Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins to sign Adrian Peterson per NFL.com

Reaper Skins

3 minutes ago, DCSaints_fan said:

I must have forgotten about this, but apparently there was another Adrian Peterson,  who played for the Bears and was also an RB.     Exact same spelling too :-)  Despite never being a regular starter with a career high of 510 rushing yards (in 2007, AD's rookie year) he managed to last 7 years in the league, from 2002-2009

It was a hoot when people drafted him in fantasy leagues

I’m happy we signed him. But hopefully he’s ready to be a role player. I don’t want to see us do what New Orleans did and basically line up and tell the whole world the ball is going to Peterson. He’s not a pass catcher like a lot of the modern NFL backs, but I have hopes that we will use him correctly. I also hope that he still wants to prove the doubters wrong. 

Ok. Im ready to comment. The child beating thing is obviously not great but he doesnt seem to have done it with any malicious intent, just misguided parenting technique. I dont like that but its not Greg Hardy, lets be real. Hes tried to make it right since then. 

On the field this is a huge plus for us imo. We dont need an elite back who will light the league up to be competitive. We need a competent runner with vision who can pick up 4+ ypc. Behind this OL i think AP is capable of that even now. AP is a fantastic mentor for the other RBs. I dont see any scenario where he doesnt make the roster. Hes better than what we have and he brings a lot of experience and veteran savvy.

5 hours ago, 98ORAKPO98 said:

Good to hear. But I've seen, on numerous occasions soft parenting and kids that disrespect and run roughshod over their parents. A spanking would quickly put an end to that lol. 

The idea that spanking is the only or best way to instill discipline in children has got to be one of the most ignorant and idiotic things to believe. 

8 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

The idea that spanking is the only or best way to instill discipline in children has got to be one of the most ignorant and idiotic things to believe. 

Well, different strokes for different folks. { convolution of irony }.

There was only one time where I disciplined my child physically; I did give him a little pop on his behind; not a Jose Canseco swing but just hard enough for him to understand that I meant what I said. He didn't cry or anything, but it certainly got his attention. Of course I talked with him later on about it, and he understood the situation and we ended up with a good hug and apologies on both sides.

AP went too far, and he knows it, but he can't be persecuted for this the rest of his life. Mistakes are made by us humans because we are human. I get your point and am not trying to contradict it, but there has to be a point where forgiveness comes into play.

We all know what could be coming; if AP comes out running roughshod over defenses and is racking up yds and TDs like he used to, the media will surely be highlighting his past mistakes which will bring some backlash, because he's with the Redskins, which will re-hash past issues with this team; they will try to turn it into a circus and attack the FO and team.

5 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

Well, different strokes for different folks. { convolution of irony }.

There was only one time where I disciplined my child physically; I did give him a little pop on his behind; not a Jose Canseco swing but just hard enough for him to understand that I meant what I said. He didn't cry or anything, but it certainly got his attention. Of course I talked with him later on about it, and he understood the situation and we ended up with a good hug and apologies on both sides.

AP went too far, and he knows it, but he can't be persecuted for this the rest of his life. Mistakes are made by us humans because we are human. I get your point and am not trying to contradict it, but there has to be a point where forgiveness comes into play.

We all know what could be coming; if AP comes out running roughshod over defenses and is racking up yds and TDs like he used to, the media will surely be highlighting his past mistakes which will bring some backlash, because he's with the Redskins, which will re-hash past issues with this team; they will try to turn it into a circus and attack the FO and team.

Why do I need to forgive anyone? Lots of people lose their professional career for child abuse. Why would being employed by the NFL charity be different? 

18 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I spanked my children. I never beat them, but each of my two kids got the swat on their bottoms that they knew would come if they failed to heed verbal reprimands. If you truly feel that it is either idiotic or ignorant, then you haven't seen the results of the opposite approach.

