Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins to sign Adrian Peterson per NFL.com

Reaper Skins

More than anything on the field, AP's biggest contribution to the Redskins could be a positive impact on guice and the younger backs.  AP has a work ethic second to none, and is a hall of famer.  I hope he provides a role model for the others to look up to and want to emulate.  

And I think he can have a solid role for 2018 as well.  CT is a perfect complement to a back like AP.  

As far as the odd man out, I hope it isn't Perine.   I'm not ready to give up on him yet.  

As much as I am usually against signing big names that are past their prime, I like this move given how thin the rb position is right now.  We have nothing to lose.

I tend to think Peterson has little left in the tank, though I don't hate the move. Maybe he's got one more year in him. Maybe not. I wonder what this means for the backfield. Is Peterson even going to make the team? If so, who gets cut to make room? Kelley? Perine? Marshall? I still think Perine has upside, so I'd hate to see him cut for a 33 year old Peterson and Rob Kelley.

Honestly with everything going on with the team, wish the Redskins were on Hard Knocks and not the boring Browns.....this would have made for a great episode. Hell they could just follow the Skins RB group for 4 weeks it would be fascinating. 

Hope he has something left, will be surprised. Most likely he gets hurt and is a non-factor but I still like the buzz..

34 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

You sure make it hard to cheer for you redskins, you really do. 

Making it hard to cheer for them would have been standing pat with what we have and not making any moves whatsoever.  I'm not exactly thrilled with the signing, but I can see that they are trying to make a dire situation right - something that I don't think they would have done several years ago.

3 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

Was this on purpose...or no?

POTD material, if I do say so myself.

Redskins signed RB Adrian Peterson, formerly of the Cardinals, to a one-year contract.
The Skins also worked out Jamaal Charles and Orleans Darkwa but Peterson impressed them the most. The 33-year-old is a shell of the player who once rushed for over 2,000 yards in a season, but obviously the Redskins feel he still has something left. Not that they had much of a choice—Washington's backfield is a mess right now with Derrius Guice (ACL), Samaje Perine (ankle) and Byron Marshall (ankle) all injured. Look for AD to mix in with Rob Kelley on early downs with Chris Thompson playing his usual role on passing downs. Aug 20 - 2:47 PM

1 minute ago, Rogue Jedi said:

I am glad about the signing, but people need to calm down a bit.

He has to make the week 1 roster first.

I don't know what the "calm down" advice is for. I'm not seeing any tremendous enthusiasm predominate in this thread.

Just a lot of cautious optimism.

Archived