Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Texans Prediction Thread: Pessimistically Optimistic?

skins island connection

Who wins ?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this defensive showdown ?

10 hours ago, zskins said:

If that happens and Colt comes in and lights up, I could see couple of threads going up on Colt and the mods then merging them together to call it The Cult of Colt... :rofl89:

Of just bump the old one....................................even if it was for a different dude! :drooley:

Because it's the Cult...............of Colt!

there is absolutely nothing about our team that would make me think we can beat the Texans

They have a very good DLine and they will be going against our patched up OL.  Yes they played ok against Tampa but the Texans are much better

They have a mobile QB and we saw what happened with Fits on Sunday.  Lets hope we can contain the run and the QB

We have the WORSE offense throwing the ball when behind in a game.  Anyone in here is comfortable with Smith throwing, behind our patched up line, against that DLine if we need to throw the ball?  I am not.

So, in a perfect world where we have +3 or more in the turnover battle then maybe we have a chance.   Otherwise we are going down by at least two TDs.

8 minutes ago, TheGreek1973 said:

there is absolutely nothing about our team that would make me think we can beat the Texans

They have a very good DLine and they will be going against our patched up OL.  Yes they played ok against Tampa but the Texans are much better

They have a mobile QB and we saw what happened with Fits on Sunday.  Lets hope we can contain the run and the QB

We have the WORSE offense throwing the ball when behind in a game.  Anyone in here is comfortable with Smith throwing, behind our patched up line, against that DLine if we need to throw the ball?  I am not.

So, in a perfect world where we have +3 or more in the turnover battle then maybe we have a chance.   Otherwise we are going down by at least two TDs.

yeah in all truthfulness I smell a blowout brewing.

This site will be in 110% meltdown mode if we get blown out on Sunday and dalles wins on Thanksgiving.

20 minutes ago, jbird said:

yeah in all truthfulness I smell a blowout brewing.

This site will be in 110% meltdown mode if we get blown out on Sunday and dalles wins on Thanksgiving.

The site is in meltdown mode if someone drops a pass....

To keep it OT, the good guys wins, 24-17

Pukes at ATL) and Iggles (at NO) both lose this week.

No way in hell the universe lets the Redskins take a clear 3-game lead over them in the division with 6 to play.

24-10 Texans

But at least the fans know it ain't cool to boo when Hopkins burns Norman for 2 scores.

8 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

'Skins game plan better involve a lot of 3 step drop and out quick passes.  More screens & slants.  

3 steps will be a close call if Watt gets on a tear.

Does anyone know how well/poor Smith is in shotgun? I'm thinking this will be the best place for him all game; at least he can get a better look at whats coming at him and get rid of the ball if needed [ when needed ]. They're gonna bring pressure, that's what they do, and I expect to see them crowding the line a lot. IF somehow AP manages to break through, he'd have some humongous chunks of yardage.

The Texans are in my area, so I see all of their games, and I'm not trying to hype them up, they ARE very good on the d-line.

20 hours ago, DJD2 said:

Pukes at ATL) and Iggles (at NO) both lose this week.

No way in hell the universe lets the Redskins take a clear 3-game lead over them in the division with 6 to play.

This is where I'm at...I just can't see a scenario where my team has a 3-game division lead heading into Thanksgiving. Hell, the 1991 team only had a 4 game lead heading into Thanksgiving and they were 11-1!!

I see something closer to the Colts game than the two blowouts we've had. I think the D will play OK, they just won't dominate. But, like the Colts game, I think our O will have all sorts of issues scoring points. My guess...

Texans 27

Redskins 13

This could be a bad week for the NFC East overall.

Dallas plays Atlanta

Philly plays New Orleans.

That said, I would say out of the three, the 'Skins beating the Texans is the most probable to predict to happen.

Of course it is Wednesday and I saw a tweet that said the following are not practicing currently:  Dunbar, Crowder, Thompson, McCoy.....while Nseke is working with coaches on the side.

So another game where at least 3 pivotal players might not play and Nseke if he does play, will likely be playing hurt.

27 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

This could be a bad week for the NFC East overall.

Dallas plays Atlanta

Philly plays New Orleans.

That said, I would say out of the three, the 'Skins beating the Texans is the most probable to predict to happen.

Of course it is Wednesday and I saw a tweet that said the following are not practicing currently:  Dunbar, Crowder, Thompson, McCoy.....while Nseke is working with coaches on the side.

So another game where at least 3 pivotal players might not play and Nseke if he does play, will likely be playing hurt.

I think Dallas over Atlanta is equally likely. I think they are actually more closely matched than we are with Houston. Granted, they are in Atlanta while we are at home. 

Brees, Ryan, Luck > Pickspatrick.    The Texans game may come down to how well Watson plays. 

A lot of us were worried because Tampa was putting a lot of points on the board, but RF is more of a "rely on the playmakers" kind of QB, so the defense, while giving up a lot of yards, wasn't giving up the actual scoring.

I've had a chance to watch the Texans a few times this year and while I think they are good I don't think they are as good as the hype.

They're very similar to us, both teams are good against the run and both are just ok against the pass.  Both have solid rushing attacks but the Texans are a better passing team than us (who isn't).

I think we have a solid shot at winning as long as we get Crowder or CT back.

Its gonna be interesting to see what the crowd looks like, if they show up the team cant lay another egg, if your gonna talk smack you better go out and play well.

Redskins - 24

Texans - 20

I hate this matchup but for some reason am kinda optimistic. I just feel like the Texans are due to lose, I mean they're good but 7 wins in a row good? They're coming off a bye, but that's more likely to hurt then help in this case, could come off rusty.

20-16 Redskins. D holds Watson late.

I just can’t see how we score more than a few points on this defense...even if our defense plays to it’s potential the Texans are gonna find the end zone at least once and that maybe all it takes. 

I dont think they blow us out but, we have shown we don’t put up, and we can’t play from behind. 

Redskins: 12 (all field goals) 

Texans: 14 

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

I hate this matchup but for some reason am kinda optimistic. I just feel like the Texans are due to lose, I mean they're good but 7 wins in a row good? They're coming off a bye, but that's more likely to hurt then help in this case, could come off rusty.

20-16 Redskins. D holds Watson late.

And they have some players with some lingering injuries coming off that bye week..

Archived