Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gameday Thread

Simmsy

12 minutes ago, BleedBNG said:

Nothing embarrasses Snyder when it comes to the Redskins, because frankly, he doesn't care.

True. Then anything that will drive the few remaining fans away or even boo and hiss louder.

Even the Rams winning would be fine. McVay becoming a huge sucess after he leaves this hellhole is great too.

2 minutes ago, dyst said:

True. Then anything that will drive the few remaining fans away or even boo and hiss louder.

Even the Rams winning would be fine. McVay becoming a huge sucess after he leaves this hellhole is great too.

Yeah, I'm happy for McVay. I'd feel bad for him if he had taken over Grudens spot for HC. Nothing this owner can do (short of a new GM and sticking duct tape to his mouth) would spell out any kind of success for Sean. Hoping the Rams take on the NFC to the SB.

57 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

But what about MY pain??? 

Wait....judging by your username I’m guessing you’re an eagles fan? 🤔

No.

and for every ounce of pain I feel watching our division opponents win in the playoffs and win Super Bowls I hope Snyder feels a thousand times more. It’s a bad place to be, but that’s where I’m at. He’s destroying my love for my team. The bitterness is palpable.

44 minutes ago, BleedBNG said:

Nothing embarrasses Snyder when it comes to the Redskins, because frankly, he doesn't care.

I disagree.  I think he cares. I also think he rationally knows that winning will make him MORE money.  Which I'm sure he would want.

I also don't question that he has the desire to have a winning franchise, and he'd love to win a SB, and he'd like to be a liked figure. 

What he doesn't understand is that he is to blame for the mess we're in, and he also has no idea how to get out of it.

The fascinating thing is that the last 10 years are against type.  He's much more of an impulsive, splashy type of guy.  The last time this team did anything splashy was trading for Griffin.  And that was 7 years ago now.  Since then it's been bland Bruce and bland Jay, and a whole lot of "meh."

If I was advising him, I'd tell him to give up the patience and go back to the way he was.  It won't work either, but it was a hell of a lot more interesting tracking Redskins 1 going all over the place and over-paying for people.  :)

(Btw, that's a joke.  Kinda.  The first piece of real advice is to find a solid GM and trust them to run the football ops. But if he can't do that, bring back Vinny, gas up the plane, tell Eric to sharpen his pencil, and let's go trade for Brown and Bell, sign every FA, and blow up the cap baby.  Bring it on!

4 minutes ago, Leonard Washington said:

It’s a good thing the skins didn’t make the playoffs, we would have been embarrassed. 

The eagles and cowboys are representing the division well. We just don’t have the timely offense and defense that playoff teams seem to have. 

Thats why I wasn't on cloud nine when we had a win streak and people were already talking playoffs.  But when those playoff type teams rolled around on that back half of the schedule, we folded like chairs.  We have to learn how to win games period or we will be sitting home again next year.

I feel like the Eagles would be dumb to let Foles walk.  Trade damaged goods Wentz instead, to oh I don't know, us.

Wentz for our 1st in 19 and 20 Payne and Guice - which would be a Skins grade overpay for a guy a team is trying to get rid of, like KC was with Alex Smith. The only piece missing is Andy Reid masterminding it all.

17 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I disagree.  I think he cares. I also think he rationally knows that winning will make him MORE money.  Which I'm sure he would want.

I used to give him the doubt for a lot of years. But I've come to the conclusion now that he just does not care. If he did he would do the one thing he's never tried for all these years... hire a competent GM, and stay out of the personnel side of it. He couldn't even try it for one year. Like i've said before, he just refuses to do what the fans want him to do. There is something selfish and weaselly about that kind of attitude towards the very people who love the team as much as he does. If the way he has run this organization so far means he cares, I wish he would start caring a lot less.

2 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

They really just boo’d the poor guy off the field. Wow. 

I still wish kickers were removed from the game. They’re worthless. I hate FGs and PATs. 

Battle for 59:55 only for some clown that steps on the field 3 times to decide the game. It’s dumb

Then you'd only ever have touchdowns and teams would be punting from the 30 yard line.  No, kickers serve an important role in the high drama of the game. 

and I've gone out and tried to kick a field goal.  Let's just say I'd need a great deal of well timed wind to hit a 40 yard attempt. 

11 minutes ago, Destino said:

Then you'd only ever have touchdowns and teams would be punting from the 30 yard line.  No, kickers serve an important role in the high drama of the game. 

and I've gone out and tried to kick a field goal.  Let's just say I'd need a great deal of well timed wind to hit a 40 yard attempt. 

