• Blog Entries

    • By JimmiJo in ES Coverage
         0
      ES Coverage: Giants vs Redskins 
       
      12/9/18
       
      DEFEAT!!!
       
      Giants 40 - Redskins 16
       
      Greetings friends, JimmiJo here, and I am joined by my shivering partner, Spaceman Spiff. Together we will bring you this all important NFC East divisional matchup between the Washington Redskins and New York Giants.
       
      When I was last with you the Redskins had command of the division and there was optimism to spare. Since, devastating injuries to quarterbacks, linemen, and cornerbacks has left this team losers in 4-of-5 contests.
       
      But there is still everything to play for, and if they can manage a victory today and the Eagles to the same Washington will once again have a share of the lead.
       
      I can dream can't I?
       
      On paper, the future looks grim. A continued collapse will start the questions about the future of personnel and perhaps leadership. Yes, we can certainly point to injuries as the primary reason the team is struggling. But the record earlier in the year was masking some issues with the squad. No real arial threat. An inconsistent running game. And a defense that has been anything but consistent.
       
      But these are questions for another time. Today, it is just two teams looking for a win.
       
      See you at the half.
       
      Follow along on Twitter @Skinscast 
       
      Inactives
       
      The Redskins declared the following players as inactive:
      o   No. 12 QB Colt McCoy
      o   No. 32 RB Samaje Perine
      o   No. 46 RB Kapri Bibbs
      o   No. 52 LB Ryan Anderson
      o   No. 63 C Demetrius Rhaney
      o   No. 66 G Tony Bergstrom
      o   No. 99 DL Caleb Brantley
       
      JimmiJo
       
      I was happy to see players like Josh Johnson and Byron Marshall in the game. The marquee guys did not earn the right to play following the disastrous first half. It was historically bad.
       
      Never before had the Washington Redskins trailed by as much as the 34-0 deficit they entertained today at the half.
       
      I remarked to one of the writers that in 13-seasons I had never seen this team so outplayed as today. The offense led by Mark Sanchez was throw-up in mouth bad. At no point did you feel like they would or could score.
       
      I tweeted before the game that it is time for Daniel Snyder to replaced head coach Jay Gruden. Yes injuries are the headline. But the offense was poor before the injuries.
       
      No aerial threat and an inconsistent rushing. They only seemed to score 20-points per game.
       
      What they did do well was hold on to the ball. And the defense was a takeover machine the first half of the year.
      But turnovers tend to even out.
       
      So I was more than glad to see those ‘backups’ play. All they did was show they should have been playing in the first half.
       
      Especially Johnson. Take a look at your Redskins’ starter the rest of the way. From his first snap the offense looked different. There was energy. There was life.
       
      And there was threat.
       
      Johnson played with more command, accuracy and imagination than Mark Sanchez. He looked much more the accomplished quarterback.
       
      A word on Josh Doctson. You are an idiot. Without the stupid penalty you are not letting the safety out-position you to make the pick with 5-minutes left.
       
      Following this game, staring at the standings and considering possible scenarios for getting in the playoffs is fools’ gold. It is all about assessing who it worth keeping for next year.
       
      I don’t believe head coach Jay Gruden is going to make the list. Nor should he. He has had nore than enough time to do something here. He had Kirk Cousins’ starting over 3-full seasons.
       
      He had his chance.
       
      I tweeted before the game team owner Daniel Snyder should let Gruden go and bring in Mike McCarthy. Washington Post writer (and friend) Rick Snider made a great counterpoint to that idea:
       
      “Why would McCarthy want to come here? He has better options,” he said.
       
      That sure feels like the truth. And if so, it may explain why Gruden is fast becoming one of the most tenured coaches in the league.
       
      This was my last game for this season. I would like to thank Extremeskins and the team for the opportunity this year. I will see you guys next year.
       
      Let me go on the record now and say I do not think Jay Gruden's position here is secure. Not with the likes of Mike McCarthy available.
skins island connection

Redskins vs Panthers Prediction Thread: Here We Go Again

Who wins the game?  

80 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who wins the game?

    • Washington Redskins
    • Carolina Panthers
    • The unlikely tie?
      0

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/14/2018 at 04:59 PM

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Only thing we're consistent at is being inconsistent. 

 

Skins: 43

Panthers: 19

 

Everyone begins to question their own existence after this game. 

It’s the Win 1 game in the trend.  Wouldn’t be surprising if they won.

 

43 points?  That’s would be shocking.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finlay said on 106.7 the vibe he has being around the team with all the different plot lines, Alex, Jay, Norman -- it is more tumultuous than its been in years -- lot of tension.  Chris Russell has been saying Dan is angry behind the scenes.   Jay himself references "we have a cloud looming over our head"

 

Good news to me about it and bad news.

 

good news is it feels a lot like 2015 before the Tampa game -- even though this situation record wise is no where as dire considering the rest of the NFC East records. So they'd come out with urgency and win. 

 

bad news is with all this hovering around and they lose to Carolina especially if its a no show kind of stadium -- wow the negativity that likely looms from that will be intense.

 

 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

 

bad news is with all this hovering around and they lose to Carolina especially if its a no show kind of stadium -- wow the negativity that likely looms from that will be intense.

 

 

Maaaan, thiaplace is going to be radioactive if we lose this game and at home against Dallas.  Like some sub-500 record we will become one of those franchises advertising other teams stars until we get right, point of no return, event horizon type ****.

 

I want to go, but younger cousin will be in town.  I'm waiting to make my prediction on AP playing, but I say we win anyway. Have to.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

 

Maaaan, thiaplace is going to be radioactive if we lose this game and at home against Dallas.  Like some sub-500 record we will become one of those franchises advertising other teams stars until we get right, point of no return, event horizon type ****.

