Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gameday Thread

Simmsy

I hate the eagles won, but that was a crazy ending to a defensive battle.  Very fun to watch.  

Nick Foles is bizarrely only clutch.  Playoffs only.  When there’s no pressure he’s mediocre, but the higher it ramps up the better he gets.  He was slinging fire on that last drive.  

5 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I’m not a huge fan of the way they’ve handled the clock the last 45 seconds.

Yeah, they really botched the clock on that last possession. I swear coaches turn to jelly late in games. They get the great catch and get into FG range and then they just settle. You could also tell they had not practiced these situations. Trubisky kept looking over to the sideline asking what to do. I wanted the Bears to win, but part of me always takes joy when coaches rely so much on their kicker and it backfires. I've seen it time and time again. You know they were going to kick a FG there at some point, but I think they really botched the clock and kept them from getting a few more yards. 

Just now, NikeRedskin7 said:

Sorry.  Those are the rules.  We wouldn't think like that when we're on the other side of it!!

No, I would. This seems to be the only time when it negates a play. No one seems to call a timeout right before a hail mary. They've made so many other rule changes to "protect the integrity of the game", this should be another one.

wow...i had a feeling philly was somehow going to pull this out of their ass but for most of the game foles wasn't looking so magical...oh well

been getting to see several relatively recently cut 'skins in the playoffs on other teams 

survivors

3 hours ago, Simmsy said:

I'm sorry, there need to be rules about icing the kicker. There needs to be a time limit before you can call timeout.

I am okay with the rule. Chess move/strategy. What Parkey should have done not actually kick the ball and just take a swing without putting his foot on the ball as he heard the whistle before actually kicking the ball. He psyched himself out on the 2nd attempt because he made the 1st one. Figure he can do it again for the 1st time. That didn't work out for him. 

2 minutes ago, Redskin4ever said:

Yeah, they really botched the clock on that last possession. I swear coaches turn to jelly late in games. They get the great catch and get into FG range and then they just settle. You could also tell they had not practiced these situations. Trubisky kept looking over to the sideline asking what to do. I wanted the Bears to win, but part of me always takes joy when coaches rely so much on their kicker and it backfires. I've seen it time and time again. You know they were going to kick a FG there at some point, but I think they really botched the clock and kept them from getting a few more yards. 

True - that clock management was Grudenesque.

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Nibbs McPimpin said:

Agreed. It's been years and we've had snaps and kicks that could have changed games. You should only be allowed to call TO before holder is set

Yeah, I thought about that a few years ago. I can't remember which year it was, but it used to be really bad. It doesn't seem like coaches call them as much any more. And the kicker used to get a free practice in those situations, To which I always said if I was on defense, I'd run in and stand in front of him to block it so he couldn't get a free practice kick. 

Anyway, I think that once the kicker is set, you shouldn't be able to call a timeout. Not because I think it's unfair, but because I think it's stupid they call timeouts right at the snap. That wasn't the case today and it worked out for the Eagles, but I still don't like the rule. 

Archived