Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Racism in America.... Is it worse now after the 2016 election?

brandymac27

On 6/16/2020 at 11:03 AM, Mr. Sinister said:

This is unfortunate 

yeah, i just saw it and only cuz i got  a mod notice that it went down and pcs was there

it's often a drag when someone you're fine with otherwise drops some bomb that makes ya have to seriously adjust

reading thru to see the wreck i saw koala mention kilmer and it reminded me of the games people play, particularly on the internet...it's so easy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

yeah, i just saw it and only cuz i got  a mod notice that it went down and pcs was there

it's often a drag when someone you're fine with otherwise drops some bomb that makes ya have to seriously adjust

reading thru to see the wreck i saw koala mention kilmer and it reminded me of the games people play, particularly on the internet...it's so easy

Reminds me of a guy I used to work with in my odd job days. Seemed like a pretty grounded,  common sense kind of guy,  until around the time B-Rock got the democratic nomination.

Dude just went in on him one evening. "Unqualified! Worst mistake ever! Trash senator!" We pressed him and asked him exactly what he didn't like about Obama, and he kinda beat around the bush until he blurted out "The White House should stay white"

Totally floored me how dude seemed fine for the 2 years that I knew him, and suddenly it was like a cliff dive. Needless to say, I never ****ed with him after that.

• Like 1

Federal employee put on leave after confronting teen girls in 'disturbing' video

A federal employee was put on leave after he was seen in a video shouting at three teens in a Florida neighborhood and telling one, who is black, that she doesn't "belong" there. A Homeland Security official confirmed to ABC News on Friday that the man is employed by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.

The video begins with the man in the street, pointing at the girls and asking for their names.

"You don't belong in this development," the man, who is white, says in a video posted by the Palm Beach Post and circulated widely online.

The girl seen in the video goes inside to get help as the man walks back and forth across the street of the Wellington gated community.

Soon after, Tony Nelson, the girl's grandfather, walks down the driveway to confront the man. Nelson later said he was "shocked" by the man's aggressive behavior in the video.

Reached over the phone by ABC News, Nelson said he wasn't immediately ready to accept an apology.

"It's going to take time and he's not going to be forgiven until we see some action in our community," he said. "We have a long way to go."

A statement from USCIS on Thursday said the agency was investigating the video and described it as "certainly disturbing."

Joseph Edlow, USCIS deputy director for policy, said in a statement the man was put on administrative leave following the incident.

Click on the link for the full article

On 6/17/2020 at 9:45 AM, Rdskns2000 said:

Will all the cities named Columbus change their names?  If were are going to eliminate all things that are perceived to offensive or ties to racist past; then sport teams names, have to be part of that.

As for the original question; it's more visable now but it's always been there. With the racist in chief getting elected; that made the racists more comfortable in no longer hiding their views.

Will it get better? Maybe? Thing is, in 20 years; whites will be a majority- minority race.  While whites will still be in the majority; there will be more non-whites than whites.  I don't think the racists still around then, will take that kindly.

Majority-minority? The term your were looking for is plurality. 

• Like 1

Black graduate student target of racist rant while walking in New York

A Black graduate student said she was the target of a white woman's racist tirade that she silently recorded Saturday afternoon in New York City. She is asking the public's help in identifying the woman.

The student, Kathryn Graves, uploaded video of the encounter to her Facebook and Instagram accounts Sunday.

A Black graduate student said she was the target of a white woman's racist tirade that she silently recorded Saturday afternoon in New York City. She is asking the public's help in identifying the woman.

The student, Kathryn Graves, uploaded video of the encounter to her Facebook and Instagram accounts Sunday.

VIDEO

On 6/22/2020 at 12:13 AM, Rdskns2000 said:

That's the term that's used when describe the future status of whites. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Majority_minority

Census shows white decline, nonwhite majority among youngest

For the generation of Americans not yet old enough to drive, the demographic future has arrived.

For the first time, nonwhites and Hispanics were a majority of people under age 16 in 2019, an expected demographic shift that will grow over the coming decades, according to figures released by the U.S. Census Bureau on Thursday.

“We are browning from bottom up in our age structure,” said William Frey, a senior fellow at The Brookings Institution. “This is going to be a diversified century for the United States, and it’s beginning with this youngest generation.”

At the same time, the number of non-Hispanic whites in the U.S. has gotten smaller in the past decade as deaths surpassed births in this aging demographic, according to the Census Bureau population estimates.

Since 2010, the number of whites who aren't Hispanic had dropped by more than 16,600 people. But the decline has been escalating in the past three years, with the number of non-Hispanic whites dropping by more than a half million people from 2016 to 2019, according to the Census Bureau population estimates.

In 2019, a little under 40% of the total U.S. population was either nonwhite or Hispanic. Non-Hispanic whites are expected to be a minority of the U.S. population in about 25 years.

• Like 1

Woman Who Praised KKK Apologizes, Vows To Never Wave Confederate Flag Again

The Missouri woman who went viral for waving a Confederate flag, praising the Ku Klux Klan and vowing to teach hate to her grandchildren while at a Black Lives Matter protest in Branson is apologizing. 

“I’m so, so sorry,” Kathy Jenkins told Ozarks First. “I mean, if it would help for me to stand with Black Lives Matter, I absolutely would do that.” 

Jenkins said she “blacked out” during the event and doesn’t remember what she said as anti-racism protesters gathered outside a store that sells Confederate merchandise. 

