Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Racism in America.... Is it worse now after the 2016 election?

brandymac27

1 minute ago, redskins59 said:

They don't care about losing business I suppose.

I had a home inspector come to a house I was about to buy.  The first thing he does is remove his mask because he thinks it's a hoax.  Uhh, okay.  Then for the entirety of 2 hours he is inspecting my house, he is complaining about all sorts of bad things liberal.  Did you know that BLM was trying to change the words "master bedroom"?

I paid the guy.  I had to buy the house. Didn't want any arguments.  So I just nodded and listened. 

I'm going to be late typing this, but I want to get this out before I leave the house (I don't have much to do today anyways). I also don't understand why these kind of people think that others agree with them or would want to hear their opinion. I'm a liberal, but out in public or with strangers, I keep my views to myself. I'm working with a lady who has a Biden/Harris and BLM signs in her front yard, we haven't talked politics once. It just doesn't come up in the conversations that we've had. I don't understand why these maga hats think that anyone and everyone wants to hear their moronic logic (or lack thereof). 

Typed that out in record time, hope that made sense.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

I think we're going to have to have a complete and deep study of these people to see what the hell is wrong with them.

I have to say it again. 

I always thought '16 would go to Jeb!...just because that was the "normal" voice of the GOP.  (And again, in all honesty, I would have been JUST FINE with that compared to what we're having to deal with now.) 

I have absolutely no doubt that he wouldn't have been impeached for anything.  Would've put a few "yes-men" in there, but more than likely knew fact from fiction, would never have spun lies that cost peoples' lives, and having a diverse family, wouldn't be a flat-out racist. 

If the GOP can just get back to normal...they might have a voice in the future. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

I don't understand why these maga hats think that anyone and everyone wants to hear their moronic logic (or lack thereof). 

They know you don't. They just want attention.

I can go on facebook or whatever right now and say how awesome is it that Walmart has Progresso soup on sale. 

Or I can say MAGA and then have thousands of people across the world to talk too. (even non-people) 

• Like 4

Black couple refused entry to Umi Sushi in Buckhead over their sneakers

ATLANTA — There are calls for a boycott from the community, including rapper TI, of a popular Buckhead sushi restaurant after a Black couple says they were discriminated against and refused service because of their sneakers.

The now viral video has 160,000 views on Kaylan Colbert’s Instagram account. She posted earlier this week that she and her husband went to Umi Sushi for a birthday dinner.

According to Colbert, her husband was refused service because he was wearing Nike Air Force 1 shoes, which is apparently against the restaurant’s dress code. But in the video she recorded herself, Colbert showed a white woman sitting at the restaurant’s bar wearing silver tennis shoes.

When the couple confronted the restaurant’s workers about the apparent double standard, they were asked to leave the restaurant, video showed.

Click on the link for the full article

Professor Glaude does not get the attention and credit he deserves. 

When I see people that are better than me, clearly, undeniably smarter or more morally centered or artistic or whatever, I do not feel jealousy by being held to that standard and coming up short. I aspire to be a better person in their reflection.

Professor Glaude is one of those people.

5fa3f4cade1d8.jpg.bc59db8d87e23fdf8b9486028a8e1be3.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Yea, Glaude is one of the men I aspire to be more like as I get more wise and more educated. Im going to be sure to have a son or daughter that is raised knowing men like him existed. My mom used to make me do book reports on black authors and leaders when I was a kid. I wasn't smart enough to pick up what she was trying to guide me to then. Im going to be sure that im smart enough to at least attempt to do the same with her grandchildren.  

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

Church identified as hate group gets permit in Minnesota

MURDOCK, Minn. -- The city council in a small Minnesota farming community has voted to grant a permit that allows a controversial Nordic heritage church that has been identified as a white supremacist group to gather at an abandoned church.

The vote Wednesday night came after the council in the Swift County community of Murdock was advised by the city attorney that rejecting the Asatru Folk Assembly’s request could violate its religious rights. The AFA wants to turn the former Lutheran church into a Midwest regional gathering hall.

Council members, meeting online because of the coronavirus pandemic, kept video cameras turned off and refused to identify who voted for or against the permit. It was passed on a voice vote without a roll call, the Star Tribune reported. One member of the five-person council could be heard voting no.

City Attorney Don Wilcox told council members that they faced possible legal action if they voted against the AFA based on its beliefs.

“There are certain constitutional protections that apply to religions,” Wilcox said. “I haven’t seen any evidence sufficient to overcome the presumption that they are a religion, whether you agree with it or not.

“There’s not a compelling interest in keeping that building from being used for meetings,” he added. “Just because you don’t like it doesn’t mean they can’t do it.”

The group has sparked a wave of activism in Murdock, a community of about 300 about 115 miles (185 kilometers) west of the Twin Cities. After the AFA purchased the church earlier this year for $45,000, area residents formed a group called the Murdock Area Alliance Against Hate and have held several protests.

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...

Juan Williams: The GOP's problem with women of color

Most white men are Republicans.

Most women of color, especially Black women, are Democrats.

