Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: Redskins vs. Saints

KDawg

The Skins are undisciplined and uninspired.   And that **** begins with the blown coverages and poor tackling in the secondary.  It is sort of a staple among our D players and it does not matter who the coach is, or what year it is.

I thought the battle between our D line and their O line could have been a factor in slowing Bree's down but that Nicholson boneheaded play really deflated the defense.  And that is where you see the "no fight" and uninspired play of the Skins.  Momentum change?  No problem.  We will just fall on our sword and then get into twitter rants right  Norman?  Mr. Swagger has nothing and I mean nothing to run his mouth about.  He should have been benched.  But Nicholson should have been as well.  Norman has not played well since the first year we acquired him, which makes him amazingly expensive, overrated and the GM of the Panthers a rather good evaluator of his potential.

Gruden should have benched Smith.  He was throwing so inaccurately long BUT he was getting no protection. I just do not know with his skill set why he is not moving more out of the pocket by design.  They have to go at a faster pace man.  KC did that last year with him.  His dinking and dunking was getting guys smashed out there.  Guys are sore as hell today on our powderpuff team today.

Plus how in the hell do you NOT have some designed plays for Reed in your dink and dunk arsenal?   He can get separation from anyone.   Did Smith even try. I went to bed at the end of the 3rd quarter,.

The game planning is predictable, blah, and most of all and this is key, this team has NO fire.  I mean you saw it in the New Orleans players.  Ingraham as one example was putting 3 guys on their heels running the ball up the middle.  Getting those two-three extra yards. 

Gruden will be jettisoned when the team is out of contention in the ****test division in the NFL.  

My post game feelings is that last night was a terrible game, and just as the DC area does after a win, they do the same after a loss - overreact.  In the grand scheme of thing, it's 1 game.  Sure they got their asses handed to them and it was embarassing, but this team is historically bad after bye weeks and historically bad in MNF, so I expected this.  The only missing piece of the trifecta is that it wasn't at home.  They were also playing an explosive team at home where the QB was going to break one of the greatest records of all time and it was clear as **** that the NFL wanted him to break it too. 

Sure I wanted them to win, but in the back of my head I knew they really had no chance.  The Saints are just a better team.  And the Redskins just laid a dud.

3 minutes ago, purbeast said:

My post game feelings is that last night was a terrible game, and just as the DC area does after a win, they do the same after a loss - overreact.  In the grand scheme of thing, it's 1 game.  Sure they got their asses handed to them and it was embarassing, but this team is historically bad after bye weeks and historically bad in MNF, so I expected this.  The only missing piece of the trifecta is that it wasn't at home.  They were also playing an explosive team at home where the QB was going to break one of the greatest records of all time and it was clear as **** that the NFL wanted him to break it too. 

Sure I wanted them to win, but in the back of my head I knew they really had no chance.  The Saints are just a better team.  And the Redskins just laid a dud.

So you're saying that the team is bad every time they play on Monday night, and not a very good football team... but it's cool...

Did I get that right?

I mean I expected it, too. But that doesn't make it okay.

Winning before the bye almost ensured Jay would run the same game plan. Ain't broke, don't fix it.

But our run game immediately broke when AP went down, and he had nothing else at the ready. If he wanted to run the ball, he should have immediately replaced AP with Bibbs and kept running.  It was easy to predict we would be in a shootout, and Jay and our offense looked ill prepared. Things like hurry up, using 2 QBs at once, are no longer considered radical things. But they are a foreign concept in Jay's predictable slow play try to beat you straight up offense.

The saints were running tight man, and scheming pressure with delay stunts, while we play zone and rush in our lanes getting no pressure at all. It was like chess vs checkers, aggressive vs passive.

Sprinkle got an awful lot of snaps with nothing to show for it. Maybe his run blocking was dominating, or its all about trying to keep Reed healthy and from taking holding penalties, but it seems like a tell in our offense.

Just now, KDawg said:

So you're saying that the team is bad every time they play on Monday night, and not a very good football team... but it's cool...

Did I get that right?

I mean I expected it, too. But that doesn't make it okay.

Apathy has set in my friend.

I had flashbacks to the last playoff game, when I was shouting at my TV set for that jerkoff Shanahan to take RG3 out of the game. This time it was dumbass Gruden throwing our offensive MVP and oft injured Chris Thompson repeatedly into harm's way to pad stats in a game that was already way over.  Of course he got hurt, just in time for a short week.