However, the moment was caught on a widely shared video as Jenkins ― decked out in a “Make America Great Again” cap and draped in a Confederate flag ― told the protesters she would teach her grandchildren to hate them.

“I’m teaching them to ****in’ hate all of you people,” she said, then she raised a fist and called out “KKK belief.”

Jenkins said she does not support the KKK.

“I wasn’t saying I’m KKK or for the KKK,” she told Ozarks First. “I was mocking them because I don’t like being called a racist.” 

She also said she lost her job and left Branson over the incident ― and promised to never wave a Confederate flag again. 

“I didn’t understand that the Confederate flag meant hate,” she told Ozarks First. “I don’t understand the whole history of the Confederate flag, but I’m learning.”

At least some of the protesters aren’t buying her apology. 

Man Fired After Blocking Latino Resident From Entering His Own Apartment Building

A San Francisco man was fired from his job and may need to find a new place to live after he was caught on film blocking Michael Barajas from entering the parking garage to his apartment building and demanding evidence that Barajas lives there. Because he’s Latino, has tattoos and was wearing black, Barajas believes that the white man, William Beasley, racially profiled him.

“His immediate reaction was ‘hey you f**king criminal, you’re not coming in here,'” Barajas told ABC News.

Black Family Flees From Mob Attacking Their Car Because White Woman Said She Owned It

An intense video showing a mob of white individuals surrounding and attacking a car with a Black family inside in Spokane, Washington went viral after the driver, Lee Allen, posted it online. The video begins in the parking lot of a Walmart as a white woman is standing in front of the vehicle, blocking Allen and his two children from leaving. As his daughter records, bystanders begin to gather as the woman repeatedly claims that the car belongs to her.

black-family-flees-mob-attacking-car-whi

Allen tries to drive around the woman but is stopped by another pedestrian who then stands ominously in front of the car with his hand inside the front of his jacket. Allen’s son calls 911 as more people gather around.

A man in a blue sweatshirt, identified by local media as Lawton Miller, then approaches the driver door and opens it.

“Just to explain something,” Miller says in the video, “This is her car.”

“This is not her car,” Allen says before yanking the door shut again. This immediately enrages Miller, who starts screaming profanities and demanding the family exit the vehicle. Multiple banging sounds can be heard as Allen’s daughter starts crying. Members of the crowd can be seen banging on the windows, including one right next to the crying girl, and someone attacks the car with a bike.

Thankfully, the situation was resolved without anyone getting hurt. The Spokane County Sheriff’s Office told the local news station that the car did not belong to the white woman as she had claimed. Miller, meanwhile, claims that he followed the family because he was concerned for the safety of the man on the hood of the car.

Click on the link for the full story

• Sad 1

Carmel church pastor calls Black Lives Matter organizers 'maggots and parasites'

The priest of a Catholic church in Carmel is under fire for comparing the Black Lives Matter movement and its organizers to "maggots and parasites" in his weekly message. 

The newly-formed Carmel Against Racial Injustice group wants the Bishop of the Diocese of Lafayette-in-Indiana to remove Rev. Theodore Rothrock of St. Elizabeth Seton Catholic Church from leadership.

"The only lives that matter are their own and the only power they seek is their own," Rothrock wrote in his weekly message on Sunday, June 28. "They are wolves in wolves clothing, masked thieves and bandits, seeking only to devour the life of the poor and profit from the fear of others. They are maggots and parasites at best, feeding off the isolation of addiction and broken families, and offering to replace any current frustration and anxiety with more misery and greater resentment."

White Massachusetts man, 65, who tailed a black woman in his BMW convertible for two miles because she made him feel 'unsafe' in his neighborhood faces disorderly conduct charges

A white Massachusetts man who tailed a young black woman because he felt 'unsafe' while she was going to pick up dog food from a neighbor faces charges, according to police.

Paul Birkhauser, 65, of Groveland will be charged with disorderly conduct and disturbing the peace, the Groveland Police Department told The Daily News of Newburyport on Thursday.

Birkhauser, who records indicate once worked as director of architecture and engineering for Fresenius Medical Care, a kidney dialysis services company, was summonsed to appear in Haverhill District Court.

Twitter users who flagged the video were told by the company: 'Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We do not tolerate racism or discrimination and strictly prohibit it. 

Click on the link for the full article and video

Black Connecticut Hotel Clerk Assaulted And Called Racial Slurs By White Couple Over Hot Water Dispute  

>>>

Chrystal Caldwell is a 60-year-old Black woman who works at the Mystic Quality Inn in Stonington, Connecticut. On a recent shift, Caldwell received a phone call to the front desk from a guest complaining that their hot water was not working properly.

She offered to have someone come to try and repair it or to move the guests to a new room. Neither option was acceptable to them, apparently, because the guest called Caldwell an “old monkey” and told her that he was sending his girlfriend down “to kick your a$$.”

Caldwell hung up and notified the manager of the threat. She also notified housekeeping of the issue and got it fixed.

But the guest followed through with the threat. Repeatedly.

By the time all was said and done, Caldwell ended up beaten by the guests multiple times. She suffered a concussion, was kicked and punched over and over, and was called racial slurs.

Police did not arrest the couple before they left the hotel and went back to New York, even though they were present on scene and at the hospital and the hotel footage showed the attack.<<<

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2