

His 2016 numbers aren't that bad: 16 TDs, 4INTs, QBR 90.7.  Pretty equal to his SB year.  The team was crap though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colin_Kaepernick#Regular_season

15 hours ago, RFK Lives said:

And we had a playoff run with Todd Collins.  It can happen.

Oh, context, you were referring to 3rd string...my bad.  Good examples, again, we can win this division.

It's not like we had chiefs,  saints and Rams remaining on the schedule. 

Colt can lead us fine with what's left to play. Jags, titans with an injured mariota, Giants and Eagles... 

He can probably make it 4-2.

Two things:

1. Any team looking for an emergency back up would be morons to sign Kap. It's not his fault, but his presence would create a total media circus. If we signed him Monday, every national news outlet would have descended and he would be the top (or maybe the ONLY) story surrounding the game and it would all be about whether or not he would kneel or stand Thursday. Setting aside any personal feelings on the actual matter, I'd say it's a terrible football decision because of the distraction it would create. All of that for an emergency QB? No thanks. If a team REALLY wants him to be a back up, they should sign him in the off season and then a lot of the hoopla will get out of the way over the summer. 

2. I've always felt bad Sanchez. He was essentially an average to slightly below average starting QB in the NFL. As a top pick he was definitely a big disappointment, but I wouldn't even go so far as to call him a "bust." I mean, it's not like the Jets have gone to two AFC Championship Games with a bunch of other QBs. In that regard, he was the QB for two of their best seasons over the past 40+ years. Even before Butt Fumble he seemed to take more heat than your average under-performing QB and I could never quite figure out why. Something about him seemed to lend itself to him being the butt (no pun intended) of the joke. By the time Butt Fumble happened, he was already on the outs with the Jets. That play just put a giant bow on his tenure there-- even though I think it's a but unfair as I wouldn't say he was a disaster for the Jets or anything like that. Obviously Butt Fumble is his lasting image. I partly wonder if he keeps playing so he can maybe get one last chance to get out there and leave some sort of alternate memory. 

On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 11:54 AM, DJHJR86 said:

I know that this is close to zero in terms of it ever happening again, but AJ Feeley came in for the Eagles in 2002 and did enough to close the season out with a 4-1 team record.  The Texans did it in 2011 with TJ Yates too.  

Not sure what the value of this response is. My point was and is, people ****ing and complaining about them bringing in Sanchez as opposed to some other loser still not playing for anyone is wasted energy. If the team has to rely on any of the journeyman losers we are pretty much screwed.

On 11/22/2018 at 5:53 AM, goskins10 said:

Not sure what the value of this response is. My point was and is, people ****ing and complaining about them bringing in Sanchez as opposed to some other loser still not playing for anyone is wasted energy. If the team has to rely on any of the journeyman losers we are pretty much screwed.

Do you take every reply to your posts personally or something?  

This is a discussion board, and I was saying that the odds are slim to none that if it comes down to butt fumble we will be done but that there are exceptions to that rule.  And Sanchez himself kept the Eagles at .500 back in 2014.  

1 minute ago, DJHJR86 said:

Do you take every reply to your posts personally or something?  

This is a discussion board, and I was saying that the odds are slim to none that if it comes down to butt fumble we will be done but that there are exceptions to that rule.  And Sanchez himself kept the Eagles at .500 back in 2014.  

No, did not take it personal. Are you taking my response personal? Seems you may be. There are always exceptions to every rule. My point was that I believe there is no value in pointing it out. We are all pretty knowledgeable football fans (and that includes you). It's not like no one knows. 

Back to the main topic - People seemed outraged that the team signed Sanchez vs. their QB preference. My point was and is, it's really is not the important. If we get to our 3rd QB we are pretty much screwed. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Did anyone notice on a play with about 1:16 left in the first half, Sanchez fumbled, and recovered his own fumble.

But I don't know if anyone notice that the ball literally ended up under his butt when he was on the ground, while he

reached his hands under his butt to secure it

:806:   hey, whatever it takes

Sanchez was playing behind a broken offensive line with 1.5 weeks of experience with the team.  He checked down on 90% of his throws.  I don't put much blame on him.  Plus we had tons of penalties the second half that killed any momentum we may have had.  That being said he is not a good QB and I don't see us winning anything with him under center.  I see us going 1-3 the rest of the way.  Next week at home vs. the Giants is the only one I see us having a chance.

Archived