Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Redskins VS Houston Oilers

TK

4 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Before we get too high on Colt McCoy, lets not forget there was once upon a time a lot of people wanted him to start over Cousins in the waning days of Shanahan.

There is a reason he has survived with his job in tact as a backup.

Watching McCoy right now one thing is clear, he has been in this offense longer than Alex. He is more confident with where the ball should be going, he is getting the ball out quicker and with more command.  These are all attributes that Smith could eventually improve on as he gets more comfortable in the offense (after that injury though, who knows what the future holds).  With all that said, there is a reason  McCoy is a career backup.  If he is needed to play an extended amount of games, which now looks like the reality, his limitations will start showing.  Think a different version of Fitzpatrick 

Smiths injury may be career ending. It is bad and he isn’t 24

Linebackers are a  liability when they have to run sideline to sideline.  They are always late.  They give up so many extra yards on outside runs where the D-lineman will actually make a move to push the RB outside of his original running lane, but they just bounce outside around them and there is never a linebacker there.

idk if we hold but whatever the outcome of this game, we fought. and I love that. Defense has 3 take-aways and Colt and the offense got us back in the game to take the lead. 

a lot of us said it was over when we were down (me included) and it was without question when Alex went out, but we played with heart today and clawed back. win or lose I like and im on the Colt train to see where he takes us.

Archived