Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - NFC East FIRST PLACE Redskins VS Atlanta Fried Chickens

TK

1 hour ago, PartyPosse said:

It pretty much says that we’re a good enough team to beat most teams that are average or worse but that we aren’t remotely close to the upper echelon of the league.

oh my god... we’re the Kirk Cousins of the NFL

And you thought we' would be this year?

I wonder if anybody thinks we did a good job scheming up the falcons. It seemed to me we thought we’d run our offense and defense the way we want to and figured we’d get a win. This speaks to relying on talent and not scheming to your opponent. As long as Jay and Greg keep thinking they can overcome scheme with talent, this will be the outcome. We’ll beat lower talent teams and lose to teams that coach up players, work on scheme and out coach you. That likely means zero wins in the playoffs because we’ll always get outschemed; not outplayed. It’s time to expect better.

1 minute ago, Birdlives said:

I wonder if anybody thinks we did a good job scheming up the falcons. It seemed to me we thought we’d run our offense and defense the way we want to and figured we’d get a win. This speaks to relying on talent and not scheming to your opponent. As long as Jay and Greg keep thinking they can overcome scheme with talent, this will be the outcome. We’ll beat lower talent teams and lose to teams that coach up players, work on scheme and out coach you. That likely means zero wins in the playoffs because we’ll always get outschemed; not outplayed. It’s time to expect better.

Manusky consistently tries to play soft zones behind blitzes.  That’s stupid.

The offensive coaching staff of Gruden, Cavanaugh and Callahan have basically have no creativity.

I'm really puzzled by folks believing any less about this coaching staff. We have talent on this roster. In fact, we have better talent than alot of teams.

Unfortunately, we have a a ****load of lack of talent in the coaching staff. If anyone continues to believe in gruden and his merry band of outcasts, then I don't know what to say.

The FO (Allen at the forefront) is as useless as tits on a bull) continues to trot this staff out as if it will suddenly work (the definition of insanity and all).

Tired of seeing the bewildered look on gruden face while a team beats us into the turf. 

Make no mistake, gruden is NOT the coach to lead us forward. 

It's simple really. To be the team we all want to tune into to watch on Sunday, this whole coaching staff and FO has to go.

HTTR.

The Defense had no answers today.  Manusky got spanked. It seemed like No ingenuity, with disguising or blitzing. They thought they could get there with 3 or 4 and that just didn't happen today.  We could not get a stop. Its not a total shocker, Atlanta was a Super Bowl team 2 years ago, they played like it on Offense. Matty Ice was on fire. This should humble the hell out of our defense, should. 

Offensively, we self destructed with penalties, injuries, and poor play.  Every yard seems so tough for our O, it's baffling, and seems to be getting worse. Here is to turning the page quickly, hoping the injuries aren't too bad, and getting it done in Tampa. bamn. HTTR

25 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

That game ****ing sucked...it's behind us now and we're on to the bucs...sure could go for a bye week right about now. HTTR!!

I suppose a bye would be nice. But its not francis. This team went from a horrid defense to the horrid offense. They'll blame it on injuries and they may be right. But the bottom line is that every year its something. I suppose its on to the next.....year probably. The offensive line includes Christian who got beat like a rag doll and will probably be starting on the offensive line next week. Along with that, Gruden has a problem scheming things up. And even if his scheme doesn't work, he's too ****ing stubborn to adjust. Have you noticed that every time he gets behind, he gives up on the run game. And the fact that he ALWAYS runs on 1st down is stifling.

He did this **** in Cincinnati so trust me, its not going to change.

5 hours ago, goskins10 said:

Husband and wife? That's my guess. If so, please warn us to we know to stay out of anything that remotely looks like conflict. It never ends well for the 3rd person in.....   ?:cheers:

I've never heard any complaints from the third person involved with us before. Have you @TheGreatBuzz???? hahahahahaha

5 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Good guess.  Feel free to get in on the conflict.  Brings us closer together.

he needs all the help he can get. 

4 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

She's a little cuter than that.

a little?

7 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

BMitch just said “it’s too damn far into the season to not be clicking”

Hes right.

Not just that. Smith is a 14yr vet. How much acclamation does he need? I've heard Jay continually say how smart Alex is. Smartest QB he's ever coached. It's def not translating to the field of play. Not to rehash the whole Cousins stuff but he did put up 4,000 yards in the system yearly. No the WRs aren't great. But they get open. Smith always looks hesitant to throw, accuracy is bad, and terrible pocket presence.

I heard Smoot saying that playing Dix was easy pickings for Ryan. That anyone with a football mind knew that Dix didn't have enough time to learn our defense.   So anytime that Dix was in the game, it had to be cover 1 or cover 3. Which allowed Ryan to easily know our D and dissected it easily.  Heck even Julio Jones got his first TD only to get mobbed by his teammates.

The counter to that was, you don't bring in Dix and not use him if even in a limited capacity.

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

True, but it wouldn’t have hurt to wait until this week.  Coming in midweek, inserted into a new defense, it’s a tough ask.

I read Nicholson was injured..... not sure to what degree of course...  I thought we got Dix after seeing some guys wide open deep in recent weeks.

Maybe having Dix in the box just attacking the ball or TE would have been a better assignment for him on day 5.

• TK locked this topic

Archived