Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gameday Thread

Simmsy

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

Watching these playoffs makes me realize just how damn far off the Redskins are from even being close to in contention.

Sad but true.  We have so many holes to fill starting with the head coach, QB, defensive coordinator, etc.. We need players and coaches in here with some fire and passion.  No more choir boy players, we need, as Doc Walker says "we need some thugs and junk yard dawgs" on our team.

After that, we have to learn how to win as a team.  We need to learn how to win big games.

6 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

I am sticking to the idea that at home, in the playoffs, The Saints are pretty much unbeatable. 

Would love if there is a stat out there that compiled the avg margin of victory from all their primetime and playoff games at the Superdome during the Brees/Payton era. Gotta be pretty damn good. That being said, I still dont trust  that **** when it comes to NFC East malarkey

12 hours ago, goskins10 said:

I have always operated under the assumption he is that arrogant, not just clueless. There are a lot of reports of interactions with Dan that suggest total arrogance on his part. Does not mean he can't also be clueless. The two are not mutually exclusive. I just lean towards arrogance more than clueless but you may well be right. 

Not surer which are worse - or if there is a better/worse. Bottom line is we are stuck with the worst owner in football, probably all of of professional sports. Really not seeing a bright light at the end of the tunnel - just another train about run over my hope for a better team. 

He might just be the worst combination, clueless and arrogant about it. 

On 1/6/2019 at 8:05 PM, Redskin4ever said:

That might be the thing that gets me to actually stop watching football. 

After watching Darrell Green give the Birds their Lombardi last year, a part of me died...and was extremely grateful hockey season was in full season. 

On 1/6/2019 at 8:03 PM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I still wish kickers were removed from the game. They’re worthless. I hate FGs and PATs. 

Battle for 59:55 only for some clown that steps on the field 3 times to decide the game. It’s dumb

I mean, we could always go back to having a lineman go out there and try to straight-on kick like

51zZVwL-KuL._SX355_.jpg

On 1/7/2019 at 3:22 PM, Mr. Sinister said:

Would love if there is a stat out there that compiled the avg margin of victory from all their primetime and playoff games at the Superdome during the Brees/Payton era. Gotta be pretty damn good. That being said, I still dont trust  that **** when it comes to NFC East malarkey

I was doing some research on ESPN and found this

A better way to measure home-field advantage is by using point differential at home versus the same margin on the road. Again, this measure doesn't paint the Superdome as a fortress. The Saints were actually better on the road, outscoring teams by 10.4 points per game away from home and 8.5 points per contest in New Orleans. Throw out the Panthers game and the Saints outscored visiting teams by 12.4 points per game, which is better, but a 1.0-point home-field advantage would still be well below the league average.

That's only the past 3 years and regular season games, but outscoring by 4 points more at home is pretty good!  USually you are spotted 3 points at home when figureing out the spread.

11 hours ago, thebluefood said:

Speaking of kicking footballs:

Just a reminder that it's hard. It's their job, yes, and their only job.

But it's hard. 

I am a pathetic athlete, but I used to practice trying to kick field goals off a tee on our high school practice field when I was around 20 years old (the field was across the street from my house).  I could occasionally hit from 30 yards ( the 20 yard line).  Of course, you can kick much farther from a tee than having someone hold for you on the ground... and it is nice to be able to have the ball angled perfectly like you want it... and it is nice to be able to wait until the exact moment you want to start the approach... and it is nice to not have 11 guys who are much bigger than you trying to stop the kick... and it was nice not having the pressure of anyone watching me.... But yeah, I could make a 30 yard FG sometimes when kicking off a tee.  

So, I got that going for me.

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

3 batted balls in a row.  3 by the DL, 1 pass defense.

i missed the first drive but I’d think the colts might want to mix a little run in...

They went run, run, pass the first drive. Lost yards on 1st down then a 10 yard run.

They're not going to bat down half his passes today, that's just bad luck (sorry for the pun).

Archived