Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins to sign Adrian Peterson per NFL.com

Reaper Skins

Good interview with him and Larry after signing.  Seems like his relationship with Trent definitely helped us land him.

https://t.co/lUql9WMOgy

Bold prediction:  He punishes his old team in week 1, gets his 100th career TD, and plays a big role in helping us secure a win in Arizona. 

Anything after that is gravy as far as I'm concerned.

24 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

No choir boy rhetoric, just acknowledgment its 21st century now, so corporal punishment is severely frowned upon these days.  Lets review:

https://www.sbnation.com/2014/9/17/6334793/adrian-peterson-child-abuse-statement-vikings-timeline

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/6/2/8714407/adrian-peterson-apology-son-vikings-child-abuse-suspension

I never got my ass beat for the same thing twice, to me, it just sounds like like AP was adamantly trying to make sure of that and people found out.  Ask people like my dad, this was normal back in the day, not anymore.  I'm lucky, I never got a switch put to me, but my dad has saved my life on numerous occasions.  I know what he was trying to do, but you can't do that anymore.  The public opinion on what Child Abuse is and the legal line don't always match up, but I know Child Abuse when I see it (people that used to get their tailed whipped typically do as well)

Beat a 4 yo until his stomach bleeds. Thats abuse. You wouldn't want your feed animals beaten like that. 

Overlook it because he's good at a game you like. Thats it. 

Justify it because people use to do it more. Thats severely idiotic. Like putting leaches on people for fever. 

To Peterson, how outsiders view his case is an indication of a cultural misunderstanding. He says he disciplined his child the way his parents disciplined him, which is the way many parents punished their children where he grew up. No one there called it corporal punishment or child abuse. They called it parenting, even good parenting. That’s why Peterson scoffs at the notion of redemption, because he doesn’t think there’s anything for him to redeem. “That’s our culture,” Nelson says. “My son is 30, and he’s a grown man, and a millionaire, and he’s never told me to shut up. That’s the respect he has for his parents.”

In Palestine, a town of 18,000 in East Texas, Peterson had a community that believed he had taken a stand for their values and rights. They held a parade in his honor last June, where hundreds stood in line for an hour to shake his hand and told him to forget about the haters.

Peterson hasn’t explained himself much to outsiders beyond the statements he released. Explanations, he says, end up sounding like excuses. And he is cognizant that wide swaths of Americans don’t feel the way he does—people like Dr. Robert Sege, a board member for Prevent Child Abuse America. Sege says the board does not recommend spanking under any circumstance, and adds that the photographs he saw from Peterson’s case “weren’t ordinary corporal punishment—they really crossed the line into abuse.”

Peterson says that through counseling he learned other methods of discipline. He says he’ll never use a switch again. Sege, who has no direct connection to Peterson’s case, describes Peterson acknowledging his mistake and changing the way he parents as “terrific progress,” whether Peterson calls what he did abuse or not.

Peterson does not put the whuppin’s he endured as a child on the long list of obstacles he’s overcome. To the contrary: Discipline, he says, is not part of his success, but the key to it. “That discipline is embedded in me,” Peterson says. “It’s the reason that I am where I am.”

https://www.si.com/nfl/2016/01/05/adrian-peterson-vikings-parenting-child-abuse-case

20 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Beat a 4 yo until his stomach bleeds. Thats abuse. You wouldn't want your feed animals beaten like that. 

Overlook it because he's good at a game you like. Thats it. 

Justify it because people use to do it more. Thats severely idiotic. Like putting leaches on people for fever. 

Stop it, I acknowledged he went too far, and so did he, but I know his heart was in the right place.  He's no Greg Hardy.  I have no idea how you were raised, but different times did exist.  

Also not sure where you got making his stomach bleed, here are some pictures:

http://www.tmz.com/2014/09/12/adrian-peterson-indicted-for-child-abuse/

http://espn1420.com/adrian-peterson-indicted-in-texas-on-child-abuse-charges-photos-of-child-abuse-injuries/

Edit:  since you asked... https://www.webmd.com/heart/news/20040628/leeches-cleared-for-medical-use-by-fda

Pro: We needed a running back and he's a running back. He used to be a damn good one and maybe still is.

