Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - NFC East FIRST PLACE Redskins VS Atlanta Fried Chickens

TK

6 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I have zero faith in this team to recover from this and start winning again until the O line is back in place. The entire offense is predicated on opening up running lanes and controlling the clock, which impacts the defense as well (you saw this at work today). 

This wasn't just a bad day, but also the start of a bad month if we can't get healthy. 

Actually I think the offense is entirely dependent on the defense being our main strength so Alex and jay can continue playing low risk ground and pound. We just don’t have the weapons to have any other game plan. Easy to say now but I pretty much knew this game was over after the first 2drives. It wasn’t hard to see either.

4 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

And I will say now, they can be good. But the most important thing to be in football is consistent. You will not win a whole lot if you play well a few games but then play like total ****.

I doubt there are any? many? teams that consistently play at some level ranging between good and excellent every week. I'd guess most teams.. even the best.. have a few stinkers each season. 

I wish I were not so incredibly lazy, I'd look more into this. Just a quick thought I had when I read this part though. 

18 minutes ago, carex said:

my complaint about you is that you're acting like you have the answers.  Oh, change this, change that, change the other thing.  The Skins have changed everything over the course of their suckiness, including their owner, because it predates Snyder.  Plus the Skins have had one owner that turned out well in the history of the franchise, so where's the evidence that'd work?

What does that have to do with turning in his fan card...which started this discussion.

34 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Yeah, but vikes still overpaid for the other guy. Overall i’m ok with how it worked out, I hope we draft a QB this off season. Falcons won two straight before this game, they are a quality team, we are probably the best in our division.

We cant draft a QB this year. We’re married to Smith for at least 2 more year because of the extension we gave him. Even if we drafted Tom Brady in the first round we’d only have 2 years before we had to pay him. That’s not viable in today’s NFL. It’s why the Rams went all out while Goff is cheap. I agree the Vikings overpaid. It was a great situation ruined by both sides being obtuse. I never thought either side understood what might have been had Kirk stayed. The endorsements alone would’ve made up that 80 mil. Kirks agent was clearly more driven towards himself and his success. He makes bank on Kirks team contract and much less on his endorsements. Unfortunately, he’s had Kirks ear since day one. Not the first time an agent has ****ed things up for his client due to self interest. Won’t be the last.

2 minutes ago, TouchdownSkin said:

What does that have to do with turning in his fan card...which started this discussion.

Thanks. The whole conversation got so stupid that I actually forgot what I had written in response to in the first place.

1 minute ago, Sandy Monk said:

I doubt there are any? many? teams that consistently play at some level ranging between good and excellent every week. I'd guess most teams.. even the best.. have a few stinkers each season. 

I wish I were not so incredibly lazy, I'd look more into this. Just a quick thought I had when I read this part though. 

I disagree. The good teams lose some times. But they rarely come out and and get manhandled. It's very rare for good teams to just get beat like drums. That is my compliant with Jay. They can play poorly overall but still play hard and be prepared. Every couple games - they come out like they never played football before. Good teams do not do that. They are consistency prepared and play hard. 

If they had come out swinging and playing hard and still got beat. That would be different. But they did not. They came out flat and uninspired - especially on offense. That can't happen if you want to be a legitimate challenger. 

How can anyone with any sense of reality look at the way this team has played this year have any satisfaction that they are leading the division? Every year the same players get hurt over and over,yet they keep bringing them back expecting different results..Every single year it's the same results and excuses

2 minutes ago, Birdlives said:

We cant draft a QB this year. We’re married to Smith for at least 2 more year because of the extension we gave him. Even if we drafted Tom Brady in the first round we’d only have 2 years before we had to pay him. That’s not viable in today’s NFL. It’s why the Rams went all out while Goff is cheap. I agree the Vikings overpaid. It was a great situation ruined by both sides being obtuse. I never thought either side understood what might have been had Kirk stayed. The endorsements alone would’ve made up that 80 mil. Kirks agent was clearly more driven towards himself and his success. He makes bank on Kirks team contract and much less on his endorsements. Unfortunately, he’s had Kirks ear since day one. Not the first time an agent has ****ed things up for his client due to self interest. Won’t be the last.

Not worth digging it all up again, but I'd also argue that if we'd tried to pay him fairly from the beginning rather than playing hardball and making the monumentally stupid mistake of franchise tagging a QB, we never would have been in this position. Which I think you agree with, but once we ****ed ourselves, it wasn't hard for his agent to have Kirk's ear. 

15 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Still have no idea what your actual point is. I'm a fan, I'm not supposed to have "the answers", even though I think that I do (and that you're hilariously wrong about the Skins trying everything) and post about them all the time. 

