Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Racism in America.... Is it worse now after the 2016 election?

brandymac27

On 2/27/2020 at 11:20 AM, China said:

The Black Emergency Response Team said many members would go on a hunger strike.

A few things.

1. Not sure if I want my acronym to remind everyone of a muppet character.

2. I've never understood the hunger strike in these instances.  If the college elects to ignore you, (I know, not the most PC idea in the world) are you really going to starve yourself because you didn't get a Popeye's on campus?  And you know, a new building takes awhile to build, even re-purposing an existing one into this multicultural center you were demanding would take months.  You going to stop eating until it is done?

Also, I'm just a bit skeptical of the complaints, one of them anyway.  The guy comparing the N-word to Ok Boomer....yeah, that guy is wrong.  But the other professor was reading a congressional document from the Senate written in the 1920's.  It is a historical document.  Without some context, I have a hard time believing there was any harm intended there.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Police investigate vandalism at Huntsville synagogue

HUNTSVILLE, Ala. - Someone vandalized a Huntsville synagogue overnight with anti-Semitic graffiti as Jewish people around the world began celebrating Passover.

Police are trying to figure out who spray painted swastikas and racial slurs on the building and sign at Etz Chayim synagogue on Bailey Cove Road.

Huntsville Police have confirmed they are looking into the vandalism. Leaders at the synagogue told us they have surveillance video that they are reviewing to see if they can determine who the criminal is.

Huntsville Mayor Tommy Battle took to social media calling the vandalism a "despicable act."

Click on the link for the full article

• 1 month later...

Cross Burning under investigation by Macon County Sheriff’s Office

MACON COUNTY, Ala. (WRBL) – A Cross Burning is under investigation by the Macon County Sheriff’s Office.

Sheriff Andre Brunson confirms Thursday night around 9:30 several motorists along Interstate 85 noticed a fire on the Country Road 54 overpass. The motorist pulled over and called 911.

Sheriff Brunson said when Macon County Deputies arrived, they were able to help extinguish the fire. Brunson says a makeshift wood cross had been set on fire on top of the bridge.

• Sad 1

Hesperia man hurts himself and lies to police about a hate crime involving 2 black men

HESPERIA, Calif. (VVNG.com) — A Hesperia man was arrested for a hate crime after he allegedly hurt himself and later reported a racially motivated assault involving two black males wearing masks, officials said.

On Tuesday, June 2, 2020, at 10:47 p.m., deputies assigned to the City of Victorville responded to the report of an assault with a deadly weapon at Victor Valley Hospital. 

Deputies contacted the alleged victim, 25-year-old Daniel Davis, who was being treated for lacerations to his face and body. 

According to a sheriff’s news release, Davis reported he was driving on Old Woman Springs Road in Johnson Valley when two vehicles boxed in his car, forcing him off the highway. 

“Davis alleged two black males wearing masks confronted him, vandalized his vehicle, and slashed him with razor blade knives while yelling racial slurs.  Davis then drove to Hesperia where he later reported the assault to Sheriff’s Dispatch.  Davis’ injuries were treated and he was released from the hospital,” stated the release.

On June 3, detectives from the Morongo Basin Station followed up on the case. During the investigation, detectives determined the allegations made against the two alleged suspects were falsified. 

“Davis had concocted the entire incident for personal reasons, damaging his own vehicle, and caused the injuries upon his own person,” stated sheriff’s officials.

The case was forwarded to the District Attorney’s Office for filing of charges.  An arrest warrant was issued for Davis for reporting the false assault and hate crime to law enforcement officials.

Looking back at the early back and forth in this thread between Kilmer and Brandymac was a perfect microcosm of the highly ineffective  manner in which racism has traditionally been discussed in America.  One side points out that racism is really terrible right now, and the other side responds by pointing to the abysmal past as some sort of proof of progress.  One side cites Philando Castille, the other responds by pointing out Jimmie Lee Jackson.  One side cites police brutality, the other side responds that things were much worse in the 1960's.  This type of thing has always been the case, develoving into argument where the two sides are speaking past each other.  You could go back to 1960, and that same argument would be taking place -- one side would cite segregation, the other side would says hey thats better than slavery. 

I hope these recent demonstrations mark a turning point in the discussion.  I hope we are mature enough to realize both that racism remains a cancer with the potential to destroy the entire society, while also recognizing that some progress has been made.  Not enough progress, not nearly enough -- but enough hopefully to encourage us to redouble our efforts to expunge racism from society.   When you have cancer, you dont stop when the tumor stops growing and there are signs its receding.  But you also dont discount the apparent progress therapy has made.  You either maintain, or preferably increase the dosage regimen -- thats your only shot at survival.

Edited by Koala
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Video shows woman standing behind Black mother's car, refusing to let her leave Kroger in Livonia

A Black woman who was caught in a confrontation with a white woman at a metro Detroit Kroger is sharing video of the interaction.

