Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DJ Swearinger Appreciation Thread

NickyJ

I had a feeling he would be a big player for us when we signed him. Last year, he was vulnerable in coverage a bit but still created turnovers.

I wanted him bad in that draft we chose Amerson as our first pick. I wasn't thrilled with Amerson's selection but we rolling now with a matured version of the guy who was a beast in college.

HTTR. Swearinger, Peterson and the two trenches won us this game

NBC Sports has a great article on him, along with video, a "mini-documentary"

He talks about his love for Sean Taylor, long before DJS was a Skin. He was born to be a Skin.

And I like that he's staying humble and level-headed, despite the success.

Skins of the past, whenever they start to taste a small bit of success, would prematurely get unrealistically over-confident,

then slack off, then crash. But DJS, despite the defense's success, isn't ready to crown themselves, until they physically

hoist that Lombardi in real time, and put in the necessary work to get there.

"We leading, but we haven't won the division, we haven't won the championship, we haven't won the Super Bowl," he said. "We just getting started. We just turning the stove on, man. We ain't even put the grease in yet."

DJ Swearinger feels very disrespected, which is what's fueling his incredible 2018 season

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/dj-swearinger-feels-very-disrespected-which-whats-fueling-his-incredible-2018-season

1 hour ago, -JB- said:

Redskins haven’t had a position player on offense or defense be a first team all-pro since 1992 Wilber Marshall.  Reggie Roby as punter in 94, Brian Mitchell in 95 was special teams All-Pro and Matt Turk as long snapper in 96.  Swearinger is worthy of first team All-Pro thus far.

Matt Turk was a punter.

Just checked the nfl 2018 season stats, and it appears that DJ Swearinger is in fact leading the league in interceptions with 4. There are 14 guys with 3 interceptions. 2 guys on the patriots could do have a chance to tie DJ if either one gets 2 interceptions later tonight, and 1 guy on the bills has a chance if he gets two interceptions (also playing tonight). But if not, then DJ will be in the league lead for interceptions going into week 9

just thought that was a cool fact :) 

Not sure if this is news or not but this morning Galdi and Smoot were saying it may not be out there, but they’ve heard from folks at Redskins Park that apparently there was beef between DJ and Norman.  It got squashed after the Saints debacle.  Just found that strange given that I remember hearing about how they grew up playing ball together and were excited to be on the same team.

Archived