Everyone is all over Alex Smith, but I don't blame him all that much.  Cam Jordan, and the stunts the saints ran let them get pressure with only five guys meaning he was throwing into dime coverage nearly every time.   Everyone from Trent over to Moses should be ashamed of that.... The one sack where Jordan feints inside and Moses totally fell for it.... is an epitomy of this team.  Calahan is an overrated coach frankly.  Fire his butt, but you know its hard holding him responsible when all he has is a few interior turds to polish.  And Brandon Scherif had better find a way to man up or be called the biggest bust here since... wow  how long has it been?

The flag on Montae broke the team. We seemed to be doing ok on both sides of the ball until that play. The game went from in able to over when their defense got the lead. They attacked Alex every play after that. Our secondary sucks and our Oline sucks. I will continue to say this over and over Draft an O line. Williams is tired man. 

Until they figure out the O-Line, specifically LG, this team is going to be ****. 

KDawg mentioned that Smith got 2 people injured by throwing them into punishing tackles.  Actually, it was 3.  He almost got AP IR'ed for the year with the 2nd play of the game.

If Jay was fired today, I would not weep one bit, his inability to get a team ready with 2 weeks every year is inexcusable.  Seriously, winning the first game of the season was like a playoff win to most people here.

9 minutes ago, sempre_victrix said:

Until they figure out the O-Line, specifically LG, this team is going to be ****. 

KDawg mentioned that Smith got 2 people injured by throwing them into punishing tackles.  Actually, it was 3.  He almost got AP IR'ed for the year with the 2nd play of the game.

If Jay was fired today, I would not weep one bit, his inability to get a team ready with 2 weeks every year is inexcusable.  Seriously, winning the first game of the season was like a playoff win to most people here.

I was counting Peterson and Thompson. Who else did he almost IR?

57 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I realize this was tongue in cheek, but if you want to talk about legit best players on this team...

DJ Swearinger, Vernon Davis, Daron Payne, Chris Thompson and Adrian Peterson.

Those are our best players.

Allen is better than all of them lol.

12 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

The flag on Montae broke the team. We seemed to be doing ok on both sides of the ball until that play. The game went from in able to over when their defense got the lead. They attacked Alex every play after that. Our secondary sucks and our Oline sucks. I will continue to say this over and over Draft an O line. Williams is tired man. 

It really did, the one camera angle showed Payne and other members of the Defense throwing up there hands I. disgust.  Unfortunately the avalanche came from the Saints and from the entire redskins team confidence being shot.  It would be very deflating to stop Brees twice only to have the efforts short circuited by penalties.  

Just now, JoggingGod said:

Allen is really ****ing good. He is on another level compared to everyone else on the defense. Payne Dunbar and Matt I are also pretty good this season. The rest suck.

I can buy that. I don't know if Allen is better than Payne. I'd say they're both monsters. I maintain our interior issue is ILB.

Ion has been solid. Dunbar has been decent at worst. Swearinger has been good.

Ya know - I'm not watching much football this year. I don't have a TV or a personal computer (only this work computer). My non-football fan girlfriend moved in relatively recently so I'm trying to spend time with her. Plus, I joined a bowling league for the first time in about a decade and I'm trying to practice at least 2 times a week (been working out for me, too! My team's in first place right now!) On top of all that, I have...complicated feelings about the 'Skins (and football as a whole) and I'm not really trying to even follow them this year. 

I say all this to say that after waking up this morning and checking the score, all I could do was let out a sigh and affirmative nod. I made the right decision.  

It's not the loss, it's the embarrassing fashion in which they go about it.. I don't think anyone really felt like we'd win that game, but they couldn't even compete, as the division leaders, on MNF? The anger has faded, it's just rooting for sad-sack team now.. ?

Of all the things I'm not surprised happened last night, Alex inaccuracy is.  That scares me, there was a point Crowder had inside position running into the endzone and Alex threw it at his feet.  Crowder through his hands up out of frustration, that film study is gonna have a lot of grumbling.  

Taking a day to breathe, there's no play call designed for passes thrown at someone feet.  They have to get that fixed, well be back in the stone age if we don't.  I blame Alex for this lose more then anyone else.

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Of all the things I'm not surprised happened last night, Alex inaccuracy is.  That scares me, there was a point Crowder had inside position running into the endzone and Alex threw it at his feet.  Crowder through his hands up out of frustration, that film study is gonna have a lot of grumbling.  

Taking a day to breathe, there's no play call designed for passes thrown at someone feet.  They have to get that fixed, well be back in the stone age if we don't.  I blame Alex for this lose more then anyone else.

Alex was not good last nite, no argument there, but holy cow the O line was bad.  This was the main reason for the inaccuracy by Alex.  Tough for any QB to stand there and be accurate knowing you are about to be hammered on every drop back.  

Here is my question to the head coach......why not call quick passes to offset the Saints pass rush???  Where is the in game adjustment??

Archived