 

I want to go, but younger cousin will be in town.  I'm waiting to make my prediction on AP playing, but I say we win anyway. Have to.

 

Yeah it feels like a must win which is odd to say because if they lose they are still obviously in the thick of it.  But a loss here -- with Dallas looming who has owned us in recent years wow what a crazy week that will be leading up to that if it went down. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

 

Yeah it feels like a must win which is odd to say because if they lose they are still obviously in the thick of it.  But a loss here -- with Dallas looming who has owned us in recent years wow what a crazy week that will be leading up to that if it went down. 

 

 If they lose a hard-fought, close game, say within 3-4 points, maybe, just maybe they could be 'in the thick of it' mentally,  But they absolutely cannot go into this game with that mentality. That would give them that 'we're still in the mix' attitude, and its downhill from there. Gruden must hammer this message to them, no slack.

 

They have to treat this game, and most every game, as a must-win, no horse-****ting, no showboating on the field when someone makes a play, it has to be strictly business. My blood boils seeing crap like that; they make a good play and its 'look at me' time, then the very next play they're burned badly and jogging to the sideline.

 

I know its part of the game to maybe get the crowd into it, but the average fan knows when a player makes a great play so there's no need for drawing attention to themselves; just give a little forearm check and get ready for the next play.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed.

 

i usually like seeing my teams plays with swagger and confidence but these idiots celebrate after any little play and then get their asses toasted right after. It’s obnoxious as ****. They truly act like they’re a top team. Again the arrogance kills me. 

 

Jalen Ramsay can act like that because he’s a beast 16 games a year and how many other times Blake Bortles is able to play competent QB in the playoffs 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we play better than last week, unless Cam is due to set some kind of record.  No wait, that can't happen, the NFL hates him almost as much as us.

 

Panthers - 41

Redskins - 24

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cam Newton owns this football team, for whatever reason.

 

Panthers 35

Skins 14

 

Another tough week moving the football...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, skins island connection said:

 

 If they lose a hard-fought, close game, say within 3-4 points, maybe, just maybe they could be 'in the thick of it' mentally,  But they absolutely cannot go into this game with that mentality. That would give them that 'we're still in the mix' attitude, and its downhill from there. Gruden must hammer this message to them, no slack.

 

They have to treat this game, and most every game, as a must-win, no horse-****ting, no showboating on the field when someone makes a play, it has to be strictly business. My blood boils seeing crap like that; they make a good play and its 'look at me' time, then the very next play they're burned badly and jogging to the sideline.

 

I know its part of the game to maybe get the crowd into it, but the average fan knows when a player makes a great play so there's no need for drawing attention to themselves; just give a little forearm check and get ready for the next play.

 

It's the dark side of the new age culture of "Expressing yourself"

 

I'm all for expressing yourself if you walk the walk. I dont like gump ass dudes flexing after every play. Its insulting to watch, and I'm tired of it. Play football. When you learn how to tackle,  and not be chasing dude's down like some parent chasing their kid old school with a switch, then you can flex. 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

bad news is with all this hovering around and they lose to Carolina especially if its a no show kind of stadium -- wow the negativity that likely looms from that will be intense.

 

 

3

In other words, the beginning of the end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Finlay said on 106.7 the vibe he has being around the team with all the different plot lines, Alex, Jay, Norman -- it is more tumultuous than its been in years -- lot of tension.  Chris Russell has been saying Dan is angry behind the scenes.   Jay himself references "we have a cloud looming over our head"

 

Good news to me about it and bad news.

 

good news is it feels a lot like 2015 before the Tampa game -- even though this situation record wise is no where as dire considering the rest of the NFC East records. So they'd come out with urgency and win. 

 

bad news is with all this hovering around and they lose to Carolina especially if its a no show kind of stadium -- wow the negativity that likely looms from that will be intense.

 

 

There is no way some of the starters on our offense are not thinking we downgraded at QB. No Way

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

In other words, the beginning of the end.

 

maybe not for real but I think it will feel that way for about a week.  And if they lose this game and to Dallas the week after, wow.  But I don't think that will happen.  Will see. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

 

maybe not for real but I think it will feel that way for about a week.  And if they lose this game and to Dallas the week after, wow.  But I don't think that will happen.  Will see. 

 

 Beating the Panthers and losing to the Cowboys would not sit well. Carolina is a much better team, and the heat would get hotter losing to Dallas and really bring up legitimate questions about how this coaching staff lacks getting the players prepared and motivated.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Defense rules in this one. Jordan Reed gets 14 targets, 10 catches and a TD. Kerrigan scores on D.

Skins 23

Panthers 13

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Agreed.

 

i usually like seeing my teams plays with swagger and confidence but these idiots celebrate after any little play and then get their asses toasted right after. It’s obnoxious as ****. They truly act like they’re a top team. Again the arrogance kills me. 

 

Jalen Ramsay can act like that because he’s a beast 16 games a year and how many other times Blake Bortles is able to play competent QB in the playoffs 

Our guys celebrate way too much. Its ridiculous. STFU and get back into the huddle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, skins island connection said:

 

 Beating the Panthers and losing to the Cowboys would not sit well. Carolina is a much better team, and the heat would get hotter losing to Dallas and really bring up legitimate questions about how this coaching staff lacks getting the players prepared and motivated.

 

The other thing about beating Carolina but losing to Dallas is you got the one win, one loss pattern and the Cowboys recent dominance over us.  So agree, that wouldn't be good either.  I've watched a lot of Dallas -- they won't be easy to run on, their front 7 is stout.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.