Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What's the most fun you've had lately?

Spaceman Spiff

4 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

It was technically work, but I got to visit Johnson Space Center in October and met with current and former astronauts. Also got a private tour of JSC. 

Our space program is a national treasure.

My dad's project is a standing profile in the Smithsonian. I walked up on it, read the plaque, and cried with happiness. I was with my husband, who never believed my father was a trailblazer. 

HE WAS.

Not much.. i work local news and the election had me working many hours in the last month. When work is that busy, i look for things o turn my brain off in the off hours.. this year a few jigsaw puzzles have given me peace in the evenings.

I play pickleball 2 or 3 times a week, and i really enjoy that. Fun and fast. Helps me continue to lose weight, which has really been fun since it has actually come off.. (I resolved 30 pounds back in January.. i have dropped 25, but i am sort of stuck there. those last few inches are going to be stubborn.)

And i do my podcast each week and get to cut loose a bit and act like a fool, and that is usually very therapeutic. 

I hibernate in winter. 

~Bang

Been saving for this trip to Paris and this ring. I really cant afford fun and all that at the same time (I'm a clown, I like to spend money more than save it, so I have to cut the faucet ALL THE WAY off to save anything). 

But I did have a game/beer/debauchery night with the fellas last weekend which is always fun. 

I am very much looking forward to this Thanksgiving with the GFs folks though. Her brothers are big **** talkers and her dad is a card shark so I'm hoping to get win #3 out if 57 this trip. And ima talk maaaaaaaad trash if I do lol

1 hour ago, skinsmarydu said:

I know, my fun has become watching the demise of my country.

Step daughter caught a burr up her ass when she was denied 3 grand. That's my happiness...**** can figure her own **** out.  

Oh schadenfreude, yeah I do that.....

29 minutes ago, Bang said:

And i do my podcast each week and get to cut loose a bit and act like a fool, and that is usually very therapeutic. 

I hibernate in winter. 

~Bang

Talking about fun... Bang, I do miss your cartoons.  There's a whole "generation" of ES'ers who have never gotten to experience a Bang cartoon premiere. 

Have you  ever considered doing more? They must be crazy time-consuming to do.

43 minutes ago, Bang said:

Helps me continue to lose weight, which has really been fun since it has actually come off.. (I resolved 30 pounds back in January.. i have dropped 25, but i am sort of stuck there. those last few inches are going to be stubborn.)

Ahhhhh that's where you effed up, you should have resolved to lose 40, then that first 30 would have melted away.....

This thread made me ask myself when I last had honest-to-goodness actual fun, and I realized the closest thing was my working vaction in August when I spent the whole week belt sanding 90 years of cracking paint layer upon cracking paint layer off off the ceiling and posts of my porch, caulking gaps up in the beadboard (?) on the ceiling, priming and painting everything, and replacing some of the screen. I did actually enjoy the whole process though, and hanging out on the porch is much nicer after doing it. My vacation in October, I "had fun" making some concrete stepping stones and pavers, but mostly just chilled out. The older I get, the more I view chunks of time to work around my very old house as relaxing and fun, rather than trying to squeeze it in on nights and weekends. What has happened to me?

1 hour ago, Dan T. said:

Talking about fun... Bang, I do miss your cartoons.  There's a whole "generation" of ES'ers who have never gotten to experience a Bang cartoon premiere. 

Have you  ever considered doing more? They must be crazy time-consuming to do.

I would love to do them some more...  i just don't have time

i used to pump them out in 3 or 4 days,, and work at the same time.. which was usually about 16 to 17 hour days during football season.. i just can't do that anymore. There is a ton of funny in the NFL all the time, and we try to give the podcast a 'cartoon' feel to it.

for those who never listened, it's not about analysis or stats or takes on the game.. it's about calling Jerry Jones while he's tripping on mescaline and flying his helicopter, or having God pop into the studio. (Last week he threatened to strike us both dead for using the words "Bill Bellichick" and "fair play" in the same sentence.) ben roethlisberger reads his own nursery rhymes every once in a while... we call Jeff Fisher to ask him how to screw up teams, fun stuff.
(When i say 'we call them"...  we call me, and i make fun of their voices... when folks ask me what i do for fun, it's impossible to explain there's about 50 characters who live in my head cracking jokes all day.)