Both of my children have grown into tremendously hard working, responsible and loving kids ever to grace this world. Even though they're off finishing their higher education now, our family stays in touch daily with phone calls and texts of support. Supporting and guiding each other. Every communication is full of "I love you" and anticipation of our next gathering. For you to sit in your pompous ignorant ass position and make such an offensive statement is beyond insulting. I'll place the actions of my now grown children up against anyone you wish to be the poster child of those who use your "approved" methods. I'm pretty good at hiding my emotions usually, but you've really pissed me off.  The proof is in the pudding.  You're wrong and insulting. Perhaps you need to find a better way of expressing yourself. It's a shame your parents never chose to guide you into adulthood. 

1 minute ago, bowhunter said:

It's a shame your parents never chose to guide you into adulthood. 

Parents could have taught you better reading comprehension :ols:

I'm glad your personal experience has worked out for you. Your comment had nothing to do with mine though. 

And I'm pretty sure you don't know a ****ing thing about my family or myself, so you can **** all the way off on insulting them. 

Spanking and child abuse is more common in poor and urban neighborhoods, which are also higher in incarceration rates and violence crimes, so your coincidencial opinions are not based in fact or reality. 

You can make up whatever you want. If my opinion about abuse bothers you, I don't care. Don't insult me though. 

3 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

You can make up whatever you want. If my opinion about abuse bothers you, I don't care. Don't insult me though. 

You're initial insulting statement was followed by your reading comprehension insult. But I'm not going to get into a insult trade.

Now would be a good time to maybe admit that your post was a little too much and let this thread focus on AP. I have to go to work.

1 minute ago, bowhunter said:

You're initial insulting statement was followed by your reading comprehension insult. But I'm not going to get into a insult trade.

Now would be a good time to maybe admit that your post was a little too much and let this thread focus on AP. I have to go to work.

No, the premise that you have to hit kids to make them respectful is idiotic and goes against any kind of study done about it. 

Why ever people want to run to the defense of a guy who admitted to whipping his kids too hard, had a whipping room and kids that were afraid to be punched in the face by a world class athlete and was arrested because of it, is beyond me. 

12 minutes ago, Sandy Monk said:

Going to be okay there, Kool? 

I'm fine. It's just a shame that we seem to put an emphasis on character, then sign this has been child abuser. 

8 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

You brought the guy's parents into it. TOTALLY uncalled for and WAY beyond anything he might've said. 

Btw, he said, "The idea that spanking is the only or best way to instill discipline in children has got to be one of the most ignorant and idiotic things to believe." 

And I agree totally. Nowhere in that comment does it say "spanking in general is wrong," which is how you seemed to take it. It simply suggests there might be better ways. You brought up good kids, and good for them and you. I've found other ways to discipline my own that don't involve beating them with a ****ing tree branch until they bleed, and I have wonderful, respectful, kind kids as well. 

As for AP, it seems he's never gone that far since and regretted what he did, so I'm willing to give him a chance. But let's be clear ... the pictures of what he did to his kid go WAY beyond any sort of corporal punishment most seem to be describing here. 

2 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Why ever people want to run to the defense of a guy who admitted to whipping his kids too hard, had a whipping room and kids that were afraid to be punched in the face by a world class athlete and was arrested because of it, is beyond me. 

I'm fine. It's just a shame that we seem to put an emphasis on character, then sign this has been child abuser. 

I hear what you are saying. I was smacked quite a bit as a kid. I harbor zero resentments, and I don't do it to my kids. 

That said, AD is now currently a Redskin, and that's out of our hands. 

I don't tell other people how to raise their kids, and I don't want them telling me how to raise mine. Clearly, AD went too far, and clearly, forgiveness has been granted him by many. Time to find a good way to deal with this, and being aggressive to other posters shouldn't be that way. Just sayin'. 

1 minute ago, Sandy Monk said:

I hear what you are saying. I was smacked quite a bit as a kid. I harbor zero resentments, and I don't do it to my kids. 

That said, AD is now currently a Redskin, and that's out of our hands. 

I don't tell other people how to raise their kids, and I don't want them telling me how to raise mine. Clearly, AD went too far, and clearly, forgiveness has been granted him by many. Time to find a good way to deal with this, and being aggressive to other posters shouldn't be that way. Just sayin'. 

:ols:

Just now, DCtoSC_SKINS_LIFER said:

You are welcome. 

Not you :ols:@Dissident2

Archived