Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gameday Thread

Simmsy

Saying the "Call Stands" is the only fair result. 

It may not be the "correct" result, but I'd rather see "fair" over he's down at the 4 yard line when the NFL refs blew the play dead when the ball hit the ground. 

This is on the Eagles for not picking up the ball, and it cost their team 3 points. 

This is also on the Bears WR for not picking up the ball, and it may have cost his team a TD.

3 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

This is on the Eagles for not picking up the ball, and it cost their team 3 points. 

This is also on the Bears WR for not picking up the ball, and it may have cost his team a TD.

This is true. I forgot the Bears could have picked it up also.

I actually thing Collingworth - McCauley - Micheals should be ripped for not pointing out that it's actually a fair ruling.  

Ruling that either team recovered a fumble that none of them recovered seems as bad as anything else -- so yes, because no one jumped on the ball (amazing to me that no one did think to jump on the ball -- which is the real crime) the result of the play stands.  

This game is so confusing to me.  I keep telling myself that I want Philly to win, because I think that gives the Cowboys a better chance going forward.  But, I find myself cheering when Philly turns the ball over, or when the Bears get a first down.  My logic can't convince my emotions to root for Philly.

2 minutes ago, Nerm said:

This game is so confusing to me.  I keep telling myself that I want Philly to win, because I think that gives the Cowboys a better chance going forward.  But, I find myself cheering when Philly turns the ball over, or when the Bears get a first down.  My logic can't convince my emotions to root for Philly.

My emotions would never root for the Eagles. Even if the Skins were moving on.

1 minute ago, Redskins Reparations said:

It looks like Michael Bennett wears youth shoulder pads.

I swear during the Week 17 game the announcers said he doesn't even wear shoulder pads, which is weird because I would have thought it would be an NFL uniform violation, but maybe pads themselves are all optional.  You'd think it would increase likelihood of getting injured, but I also have to think not wearing shoulder pads gives him more freedom and lateral movement for his arms which would seem like an advantage.

Archived