Now the overwhelmingly white, male, Republican Senate majority is aiming to reject one of President-elect Biden’s cabinet-level nominees. No surprise, that person is a woman of color — Neera Tanden.

If confirmed, Tanden would be the first non-white woman to serve as director of the Office of Management and Budget (OMB).

But she is far from the first woman of color in Washington to ignite ugly talk — especially about Black women as angry, unqualified and having an attitude.

Tanden is not alone in feeling the weight of this racism right now.

Another woman of color, Susan Rice, has long been smeared by Republicans in Congress with bogus claims that she knowingly lied about the 2011 attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya.

It is a commonly accepted fact of political life in Washington that Rice is branded with the GOP’s slander and will never be confirmed by a Republican Senate.

That is the case even though Rice has extraordinary credentials as a Rhodes scholar who served as assistant secretary of state, UN Ambassador and President Obama’s national security advisor.

Instead, Rice has been chosen to lead the Domestic Policy Council, a position that does not require Senate confirmation.

The GOP’s problems with Tanden and Rice are matched by the GOP’s disdain for another high profile woman of color, Vice President-elect Kamala Harris.

The first woman to win the vice presidency, Harris is a former California attorney general with a tough-on-crime reputation. Her law enforcement background hurt her with liberals in the Democratic primaries. But among white male Republicans, Harris is viewed, in the words of President Trump, as a scary “radical.”

Even worse, Trump depicted Harris after the vice presidential debate in October as “this monster that was onstage with [Vice President] Mike Pence…She was terrible…and totally unlikeable.”

Strange, but most polls named Harris the debate winner. She also has better favorability ratings than Trump.

Trump’s put-downs of Black women are near-constant.

He called Rep. Maxine Waters (D-Calif.) a “low-IQ individual.” He demeaned his former White House aide, Omarosa Manigault Newman, as “that dog.”

And Trump, in an act of pure projection of his own racism, labeled the four Democratic women of color in Congress known as “The Squad” as “a very Racist group of troublemakers who are…not very smart.”

He also told Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.), Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.), Ayanna Pressley (D-Mass.) and Rashida Tlaib (D-Mich.), to “go back” to where they came from, apparently without realizing three of the four were born in the USA — and all four are American citizens.

Trump’s demonizing of Black women is now a model for other white Republicans.

Click on the link for the rest

• 3 weeks later...

For the 1st Time in Over 100 Years, Virginia Won’t Celebrate Lee-Jackson Day. Trust Me, It’s Exactly as Racist as It Sounds

So, we need to have a serious conversation about how Virginia might take the cake for most racist state in the union. For the first time in over 100 years, the state won’t celebrate Lee-Jackson day, and yes, the holiday is related to the Confederacy.

According to CNN, the holiday is named after Robert E. Lee and Thomas “Stonewall” Jackson, two Confederate generals who are celebrated as “defenders of the causes.” Somehow, the racist holiday managed to be even more racist given that it was celebrated the Friday before Martin Luther King Jr. Day.

The cancellation comes after state lawmakers passed a bill last February that made Election Day a state holiday by swapping it for Lee-Jackson Day. “We need to make Election Day a holiday,” Virginia Governor Ralph Northam said last year. “We can do it by ending the Lee-Jackson holiday that Virginia holds ... It commemorates a lost cause. It’s time to move on.”

Of course, defenders of the holiday argued against its cancellation with the age old “it’s part of our heritage” excuse. Maybe I’m just weird, but if my heritage involved committing treason against a country I claimed to love, I’d be a bit less celebratory about it.

Despite the holiday no longer being officially recognized, the city of Lexington, Va., still plans to hold events celebrating Lee-Jackson Day. The website encourages people to wave their Confederate flags as “many people will be downtown displaying Confederate Flags in support of our history.” Lest you think that this isn’t political and is just people “celebrating their heritage,” the site also mentions that “Black Confederate’s grave’s[sic] that are the last monuments to the past for the Left to desecrate.” (Never mind that Black Confederate soldiers don’t exist.)

White Army vet charged in shooting Black girl at Trump rally

A white military veteran shot and wounded a 15-year-old girl when he fired his gun into a car carrying four Black teenagers during a tense confrontation at a rally in support of President Donald Trump near the Iowa Capitol last month.

Michael McKinney, 25, is charged with attempted murder in the Dec. 6 shooting in Des Moines. McKinney, who was heavily armed and wearing body armor, told police he fired the shot in self-defense. A resident of tiny St. Charles, Iowa, McKinney has posted on Facebook in support of the far-right Proud Boys and against Black Lives Matter.

The teen driver’s mother said the girls argued with Trump supporters about politics and were subjected to racial slurs. Rallygoers blamed the teens for starting the confrontation, saying they were harassing and threatening the crowd.

The girls’ car ended up surrounded by Trump supporters who were yelling and honking horns before the driver went in reverse and struck a pickup. It’s unclear whether the collision was accidental. McKinney told police he fired at that point to protect himself.

An investigator says in court documents that McKinney does not appear to be among those rallygoers who exchanged words with the girls before the shooting. Bystander video obtained by police shows McKinney approaching the vehicle, pulling a handgun from his waistband and firing into the car from 15 feet (4.5 meters) away, according to court documents.