Besides that, what would be the point in calling it "football" if there were no kickers ?

Would we call it Armball ? No, couldn't get used to that.

41 minutes ago, BleedBNG said:

I used to give him the doubt for a lot of years. But I've come to the conclusion now that he just does not care. If he did he would do the one thing he's never tried for all these years... hire a competent GM, and stay out of the personnel side of it. He couldn't even try it for one year. Like i've said before, he just refuses to do what the fans want him to do. There is something selfish and weaselly about that kind of attitude towards the very people who love the team as much as he does. If the way he has run this organization so far means he cares, I wish he would start caring a lot less.

I think he thinks he’s done exactly what the fans want by hiring Bruce, who he thinks is a competent football guy and he has no idea why it’s not working, and therefore buys the injuries are the only reason we’re losinn excuses.

Im not giving him the benefit of anything.  I think he just is clueless that the biggest issue is he hires and trusts the wrong people.

35 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Besides that, what would be the point in calling it "football" if there were no kickers ?

Would we call it Armball ? No, couldn't get used to that.

Well it’s not called football based on feet touching ball which maybe happens 10 times a game

48 minutes ago, Destino said:

There would be no need to punt from the 30. Just go for it. 

I didnt say kicking was easy, just that its worthless to decide games by the lowest paid players on the team that see the field less than anyone 

lets decide NBA games by bringing the 11th man off the bench and let him shoot a 45foot 3 for the win. 

34 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

There would be no need to punt from the 30. Just go for it. 

You’re lying to yourself.  Pinning a team deep will usually be a more attractive option than going for it on 4th and impossible.

I didnt say kicking was easy, just that its worthless to decide games by the lowest paid players on the team that see the field less than anyone 

lets decide NBA games by bringing the 11th man off the bench and let him shoot a 45foot 3 for the win. 

You’re acting like kickers sit idle until the games end.  9 of Chicago’s 15 points were from field goals.  Kicking kept the Bears in this game, and the eagles tipping the kick attempt ended the game.

Removing kickers would lead to more ties, more shut outs, and less dramatic moments.  No one wants that.

45 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I think he thinks he’s done exactly what the fans want by hiring Bruce, who he thinks is a competent football guy and he has no idea why it’s not working, and therefore buys the injuries are the only reason we’re losinn excuses.

Im not giving him the benefit of anything.  I think he just is clueless that the biggest issue is he hires and trusts the wrong people.

Yeah, I get what your saying. He's definitely clueless. Wish he was more into golf as a kid rather than football. Go buy some courses instead of a football team.

52 minutes ago, Destino said:

You’re lying to yourself.  Pinning a team deep will usually be a more attractive option than going for it on 4th and impossible.

You’re acting like kickers sit idle until the games end.  9 of Chicago’s 15 points were from field goals.  Kicking kept the Bears in this game, and the eagles tipping the kick attempt ended the game.

Removing kickers would lead to more ties, more shut outs, and less dramatic moments.  No one wants that.

Things that kill drama are teams like the Bears getting into FG range with 45 seconds left and settling for a FG instead of trying to score so some lousy two-bit player that sees the field 10% of the time can decide a game. It happens way too often.

I don’t think it’s good drama to have a random ass kicker come on to decide the fate of players, coaches and GMs 1000 times more important and better than he is. 

TDs are automatic 7pts unless you decide to go for 2. You gamble 1 pt and either end up with 6 or 8 if failed or converted. 

FGs are removed. Instead of chicken**** playcalling once teams hit some imaginary line on the field you’d have teams going for it more aggressively on 3rd and even 4th down. Or you punt and down them inside the 5 and count on your defense which is another type of drama. 

Hell, think of another way to reward 3pts if you want to keep that in just have it involve the players and not some worthless kicker 

Theyre a flaw in the game to me 

7 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I have always operated under the assumption he is that arrogant, not just clueless. There are a lot of reports of interactions with Dan that suggest total arrogance on his part. Does not mean he can't also be clueless. The two are not mutually exclusive. I just lean towards arrogance more than clueless but you may well be right. 

Not surer which are worse - or if there is a better/worse. Bottom line is we are stuck with the worst owner in football, probably all of of professional sports. Really not seeing a bright light at the end of the tunnel - just another train about run over my hope for a better team. 

Archived