Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So the skins are sitting 4-2.. let's take a look at the rest of the schedule

crabbypatty

4 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Even with that forgiving schedule, we’re still an 8-8 team as presently constructed.

BUT...IF our receiving corps can get some health and IF our QB can establish better chemistry with them and IF AP can maintain his production, we could squeeze out 11 wins and be a tough out in the playoffs.

To me, we are looking like Jacksonville last year.  Good running game, good defense and a mediocre QB. Lose AP or have injuries, we could very quickly become what Jacksonville looks like this year except we can do it in season!

9 minutes ago, Darth Tater said:

To me, we are looking like Jacksonville last year.  Good running game, good defense and a mediocre QB. Lose AP or have injuries, we could very quickly become what Jacksonville looks like this year except we can do it in season!

Cmon man, don’t put Smth on that Bortles level.

That’s just wrong.

I have a question: the date for our game against the titans is supposed to be decided on after week 8 (next week) 

any chance they choose that game for the Saturday 4:30 game or 8:30 game on December 22nd?  The other options they have for the 2 games are ravens/chargers, jaguars/dolphins, and giants/colts. 

I think it was the CBS pregame show, yesterday. One of the hosts said he thought the Redskins were the best team nobody was talking about. 

Pointed out that we had already beaten beaten an Aaron Rogers team and a Cam Newton team. And that our remaining 11 games had one team with a winning record. 

3 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

The next game in NY scares me.  Not because I think the Giants are secretly good, but because that is the type of game this team typically loses, and looks bad doing so in, after a nice emotional victory.   

If they can go into NY next Sunday and win....in any fashion, I will start to believe that this could be a sign of things turning.

With you 100%. The Giants have done well against the Redskins when we needed a win. Look no farther than last year...and they hold the edge 100-68 in wins. 

2 minutes ago, BornToHail said:

With you 100%. The Giants have done well against the Redskins when we needed a win. Look no farther than last year...and they hold the edge 100-68 in wins. 

“Look no further than last year”? The game where we needed a win, who won that game? ? 

you could have pointed to many more examples, ones that are, you know, correct. The one you just stated, is false. 

6 hours ago, crabbypatty said:

8 Oct 28 WAS @ NYG Loss, they always find a way to lose to bad Giants teams in NY            
9 Nov 04 ATL @ WAS Loss, Atlanta is pretty good            
10 Nov 11 WAS @ TB Loss            
11 Nov 18 HOU @ WAS Loss, tough defense            
12 Nov 22 WAS @ DAL Loss, split w/ the Cowboys is pretty normal and this puts all of ES on suicide watch            
13 Dec 03 WAS @ PHI Loss            
14 Dec 09 NYG @ WAS Win, split            
15 Dec 16 WAS @ JAX  Loss            
16 Dec 23 WAS @ TEN Loss            
17 Dec 30 PHI @ WAS Win, split        

5 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

“Look no further than last year”? The game where we needed a win, who won that game? ? 

you could have pointed to many more examples, ones that are, you know, correct. The one you just stated, is false. 

I don't follow. I was talking about the last game of the year when the Giants sat their starters and we needed that win and we couldn't get it. 

10 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

Eli may suck overall, but when OBJ is wide open 40 yards downfield, Eli hits him. Our secondary better step up a little (especially when stacking the box to Squash Saquan) The Giants offensive strength is our weakness. I'll be nervous for this game as well.

I am nervous for EVERY game.  While we are improved as a team there is so little separation between teams in the NFL now.  One thing that does make me feel better about our team is our defense is fundamentally better than in the past.  We have that to hang our hat on, and it gives us an edge, in most cases, that we did not have before. Hail

10 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

Not gonna make a W-L prediction, but I don't think there is one team on the schedule that scares me.  Atlanta and Jacksonville are not as good as people expected.  Titans and Bucs aren't that good either.  

The Atlanta offense is still super explosive which is scary, even if their defense is really bad. And all division games scare me. Honestly all games scare me haha....

3 hours ago, Darth Tater said:

But by Week 11, Smith will tear his ACL and be gone for the season.

Colt McCoy will start over him and then our O will start clicking until we advance to the SuperBowl and wins it.

Then Colt McCoy is named SuperBowl MVP.

So we'll have done Jags/Philadelphia. 3 seasons in one. Because we're that good!

9 hours ago, Llevron said:

The team can be any place in a few weeks to be honest. I dont think they are too good to get swept by the Eagles. I dont think the Eagles are too good to be swept by us. Nothing in the schedule seems impossible or guaranteed other than a sweep of the giants. And even then, I have been a Skins fan long enough not to count on that either. 

So I'm still going with 8-8 until something improves or someone gets hurt (Reed, AP, Trent....one if them is gonna go down)

Honestly, the way we are playing right now, we might as well be walking a tight rope.  It's a team built for winning close games, but thats only because our team isn't turning the ball over. The Atlanta game will be very important to see if this works against a team that can score 30 no problem, because we failed the New Orleans test with flying colors.

After the New Orleans spanking, I feared 5-11 or worse was in the cards, now after a couple of wins who knows?  The NFC East looks putrid, the Skins might be the best unless the Eagles wake up so now something crazy like 11-5 looks possible.  I think it will all depend on the health if the OL and DL stay healthy winning the division and even double-digit wins are possible.  Yeah, I don't really see this happening but it isn't laughable today because there are a lot of mediocre and worst teams on the schedule.

5 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I don't care if it's the 1-5 Giants. I don't care if they're 0-7 when they play us.

It means something at the end of the season.

Division wins and conference wins all mean something when it comes to tiebreakers.

The giants are going to come out pumped against the Redskins.  They do every game.  The like beating the skins more than the Cowboys or Eagles imho.  They could easily steal Redskins pride and end their season. 

28 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Honestly, the way we are playing right now, we might as well be walking a tight rope.  It's a team built for winning close games, but thats only because our team isn't turning the ball over. The Atlanta game will be very important to see if this works against a team that can score 30 no problem, because we failed the New Orleans test with flying colors.

Yeah, Atlanta will probably beat the Skins but that is maybe the only team on the schedule that looks really better than the Skins.

Archived