A viral video forced a wealthy Texas suburb to confront racism. A 'silent majority' fought back.

Robin Cornish was at work in the fall of 2018 when she got a text message from another parent. It was a link to a video showing several white high school students laughing as they filmed themselves shouting the N-word at a party.

One of the students in the video had shared it on Snapchat, and now it was going viral.

Cornish, a 51-year-old Black mother of five, recognized the girl leading the chant as the younger sibling of one of her son’s former friends. Cornish was upset as she watched the 8-second clip, she said, but she wasn’t surprised.

This was Southlake, Texas, after all.

The elite, mostly white suburb 30 miles northwest of Dallas has a reputation as one of the best places in the country to raise a family, thanks in large part to its highly ranked public school system: The Carroll Independent School District, home of the Dragons, where the median home costs $650,000 and average SAT scores are good enough to get students into top-tier universities.

But the video of Carroll high schoolers shouting the N-word was about to expose another side of the fast-growing and quickly diversifying community, one that Cornish and other Black parents quietly referred to as Southlake’s “dirty secret.”

This was the city where, on the day after Rosa Parks died in 2005, elementary school children told Cornish’s four oldest kids “now you have to sit in the back of the bus,” she said. It’s where a sixth grade boy once joked with her son: “How do you get a Black out of a tree? You cut the rope.” It’s where, weeks after her husband died suddenly in 2008, a white boy on the football team told her son, “Your mom is only voting for Obama because your dad is dead and she's going to need welfare.”

This past summer — nearly two years after the viral video — the school board unveiled a plan that would require diversity and inclusion training for all students as part of the K-12 curriculum, while amending the student code of conduct to specifically prohibit acts of discrimination, referred to in the document as “microaggressions.”

Within days, outraged parents — most of them white — formed a political action committee and began packing school board meetings to voice their strong opposition. Some denounced the diversity plan as “Marxist” and “leftist indoctrination” designed to “fix a problem that doesn’t exist.” The opponents said they, too, wanted all students to feel safe at Carroll, but they argued that the district's plan would instead create “diversity police” and amounted to “reverse racism” against white children.

• 4 weeks later...

California Realtor Loses Job After Racist Video Harassing Asian Woman Goes Viral

What happened: On Wednesday, a social media user who goes by “Em” shared the video in a now-deleted tweet.

At around 5 p.m., Em claimed she walked down her street near Montana Avenue and Bundy Drive.

She felt threatened by a man accompanied by two large dogs.

According to Em, she, “stopped to look at [her] phone when this man came out of his home & verbally assaulted [her].” She noted that he did not wear a face mask.

As Em backed away from the man, he continues to approach her as seen in the video.

Em claimed she was ignored when she asked for help from someone walking nearby.

She recorded the man as he said, “No one’s going to pay attention to you, ’cause you’re dumb, and you’re a stupid blue Asian-haired girl.”

He then held up his middle finger to her and swore at her.

• 2 weeks later...

Lowell School Committee member resigns after calling a former employee a “kike” on live TV

School Committee member Robert Hoey Jr., who referred to a former administrator at the Lowell Public Schools as a “kike” on live cable access TV on Wednesday, announced his resignation on Friday in a video posted on Facebook.

Hoey, who hosts the morning show “City Life” on Lowell Telecommunications Corporation cable access Channel 8, made the statement on the live program at around 6:35 a.m. while discussing school personnel. “We lost the kike, I mean the Jewish guy. I hate to say it but that’s what people used to say behind his back – Gary Frisch … He was the guy in charge of our budget,” said Hoey.

Since the program aired, the clip of the anti-Semitic slur has been widely circulated on social media throughout the country, and Hoey has been under pressure to resign. Hours after Hoey’s comments were broadcast, Lowell Mayor John Leahy requested that the Lowell City Council and the School Committee hold a joint meeting to demand the immediate resignation of Hoey “for offensive conduct that shocks the conscience.”

Hanging KKK flag next to Black family’s home ‘unfortunately’ not a crime, prosecutor says

A Michigan prosecutor declined to file charges against a man who displayed a Ku Klux Klan flag in a window facing a Black family’s home while condemning the action as “despicable, traumatizing and completely unacceptable,” The Associated Press reports.

The act, “unfortunately,” does not violate state law, said Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy, who is Black. She encouraged the state legislature to revise or create laws to protect citizens against this type of “horrible conduct,” according to the report. As the laws are written, an ethnic intimidation charge would require physical contact, property damage or threats of those activities, she said.

About two weeks ago, the KKK flag was hung inside a home next door to 57-year-old JeDonna Dinges’ home in Grosse Pointe Park, AP reports. The flag was placed directly across from her dining room.

1 hour ago, China said:

The act, “unfortunately,” does not violate state law, said Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy, who is Black. She encouraged the state legislature to revise or create laws to protect citizens against this type of “horrible conduct,” according to the report. As the laws are written, an ethnic intimidation charge would require physical contact, property damage or threats of those activities, she said.

The KKK flag is "a threat of those activities". 

• Like 2