Con: He physically abused a 4 year old child with a switch.

Pro: He's probably faster than Kelley.

Con: He's not as fast as Trent. :ols:

I'm OK with the signing, but I'm in wait-and-see mode until he proves he's still got it. 

4 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

I doubt he's being brought in here to "fix" anything.

Just to carry the ball for the Redskins this season, potentially, until they get Guice back next season.

Okay well he wont fix things this year. AP isnt the back he once was. Some people in here act like hes going to come in and tear it up. He wont

I get the move but im not excited by it. 

I think a lot of people are missing the important parts of the AP signing--first of all, the intangible--it shows that regardless of what Gruden says to the media that his current RBs will see, he's not content with what we have and not blindly trusting in Rob Kelley. That's good on multiple levels but mostly its a relief that he's not content to let his job ride on a bad RB. His ego isn't that big or blinding.

Now for the tangibles--we don't really need 1,000 yards and a dozen TDs from AP for this to be a successful signing. Like all Gruden teams this will be a pass heavy and probably pass first offense. To get teams to respect your run game even when you don't, you need to at least be able to threaten on the ground in important situational football--3rd or 4th and short, and the GL. I don't care how washed he is, I'll take AP's vision, old man strength, and veteran awareness in those obvious run situations over Kelley. 

AP will be as good as our O-line is....I would think that Trent will be calling for many running plays to the left to help him out too. If our line plays well I expect AP to be a great addition....if Riggo can drink beer and dominate at 34, then AP can put up some numbers too. Can't wait to see this offense...

8 minutes ago, London Kev said:

Pro: We needed a running back and he's a running back. He used to be a damn good one and maybe still is.

I'm OK with the signing, but I'm in wait-and-see mode until he proves he's still got it. 

Ok so what you're saying is...Alex Smith takes the snap, options to AP who's following Trend Williams...Trent Williams runs away from AP.  :rofl89:

2 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Okay well he wont fix things this year. AP isnt the back he once was. Some people in here act like hes going to come in and tear it up. He wont

If he can come in here and just help keep the chains moving and block in the backfield, that will be very good.

I don't think he needs to tear it up.

2 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

If he can come in here and just help keep the chains moving and block in the backfield, that will be very good.

I don't think he needs to tear it up.

OMG bro...you're not allowed to say 'tear' when mentioning Adrian Peterson.  

That's like a voodoo doll...both his legs probably just fell off. 

19 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

I remember when we signed B.Smith or D.Sanders.

Same hype from fans and the same thing will happen. Peterson wont do anything special, but at least hes cheap.

Why is he cheap you say. Well no one else wanted him.

AP will not fix our RB problems.

It’s not at all the same hype as Deion and Bruce Smith. But hell, if Peterson plays as well at RB as Smith and Sanders did at their positions while with the Redskins, it’ll be a huge win.

6 minutes ago, London Kev said:

lmao....I needed that laugh after a long day.

But I think he has quite a bit left in the tank.  Looking at his game film from last year, I thought he still ran violent and is still very elusive.  I honestly think he runs a lot like Guice.  Guice just has just a bit more suddenness and agility.  I wouldn't be shocked to see Peterson get 15 carries a game. 

2 hours ago, Tay said:

If the agent gets the news out faster than the team, this is likely to happen.

Im aware of the game.  National media insiders are nothing more than Agents' whores.  Whichever sucks them off the best gets the scoop.  Thats important to know whenever you read opinion from a guy like Schefter or Rappaport.  Its nothing more than some agents` press release

Still you would think local media who have been in the market for 5 plus years might have a few well placed sources of their own.

9 minutes ago, zoony said:

Im aware of the game.  National media insiders are nothing more than Agents' whores.  Whichever sucks them off the best gets the scoop.  Thats important to know whenever you read opinion from a guy like Schefter or Rappaport.  Its nothing more than some agents` press release

Still you would think local media who have been in the market for 5 plus years might have a few well placed sources of their own.

Lately both Schefty and Rap-a-whore been stealing Redskins News from the Local big boys...

50 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Literally no one is doing that. They just think that he's better than what we have. What we have is hot garbage. Saying something is better than hot garbage does not equate tearing it up. It's just better than hot garbage.

Archived