Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins to sign Adrian Peterson per NFL.com

Reaper Skins

Clearly, Adrian Peterson isn't being persecuted anymore for what he did. He's being paid millions to play football and multiple teams have given him a chance since his return. 

But even if he's paid his debt to society, I don't have to like him. His actions show that he either has a terrible temper or sadistic streak. He plays for the Redskins now, so I hope he performs well. That's it. 

Just now, Dissident2 said:

Any chance he'll play Friday night? I'm so tired of watching Kelly run up to the line, stop, wait, bounce to the left or right, then get stuffed for a gain of a yard.  

I'd imagine that Kelley is slotted as the starter, and with the backfield the way it is, he's likely to have a VERY light workload Friday night.  I'd imagine Peterson and Bibbs actually share the load with the new kid Smith we signed.  Bibbs MIGHT actually be out with the first team a bit since he knows the offense already more than the other 2

Do you guys think Dan Snyder signed Peterson because he is doing him a favor?   Look at where Peterson is on the all time rushing list:

Rushing Leaders
RK PLAYER YDS
1 Emmitt Smith 18,355
2 Walter Payton 16,726
3 Barry Sanders 15,269
4 Curtis Martin 14,101
5 FRANK GORE 14,026
6 LaDainian Tomlinson 13,684
7 Jerome Bettis 13,662
8 Eric Dickerson 13,259
9 Tony Dorsett 12,739
10 Jim Brown 12,312
11 Marshall Faulk 12,279
12 ADRIAN PETERSON 12,276

3 yards and he ties Faulk.  36 yards and he ties Jim Brown.  Dorsett is easily in reach @463 yards

And if he has a good season, 983 yards catches Dickerson and 1386 for Bettis. 

In one season, he could pass 5 players

7 minutes ago, hatchetwound said:

Do you guys think Dan Snyder signed Peterson because he is doing him a favor? 

It wouldn't make any sense. 

He's not a career redskin so we owe him nothing. 

It makes absolutely no sense to sign someone who won't help you win but needs a few hundred yards to help his stats. 

And if he passes dickerson then it won't be a favor to anybody but the fans of the Washington redskins. 

11 minutes ago, redskinss said:

It wouldn't make any sense. 

He's not a career redskin so we owe him nothing. 

It makes absolutely no sense to sign someone who won't help you win but needs a few hundred yards to help his stats. 

And if he passes dickerson then it won't be a favor to anybody but the fans of the Washington redskins. 

Maybe it's for selfish reasons then?  Whenever they show film of Peterson passing Jim Brown and reaching the top 10 all time rushing leaders, it will be in our uniform.

32 minutes ago, hatchetwound said:

And if he has a good season, 983 yards catches Dickerson and 1386 for Bettis. 

In one season, he could pass 5 players

Nice! I like to have players motivated. Their selfish goals usually coincide with Redskins' success. :) 

Bottom line -

Our rookie power back is injured, we know our current RBs aren’t going to do the job, so we had to do something. We’re better with AP in our arsenal than without him, if it doesn’t work out, then oh well.

If your tire goes flat, you put on a spare and keep driving, even if you can’t drive as fast. It’s a good move.

Once Perine and Marshall went down, I suppose they had to do something. After watching some of those AZ cut ups, I retract my statement about him being washed and could be convinced he has a little left in the tank. Overall, I'm not really expecting much and I don't think it changes too much. Gut tells me this was more Dan/FO and not Jay and not sure how I feel about that. But who knows, maybe it works out and he gives us a boost. Will be interesting regardless.

I am as critical of this FO as anyone, bit not sure why anyone would be against this signing.  We gave up nothing for him and he is a 1 year rental at vet min.  Zero downside.

Offering a high draft pick for system players like Mcnabb or Jason Taylor, or entering Cap Jail to sign Haynesworth, or trading picks to sign RFAs like Coles... these were all bad deals because we gave too much in return.

Here we are giving nothing.  What am i missing?

5 minutes ago, zoony said:

I am as critical of this FO as anyone, bit not sure why anyone would be against this signing.  We gave up nothing for him and he is a 1 year rental at vet min.  Zero downside.

Offering a high draft pick for system players like Mcnabb or Jason Taylor, or entering Cap Jail to sign Haynesworth, or trading picks to sign RFAs like Coles... these were all bad deals because we gave too much in return.

Here we are giving nothing.  What am i missing?

The only way this is a "bad" deal is if there is a risk that AD somehow destroys the clubhouse or prevents a superior younger player from getting an opportunity. I really don't see either of those as possibilities at all. He has no leverage in terms of being demanding of anything so I am sure he would be pleased to make the roster and get whatever carries he gets. And Perine is the only young back we have with any real upside and I imagine he will still get his chances. This is just sort of a no-brainer move unless you think there was another option out there that would have been clearly better than AD. 

6 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

The idea that spanking is the only or best way to instill discipline in children has got to be one of the most ignorant and idiotic things to believe. 

Well, to be fair, AP went a little overboard. He spanked his kid with a switch.

bundle_color_console.jpg

The switch is old school, my grandmother used to make me pull one off the tree and then she would use it on me, once you go through that a couple times you tend to make sure you don't upset Granma again, I would say it was pretty effective.

Archived