Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - NFC East FIRST PLACE Redskins VS Atlanta Fried Chickens

TK

18 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I wonder, does winning the division make us a pretender, or a division winner?

I think it would make us a contender/winner in a weak division and a pretender in the rest of the NFL most likely. Because IMO if we get into the playoffs by squeaking out another 4-5 close wins (which is just how this team rolls when it wins) against mediocre teams we'll probably then be facing a legit top notch team with a good offense in the playoffs and will get completely clowned like we did against NO and ATL today.

20 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I said this last week and everyone told me I was negative nancy

yeah I have pointed out our liabilities and get the same moniker. The only thing that really shocked me about this game is we couldnt even stop the run. Wonder if Dix is regretting being traded here now. I would

MIN

K. Cousins18-22, 164 YDS, 1 TD, 1int. 

I feel better now...... 

Can't win with 1 healthy guy on the Oline.  Defense got beat bad. Not really sure why....oh they have Matt Ryan and three legit receivers. Bet the falcons win most of their games throughout the remainder of the year. 

We beat Tampa next week. 

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Our LBs played sideline to sideline again instead of downhill today. 

Yeah, I think it's very tough to play a read/react style against a team with that much speed.  D needs a plan b. I will say that they tried to blitz and tried to mix it up, but they didn't have an answer and their zones always leave someone WIDE open.

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

I think it would make us a contender/winner in a weak division and a pretender in the rest of the NFL most likely. Because IMO if we get into the playoffs by squeaking out another 4-5 close wins (which is just how this team rolls when it wins) against mediocre teams we'll probably then be facing a legit top notch team with a good offense in the playoffs and will get completely clowned like we did against NO and ATL today.

Fair.  I'll take the bragging rights in the division with hope of something to build on going into next year.  

15 minutes ago, MediocreGymnast said:

KC is worth more than 8 million more than AS.  We can't spend the saved cash on areas that could put up 30 or more points.

That was always the wildest part of us not wanting to pay Kirk* but then paying Smith slightly less (after also factoring in the opportunity cost of losing that rookie contract of Fuller's and the cheap rookie contract of that 3rd round pick, you could actually argue the Smith deal cost us more value than Kirk's contract is worth in comparison).

It would be different if we were talking about Kirk's contract vs. a rookie deal for a QB like Rosen or something, that would be a huge difference that could help build the team. A few million a year though? Can't do much with that, especially the way we "attack" FA most years. 

*Before anyone butts in, yes I know that Kirk also didn't want to be here. But I'm in the camp that it's because he wasn't wanted, which we showed him with our contract offers or lack thereof. Either way not responding to any posts about that part. 

3 minutes ago, Birdlives said:

No it won’t. Fitz is an Eli type player. Rattle him he panics. All we have to do is hit him early and often and they’ll fail utterly. 

Of course I’m relying on Manusky to actually put together a competent game plan and that hasn’t happened yet, so...Yeah

Team sucked today but that statement is a complete fabrication. He game planned very well the last three games. Today was a different type of team. This is still mostly a young D. They got punched in the mouth early. They held it together long enough that if the offence had provided any resistance what so ever they might have held on. I actually believe they will get it together. good young nucleus and I believe they are well coached. Games liek this happen. The O needed to get their back and they failed, miserably. 

The rest is not directed at you - in general: 

The offense stunk it up again. This was the game they should have had their way. It made sense they struggled the last few games. Different types of teams with good Ds. But they looked worse against one of the worst defenses in the NFL. Last few years I have been on board with injuries being a bog part of the problem. However, when you keep bringing guys back that have injury issues you don;t get that excuse anymore. 

How much different is this Oline, even with injuries if they sign a top FA LG? They did very little. Moses was banged up all year last yr even though he played. Lauvao - man did he get trucked on the play he got injured - again! Williams - great player but was dinged up too. ALl the other weapons were there outside Crowder. No, this was the game they should have lit it up. Yes, there were a few drops - but Atl had drops too. Ryan kept putting pressure on our D. Alex did none of that. I have been in he camp of give him some more time. And I still want to do that. But the patience is running out. 

Gruden - I have had his back but his offense is now unimaginative. And again really no adjustments at half time. We are 5-3 and it feels like 2-6. 

Every time I start to believe that maybe this time they have really turned a corner - they lay a big ****ing turd!! Getting beat in a close game to a desperate team? Not good but you can live with it. Getting steam rolled but a very average team at home with no resistance is inexcusable. 

15 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Oh, that Atlanta offense IS great and team on fire evening their record.  That was a buzzsaw we just walked into.  I'm worried about the Texans game, like our odds against Dallas, no idea what to think about the Tampa game yet.

I dont like our odds against any team especially after seeing todays game

Just now, ConnSKINS26 said:

*Before anyone butts in, yes I know that Kirk also didn't want to be here. But I'm in the camp that it's because he wasn't wanted, which we showed him with our contract offers or lack thereof. Either way no responding to any posts about that part. 

Kirk would have us at 6-2, 7-1. Had we come correct in the first place he’d be ending his contract this or next year and we’d all be in love with each other.

I am not so much disappointed in the loss. They were at 5-2 this morning and I had no delusions that they were going to go undefeated the rest of the way.

They were going to lose again.

I am disappointed in how they lost. Once again, they look like they didn't bother to show up for a game. As if the falcons were just going to roll over and die for them.

Stephen A. Smith is right about this team in that aspect. They are the worst team in sports when it comes to handling prosperity.

They just don't know how to deal with it. :(

5 minutes ago, dyst said:

Not to upset, but I also know we are rebuilding and didn’t fall for the hype.

Still need edge rushers, LBers, secondary, offensive line, WRs and an elite QB. We have building blocks but still far away.

You should tell the team that then, this FO is not operating like we're "rebuilding" (which is a ridiculous idea in the 5th year of Gruden after trading for a 34-year old veteran QB). 

3 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

MIN

K. Cousins18-22, 164 YDS, 1 TD, 1int. 

I feel better now...... 

Can't win with 1 healthy guy on the Oline.  Defense got beat bad. Not really sure why....oh they have Matt Ryan and three legit receivers. Bet the falcons win most of their games throughout the remainder of the year. 

We beat Tampa next week. 

Just checked some numbers after sleeping through the 2nd half. 

Redskins had 3 x the penalty yards vs Falcons. 

Atlanta was 10 of 13 on 3rd down conversions. 

Starting RB had 6.8 ypc vs AP's 1.9 ypc. 

Just one of those games. Redskins never stood a chance. 

Atlanta had the benefit of coming off of the bye.  Definitely had a chance to exploit Redskins D and find weaknesses. OL decimated by injuries, couldn’t run.  If the OL is going to be completely In shambles then I can’t see us going very far, probably a losing streak looms ahead.  Tough pill to swallow.  

Archived