Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins to sign Adrian Peterson per NFL.com

Reaper Skins

Just now, Guardshock said:

WHAT?! If Guice doesn't go down, why would they add a power back?

It'd be guice, thompson, perine or kelley, bibbs or marshall.

No AP.

If Carter and Perine not gone down, it would now be Kelly, Perine, Bibbs, Marshall and Carter, no AP. AP is only a camp body.

1 minute ago, Guardshock said:

WHAT?! If Guice doesn't go down, why would they add a power back?

It'd be guice, thompson, perine or kelley, bibbs or marshall.

No AP.

Their point was that it was a culmination of things. Guice going down alone was not enough to bring in AP or anyone else. They never bring AP in if Guice is the only one injured. But when the injuries started adding up and yes the injury to Martez has it's own impact - you start running out of people. 

Just now, Darth Tater said:

If Carter and Perine not gone down, it would now be Kelly, Perine, Bibbs, Marshall and Carter, no AP. AP is only a camp body.

I agree with the first part. But I don't think he is just a camp body. I believe he will be given a chance to make the final 53. You do not bring AP in to run 3rd team snaps for a few weeks and kick him to the curb unless he has nothing. In that case you don;t bring him in at all. No guarantees for a roster spot - but he will be given a chance to compete. 

I'm just glad it wasn't Charles. Not sure he really got much of a shot in Denver last year, but he looked a lot different in the limited action I saw him in. He was a lot slower, which is not ideal for your quick scatback type of guy. Bibbs or Marshall should be good depth behind Chris Thompson. AD or Darkwa are more what was needed to get through until Perine is back. 

Yes, he had two down years, but the year before that he went for 327 carries, 1485 yards and 11 TD's.  Each of which lead the league. 

I'm sure he will not meet all of those for us, but with Sam and Chris in the corps with him, he can still be very effective.  Last year he was at 3.5 yards per carry with Arizona, which is better than all of our backs not named Chris.

4 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

I agree with the first part. But I don't think he is just a camp body. I believe he will be given a chance to make the final 53. You do not bring AP in to run 3rd team snaps for a few weeks and kick him to the curb unless he has nothing. In that case you don;t bring him in at all. No guarantees for a roster spot - but he will be given a chance to compete. 

He may turn out as more than a camp body but almost everybody is right now. You can probably count on your fingers and toes + 3 to get the nuimber of guys who are not camp bodies.,

A couple of things that even my pea brain can figure out.

1. This has nothing to do with Guice...they were going to go with what they had before the latest injuries hit.

2. This has to do with there only being 3 "healthy" (if you consider CT healthy) RBs on the roster and two more PS games to go. 

3. No guarantees in his contract = easily cut before WK1 if necessary.

4. Most likely not going to start even if he does make the team...why not sign him the day after Guice went down then? 

5. If he makes the team he could do some good things in limited snaps (short yardage, closeout games, help PA plays, etc) 

6. Perine and Marshall's injuries could be a little worse than reported.

7. Perine is not getting cut for AD.

2 minutes ago, Darth Tater said:

He may turn out as more than a camp body but almost everybody is right now. You can probably count on your fingers and toes + 3 to get the nuimber of guys who are not camp bodies.,

You and I must have a different definition for camp body (or you have a **** load of toes and fingers :rofl89:) - There are 53 roster spots then 10 more for the practice squad. So I am up to 63 that are not camp bodies. They will be on this team when the dust clears. The last 10 to get cut right now still likely have a legitimate chance to make the team. It depends on what they do between now and the end of pre-season.  

With a current roster of 90 (assuming we have 90 in camp, don;t always at this time), that makes about 15 or so "camp bodies" - for me those are guys that are just not making the team. Their chances were slim from the start - although a guy or two does typically emerge. So by my definition - AP has a truly legitimate chance to make this team - in fact I would be surprised if he were not on the final 53 - so he is anything but a "camp" body. 

I don't hate this.

If AP can split up some of the load and even work a little with Samaje then what the heck.

Perhaps we get a Tim Hightower (saints not skins) type of season from him and then we are playing with house $ . Move R. Kelly to more of a FB type of role. Split carries with Perine and Thompson might work.

28 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I assume you know somebody who runs an ice cream truck that woulda been a better pickup then, right?  He's not here to save us, he's here to help.

I get to cheer for a guy who criminally beat a 4 yo. Yay. Maybe we can sign Terrance Cody or Aaron Hernandez. 

*insert idiotic choir boy rhetoric *

5 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

You and I must have a different definition for camp body (or you have a **** load of toes and fingers :rofl89:) - There are 53 roster spots then 10 more for the practice squad. So I am up to 63 that are not camp bodies. They will be on this team when the dust clears. The last 10 to get cut right now still likely have a legitimate chance to make the team. It depends on what they do between now and the end of pre-season.  

With a current roster of 90 (assuming we have 90 in camp, don;t always at this time), that makes about 15 or so "camp bodies" - for me those are guys that are just not making the team. Their chances were slim from the start - although a guy or two does typically emerge. So by my definition - AP has a truly legitimate chance to make this team - in fact I would be surprised if he were not on the final 53 - so he is anything but a "camp" body. 

A camp body is anyone who is not a lock to make the roster which is usually all but 20-30 guys.  All guys who are here have an opportunity to make it.  Going into camp, the only guys who were not camp bodies for us were Smith, McCoy, Kerrigan, Swear and most of the guys left from the last five drafts who are still here.

30 minutes ago, Darth Tater said:

You're crazy if you think Peterson, a future HoFer, signed a deal just to be camp fodder.

He's here to play. We'll see what he has left.

8 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I get to cheer for a guy who criminally beat a 4 yo. Yay. Maybe we can sign Terrance Cody or Aaron Hernandez. 

*insert idiotic choir boy rhetoric *

No choir boy rhetoric, just acknowledgment its 21st century now, so corporal punishment is severely frowned upon these days.  Lets review:

https://www.sbnation.com/2014/9/17/6334793/adrian-peterson-child-abuse-statement-vikings-timeline

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/6/2/8714407/adrian-peterson-apology-son-vikings-child-abuse-suspension

I never got my ass beat for the same thing twice, to me, it just sounds like like AP was adamantly trying to make sure of that and people found out.  Ask people like my dad, this was normal back in the day, not anymore.  I'm lucky, I never got a switch put to me, but my dad has saved my life on numerous occasions.  I know what he was trying to do, but you can't do that anymore.  The public opinion on what Child Abuse is and the legal line don't always match up, but I know Child Abuse when I see it (people that used to get their tailed whipped typically do as well)

11 minutes ago, Gibbit said:

Washington, Minny NFC Championship just got real. With RG3 and Baltimore waiting, with revenge storylines for both teams....whoever is writing this **** is too easy to predict now days

1st playoff game - Seattle: Getting over the hump

2nd playoff game - Eagles: Defending champs and divisional rival

3rd playoff game - Vikings: Kirk Cousins vs Adrian Peterson in a Freaky Friday showdown

4th playoff game - Chiefs: We have their QB and they have all of our old Corners, in Freaky Friday 2:  Electric Boogaloo

P.S.  Not convinced RG3 makes the Ravens squad, apparently they always keep only 2 QB's.

Archived