But that's besides my point. Which is that your point is nonexistant--again, I need to have the answers or just accept the bull**** the team puts in front of me happily? That's just a fan's lot in life, smile and take bad performances, broken Front Office construction, poor ownership, cowardly and predictable playcalling, a lack of innovation in any way at all, etc.? 

Your true belief is that if a fan doesn't come with a powerpoint presentation and handouts showing how it would definitely be fixed (and apparently a time machine to prove that it worked), the only other option is to sit down and shut up and take the bull****? 

Again, that's pure idiocy and I feel sorry for you. 

The Skins have changed coaches, gms, offensive and defensive philosophies, shifted from focusing on free agency to focusing on draft.  Signed and drafted QBs, RBs, WRs, OLs, TEs, DL, LBs, DBs. Pass first, run first, 4-3, 3-4,  What else is there.

And my point isn't you need the answers, you just need to stop acting like you do have them

4 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

I disagree. The good teams lose some times. But they rarely come out and and get manhandled. It's very rare for good teams to just get beat like drums. That is my compliant with Jay. They can play poorly overall but still play hard and be prepared. Every couple games - they come out like they never played football before. Good teams do not do that. They are consistency prepared and play hard. 

If they had come out swinging and playing hard and still got beat. That would be different. But they did not. They came out flat and uninspired - especially on offense. That can't happen if you want to be a legitimate challenger. 

I'll take your word on that. I quit on them at halftime, and figured it was over then. Just felt like a game they were not going to be allowed to compete in, even if they had it in em. 

Who would you consider "the good NFC teams " to be? (other than obviously NO and LAR) 

No point in drafting a QB unless you bring in a whole new regime and right now, sadly, the entire offense. With Smith and co are tied to Gruden’s gameplan. Either the whole thing blows up in this offseason and we bite the bullet Andean dead cap space or we wait another year to draft a QB. No point wasting a high pick on a guy who may not be the guy for the new regime.

4 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

No point in drafting a QB unless you bring in a whole new regime and right now, sadly, the entire offense. With Smith and co are tied to Gruden’s gameplan. Either the whole thing blows up in this offseason and we bite the bullet Andean dead cap space or we wait another year to draft a QB. No point wasting a high pick on a guy who may not be the guy for the new regime.

Maybe Alex will do the team a solid and retire in the offseason. ? 

15 minutes ago, Birdlives said:

Next year isn't the year anyways. Tua should be available in 2020 :)

47 minutes ago, dyst said:

Not to upset, but I also know we are rebuilding and didn’t fall for the hype.

Still need edge rushers, LBers, secondary, offensive line, WRs and an elite QB. We have building blocks but still far away.

When you are rebuilding you don't bring in a qb like Alex and pay him all that money if you are not in win now mode. Skins really don't have a rebuild mode. Dan wants to win a SB every year. This is why we still don't have a franchise QB like other teams do. 

1 minute ago, Sandy Monk said:

I'll take your word on that. I quit on them at halftime, and figured it was over then. Just felt like a game they were not going to be allowed to compete in, even if they had it in em. 

Who would you consider "the good NFC teams " to be? (other than obviously NO and LAR) 

Not being ugly but not playing that game. I list a few teams and you go find a game or two they played like ****. A game or two out of 16 does not take way consistency. Every year Jay's teams come out when they have a chance to take control and play like absolute garbage. They are the epitome of inconsistency. 

It's not just about the win - it's about the fight in them. You are going to lose. It happens in the NFL. But even on your worst day you should play like you give a ****. Jay's team have complete mental breakdowns. You don't win anything of significance playing like that. 

12 minutes ago, carex said:

The Skins have changed coaches, gms, offensive and defensive philosophies, shifted from focusing on free agency to focusing on draft.  Signed and drafted QBs, RBs, WRs, OLs, TEs, DL, LBs, DBs. Pass first, run first, 4-3, 3-4,  What else is there.

This is an extremely shallow look at this. I know you aren't this dumb, you've just talked yourself into a weird corner that I'm happy to let you out of, because this conversation is hurting my brain. We could start a thread on this and an entire message board of people will beat you down with post after post about how this isn't remotely true. 

And my point isn't you need the answers, you just need to stop acting like you do have them

Why? Why am I not allowed to dislike the coaching staff, or the owner, or the FO, or how any of it operates, or some of the players, or anything else?

We've circled back around to what started this conversation, someone trying to pull "fan cards" or whatever. Why do you think you have the right to say this to someone on here? I'll say whatever I damn well please about the team (within the rules) and be just as much a fan as you are. Still have no idea what your point is or what your problem is, and I'm rapidly approaching the point of just assuming you don't have a clue either, but need to take your anger about this game out on someone since apparently your fan code prevents you from blaming the people who are the problem--the FO and coaching staff, to begin with.  

Archived