Shaneeka Montgomery-Strickland says she was just trying to leave the Livonia store on Saturday at Eight Mile and Farmington when the other woman stood behind her car and refused to leave.

"This needs to be known. You can't just stay hush hush about everything and keep on letting people get away with nonsense," Shaneeka says. 

The Southfield mother was grocery shopping with her three kids when she first came in contact with the woman inside the store. Shaneeka's son stepped on the bottom shelf to reach a bottle of Gatorade, apparently upsetting the other woman. 

"She said, 'Ohmygod, they went up to get they Gatorade and I'm trying to shop here.' It was irateness," Shaneeka says. "I told her please don't yell at them and then she started yelling at me. And I said, 'You don't have to yell at me, they got the Gatorade.' And a lot of people where, if you're short you're going to go up there and grab what you need. There's not a lot of workers in the aisle, you have to do what you have to do and you move on."

But then things escalated when Shaneeka and her kids walked out to her car.

"She still went to her car, came back with the baby in the cart, called me the b word, then she stood behind my car because I started videotaping after that." Shaneeka also started streaming on Facebook Live. 

Click on the link for the full article and video

Husband of California ‘Karen’ Lisa Alexander fired from wealth management firm

The husband of a California “Karen” who called the cops on a Filipino man for stenciling “BLACK LIVES MATTER” on his own property was fired Monday by his wealth management company after he filmed the encounter, according to a report.

Lisa Alexander, CEO of a San Francisco-based skin care company, said Sunday she was “deeply sorry” for her “racist” actions when she told James Juanillo that he was illegally writing in chalk on a retaining wall because it was private property — which he actually owns.

On Monday, fallout over the incident continued as the Raymond James firm announced on Twitter that Robert Larkin has been given the boot.

“Raymond James has zero tolerance for racism and discrimination of any kind,” the company said. “An inclusive workplace is fundamental to our culture, one in which people are free to bring their whole selves to their careers, and we expect our associates to conduct themselves appropriately inside and outside the workplace.

“After an investigation into the circumstances of a video alleging racism by one of our associates, we have concluded that the actions of he and his partner were inconsistent with our values, and the associate is no longer employed by Raymond James,” it added.

Meanwhile, his wife’s company, LaFace Skincare, has taken its website offline, according to KPIX 5.

Click on the link for the full article and video

On 6/9/2020 at 12:17 PM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

What is it you are trying to say here?

Because the Australian Government has put a ban on certail dealings with China, China has retaliated. 

Don't want them here anyway!  Especially the one's who speak no english.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Skinned Aussie said:

Because the Australian Government has put a ban on certail dealings with China, China has retaliated. 

This post is a terrible look for you. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Skinned Aussie said:

You know this is some xenophobic, racist, Karen ass **** right? 

• Thanks 4

38 minutes ago, Skinned Aussie said:

that’s what I thought. Just wanted you to make it clear for all of us what kind of person you are 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

So, the Chinese have purchased OUR land, OUR houses, rented OUR wharves only to bring in their own to manage it all, putting exorbitant prices on rentals (unless you're Chinese) and I am being called out on that! 

The Aust Government has put a halt on Chinese purchasing, outright, whatever we have and I am being called out on that!

The Chinese Government has warned their citizens NOT to travel to Aust due to racism and I am being called out on that!

I don't have a problem with Chinese who speak english, it's the one's that make NO effort to learn that I have a problem with!

Where did this COVID-19 virus come from?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Skinned Aussie said:

So, the Chinese have purchased OUR land, OUR houses, rented OUR wharves only to bring in their own to manage it all, putting exorbitant prices on rentals (unless you're Chinese) and I am being called out on that! 

you are complaining that people in your country sold their land to Chinese investors, that the Chinese made improvements, and are now renting out places for a profit? 

why don’t you spend a lot of money to buy some land, improve it, then offer to let people stay there got free instead of complaining that someone else worked harder than you.

I don't have a problem with Chinese who speak english, it's the one's that make NO effort to learn that I have a problem with!

As long as they don’t buy someone else’s land and rent it out...

Where did this COVID-19 virus come from?

Punishment for your sins is as plausible as whatever...

• Like 1

The trouble with that is they DON'T improve it (the land OR the property) but expect the renters to.  The Chinese have a 99-year lease on the wharf in Darwin, and the place is overrun by Chinese (my brother lives there and would often dine there - not any more).

The Chinese have purchased former farming land between Brisbane and the Gold Coast and expect the Aust Government to maintain it.

Chinese have purchased numerous properties and expect the tenants to pay for repairs. 

I may be a racist but I treat people as they treat me.  If someone is racist towards me, they get racism returned to them in spades.

ALL lives matter!