Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DJ Swearinger Appreciation Thread

NickyJ

DJ on Grant & Danny.

1st interception where he let the TE go and jumped the slant to OBJ .. he sd he recognized the Ginats may be running what they call a "steelers 7" where the TE runs the 7 and the outside WR run inside slants. He showed man on TE but then let him go and jumped the slant to OBJ.

^ That is film room prep, that is situational football, that is play recognition, play making ability to jump the route .. . thats winning football.

I wish we'd stop comparing safeties to Sean. People put him on a pedestal because of the season he was having but before that season he never really put it all together. We're seeing a very complete season here by DJ and it should be the standard in my opinion. 

Edit: Well damn DJ just did it himself, ill shutup now. ?

3 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I wish we'd stop comparing safeties to Sean. People put him on a pedestal because of the season he was having but before that season he never really put it all together. We're seeing a very complete season here by DJ and it should be the standard in my opinion. 

The eye test would lead me to believe that Swearinger is having a better season than any Redskins Safety I ever remember, including Sean Taylor.  I’m not saying PFF is the Bible but Taylor scored an 88.9 in 2007, his final season.  Swearinger scores 90.9 as of right now.

I'm not touching this 21-36 comparison with a ten foot pole... I REALLY REALY LOVE DJ soooo glad the skins picked him up..when I heard he was a big st fan I thought we might be getting something special here...so ****ing glad he plays for my beloved Washington Redskins.

I heard from a friend of a cousin of DJ's uncle five times removed that both DJ and Sean poured milk into their cereal on Saturday mornings when they were kids. And get this, THEY BOTH DRANK THE MILK FROM THE BOWL AFTER THEY ATE ALL THE CEREAL.

3 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I'll admit I was wrong about DJ as well.

Don't be so hard on yourself...3 professional teams in a span of just 4 years, were wrong about him as well.

That's 2 unwanted Cardinals players who have turned out huge for us, one on offense, and one on defense.

I wonder what other Cardinal out there we can transform.

4 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Don't be so hard on yourself...3 professional teams in a span of just 4 years, were wrong about him as well.

That's 2 unwanted Cardinals players who have turned out huge for us, one on offense, and one on defense.

I wonder what other Cardinal out there we can transform.

Michael Floyd was a Cardinal for a while.

2 hours ago, -JB- said:

The eye test would lead me to believe that Swearinger is having a better season than any Redskins Safety I ever remember, including Sean Taylor.  I’m not saying PFF is the Bible but Taylor scored an 88.9 in 2007, his final season.  Swearinger scores 90.9 as of right now.

I'll say this is probably the best or 2nd best season a safety has had in the B&G in a long time, for someone who's limited in foot speed and height, DJ makes up for it with great positioning and communication. If there were a reason I were to give his season the edge over Sean's it's because DJ is a better communicator than I Sean ever was. He helps get his people lined up in the right spots fairly frequently. 

46 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I'll say this is probably the best or 2nd best season a safety has had in the B&G in a long time, for someone who's limited in foot speed and height, DJ makes up for it with great positioning and communication. If there were a reason I were to give his season the edge over Sean's it's because DJ is a better communicator than I Sean ever was. He helps get his people lined up in the right spots fairly frequently. 

Imagine Sean Taylor & Swearinger in the same secondary ?

36 is playing the best football of his career and becoming the undisputed leader of the whole team, not just Defense. He's the first player since London who I think we can start to look at as being the "heart and soul of the Defense". Different personality to London, DJ has more fire, but that dude leaves it all on the field and wears his heart on his sleeve in exactly the same way 59 did. Love having him around and hopefully we can tie him down for a few more years yet.

Archived