Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins to sign Adrian Peterson per NFL.com

Reaper Skins

1 hour ago, Califan007 said:

I consider myself a comedy connoisseur and I can't believe I had never heard this, one thing that's clear to me now is that the "switch" wasn't just a favorite technique of old white women born in Jersey.

1 hour ago, Morneblade said:

Even if he sticks, I still want to scan the hell out of the waiver wire. I think we can improve our depth, as I'm not much of a fan of either Perine or Kelley at this point.

You know I was thinking I wouldn't be opposed to Jamaal Charles either.  Good pass catcher.  Not sure how bad the injuries have been, guessing bad, but why not if he is cheap.  

1 hour ago, Morneblade said:

Even if he sticks, I still want to scan the hell out of the waiver wire. I think we can improve our depth, as I'm not much of a fan of either Perine or Kelley at this point.

Me too. I think Perine will get this season to see if he has developed from last years experience but I think Kelley is just a guy.

5 minutes ago, mudpig said:

You know I was thinking I wouldn't be opposed to Jamaal Charles either.  Good pass catcher.  Not sure how bad the injuries have been, guessing bad, but why not if he is cheap.  

I would have been fine with both. Charles is really good as as 3rd down back, excellent as a receiver. And in very limited use with Denver, averaged 4.2 ypc. If he could have been had for a similar deal that Peterson got, I would have done it in a heartbeat. And of course, he has history with Alex, would have made the transition much easier.

5 minutes ago, SkinsFootball said:

If Robert Kelly runs putrid again on Friday and starts off slow against AZ. Peterson will be put in.

I'm hoping if Kelly runs putrid on Friday.  Then, Peterson gets put in.  I wouldn't give him a chance week 1.  That's our first opportunity to make things count, week 1.

3 minutes ago, ShaunAlexanderSkinsYears said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/08/21/jay-gruden-would-like-to-play-adrian-peterson-friday/

I'm beginning to wonder if Jay is trying to injure every RB on the roster in preseason that is not named Rob Kelley

Well see if AP has a 30 yard run in him. If he goes down after that, I'm putting my tin foil hat on.

2 hours ago, ShaunAlexanderSkinsYears said:

This is a good signing, worst case he sucks and we cut him, best case we have more RB depth and a mentor to the younger backs. Who cares if he beat his kid? AP says he was just raising his kid the way he was raised... maybe AP Jr. will become a future HOF running back too

1 hour ago, ShaunAlexanderSkinsYears said:

Unfortunately I think your right. Jon Grudens Retarded Brother can not put together a decent ground game (personnel AND playcalling) to save his life. I'm done with the Rob Kelley Experiment

Impressive. :ols:

1 hour ago, MondayNightCowboyKilla89 said:

The dad from Step by Step, right?

Patrick Duffy ? :ols:

Now, if you had said J.R.s brother on Dallas, I would have instantly known who you were talking about.

But yeah, ... still not seeing it.

Image result for patrik duffy dallas  Image result for john riggins

Plus, there's no way Patrick Duffy was ever this cool.

Image result for john riggins

Hearing a lot about those games where Peterson went for 20 something yards.  Which were the last ones before he went out on IR with a neck stinger.  

First thought, if you listen to his interview, he says, 'some people will look at that and say I don't have anything left in the tank', but says he knows what he's got and there's plenty left in the tank.  Translation something like...he's not going to complain about poor OL blocking here, nor is he going to complain about not getting enough going to explain it...and he's not going to make excuses for statistics that might not tell the whole story.  He's the kind of guy that needs to get in a groove and not the guy that will come in and get 8-10 carries and be dependable production.   Kind of like a situation where they'd have to give him a series and if he's feeling it, you just keep doing it.  Additionally, if you have part of your 1/2 punch down with injury, you know that AD can carry the ball 20+ times and possibly get on a roll.  

25 minutes ago, ShaunAlexanderSkinsYears said:

I like the AP signing but why do we have to mess with Portis?? He's like 1 of maybe 2 good players we've had in the last 25 years. No wonder Bruce and Dan have to imprison free agents on the planes/HQ to get them to sign here

There is no messing with Portis. The number 26 has been in circulation for years already since he retired. 

I am liking this move more and more as time moves on. With all the talk of age, it's reported that they were not expecting the young man conditioning that he apparently displayed today. Looking back at his carries last year in NOLA and AZ, it's making me think he can really help the offense this year. He doesn't have to be prime AD for this offense to flow better with him. 

Archived