If you want a taste.. listen to the first 30 seconds of the latest episode. with a little nod to The Death of Mary, Queen of Scots.

http://bangradiohour.com/bang-radio-hour-339-on-the-horn/

I also write a predictions article every week for BellyUpSports, one of the networks the podcast is on., filled with ridiculous jokes and absurd bull****. That can be fun. Here is last week. https://bellyupsports.com/2018/11/bang-radio-hour-picks-predicts-week-10/

Maybe one day i can retire and do some more cartoons.. the ones i see out there now are OK, but the humor.. i don't know.. not up to snuff.

~Bang

13 hours ago, HOF44 said:

Had some friends over for a bourbon tasting a couple weeks ago. It was a blast!! Our very own Skinsfan1311 was even in attendance. 

BA710BAB-E55D-4444-9E8C-C6B88CCF26B8.jpeg

E15E03FB-83D1-424C-927F-BA22990AA5BD.jpeg

Then last weekend a friend from SC came into town and more whiskey debauchery issued. We went to DC and visited Chaplin’s, The POP Up Bar and Chicken and Whiskey. Finishing the night off at Jumbo Slice. 

A80C44D3-A8B6-4A3F-8533-D9AFE60EA2FE.jpeg

5C6B4462-5DEE-4712-B16C-9836282BEA61.jpeg

CB580579-3A28-4AF2-8270-276C1080F466.jpeg

3A893443-61A0-49FA-9C7A-E196C3DF3242.jpeg

The bourbon tasting was a very, very good time! It was a treat to do blind tastings, and sip rare bourbon. HOF44 is the host with the most! 

20181019_214528.jpg

Damn. Makes me sad to have to struggle to think what the most fun I've had recently.

Last real fun was seeing Radiohead this past summer and also going out to a nice dinner with our favorite couple friends from my birthday.

I've been beating up Civ 5 this past week. That was fun. Watched my two older kids play soccer and do pretty well this past season. Penn State-Ohio State game this year (on TV) was fun despite the loss. Need more good times in my life.

4 minutes ago, CrypticVillain said:

Me and my wife at the beach on our Honeymoon. Wasn't that many people there... ?

Yawl nasty.  :headbang:B)

The homies took me out over the weekend.  I hadn't been in the streets in like three months because we have a newborn baby at home.  We went to see my friend's electronica band at some hole in the wall joint in east Denver.  The edibles kicked in shortly after we arrived and I tore it the **** down.  I'm talking sweat dripping from my forehead, swamp ass, major freaking.  It was good to hang with my buds I hadn't seen in a while and show them baby pics and all that. 

I also hung out with Willie Nelson last week, a truly life-changing experience.  By far the craziest experience I've ever had in my life.  Not sure if it was "fun" or a sign that god exists, but it was all wild. 

1 hour ago, Chew said:

Yawl nasty.  :headbang:B)

The homies took me out over the weekend.  I hadn't been in the streets in like three months because we have a newborn baby at home.  We went to see my friend's electronica band at some hole in the wall joint in east Denver.  The edibles kicked in shortly after we arrived and I tore it the **** down.  I'm talking sweat dripping from my forehead, swamp ass, major freaking.  It was good to hang with my buds I hadn't seen in a while and show them baby pics and all that. 

I also hung out with Willie Nelson last week, a truly life-changing experience.  By far the craziest experience I've ever had in my life.  Not sure if it was "fun" or a sign that god exists, but it was all wild. 

Where did you meet Willie?

Archived