Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins to sign Adrian Peterson per NFL.com

Reaper Skins

2 minutes ago, DCtoSC_SKINS_LIFER said:

Fair enough. I’m of the view that if I were to base my fandom on how players mirrored my idealistic views, I wouldn’t be able to root for or watch any NFL games. 

Not punching kids in the face or beating them with a tree branch until their balls bleed is hardly an idealistic view.  :ols:

Saw zoonys post. I'm done. 

It's so sad that this is where we are... the guy brought up his child the same way that he was and was taught a serious lesson that it's no longer acceptable. He was a young parent, he apologized, never did it again, can we please for the love of god move on. This is a football thread.

4 hours ago, ddub52 said:

I’m happy we signed him. But hopefully he’s ready to be a role player. I don’t want to see us do what New Orleans did and basically line up and tell the whole world the ball is going to Peterson. He’s not a pass catcher like a lot of the modern NFL backs, but I have hopes that we will use him correctly. I also hope that he still wants to prove the doubters wrong. 

I dont think AP is any less of are receiving threat than Perine or Kelley though.  They werent exactly Marshall Faulk out there.  I dont think they were going in the game and people thought they were going out in the route.

19 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

No, the premise that you have to hit kids to make them respectful is idiotic and goes against any kind of study done about it. 

Why ever people want to run to the defense of a guy who admitted to whipping his kids too hard, had a whipping room and kids that were afraid to be punched in the face by a world class athlete and was arrested because of it, is beyond me. 

I'm fine. It's just a shame that we seem to put an emphasis on character, then sign this has been child abuser. 

Honest question:

You root for a team called the Redskins.  It's owned by a guy named Dan Snyder whose sense of personal ethics are highly questionable and is highly criticized as being one of the sleaziest owners in all of professional sports.  None of this was enough to make you stop rooting for the team.

Compartmentalization of fanhood seems par for the course if you want to root for this franchise.  Supporting the on-field team and supporting what those involved do off the field are not mutually exclusive.  

I know I love watching them play, but also strongly disagree with many of the things they do off the field.  To me and many others, we are able to separate the on field aspect and still enjoy the game while realizing that those involved are not all around perfect individuals.  AP can help the team win football games, that's all I expect out of them and that's why I'm excited for the signing.  If Dan Snyder ran a daycare center I'd be much less enthused by the move.  

Based on how long you've been on this board, you've clearly made some sort of inner peace with this on field/off field discrepancy as well and are still able to remain a fan despite instances of questionable morality in the past.

So just wondering why this move is any different?  Or why past compartmentalizations are acceptable enough to justify you still watching the team, but anyone who can compartmentalize THIS move is wrong?

27 minutes ago, Sandy Monk said:

I prefer RBs in the 20's. We got any of them left available? 

21 - better not be available

22 - was Martez Carter

23 - Quinton Dunbar, this was APs number last year... he could use it til final roster cuts... then maybe a buyout?

24 - Josh Norman

25 - Chris Thompson / Stroman (likely to change)

26 - Available

27 - Available

28 - better not be availabe, (AP's number in Minnesota)

29 - Guice

I wouldnt mind seeing him in the 20s.  I have always been a mark for a RB in the 40s.  Just seems tougher to me.  Maybe cuz I correlate it with Riggo, Stephen Davis, Mike Sellars, guys like that.  

37 minutes ago, CTskin said:

It's so sad that this is where we are... the guy brought up his child the same way that he was and was taught a serious lesson that it's no longer acceptable. He was a young parent, he apologized, never did it again, can we please for the love of god move on. This is a football thread.

Thank you.  Personally - Dispite my joke earlier. I think he was 100% wrong. Hitting a 4 year old like that is not ok. Period.  

Having said that - The guy did what he had grown up doing. By all accounts he realized he went to far and then realized that it wasn't ok.  He cooperated with police.  Plead no contest- Accepted Responsibility, etc....

32 minutes ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

Why do i have this funny feeling he will be gone before week 1 ?

If AP thought that I don't think he would have signed here. I think they are going to keep 4 RBs on the 53:

1. Chris Thompson

2. Rob Kelley 

Are the only guaranteed spots imo. 

3rd and 4th roster spots comes down to Peterson, Perine, Bibbs, and Marshall.

Marshall is hurt and going to miss the next two to four games which hurts his cause and imo eliminates him. Perine is also expected to miss a week at minimum due to an injury possibly more time which hurts him as well.

Based on that I think AP makes the 53 unless something weird happens like he gets injured too so I'm giving him the #3 projected spot on the roster, and the 4th spot comes down to between Perine and Bibbs. Perine has shown nothing this preseason to me - Game one he fumbles, game two he rushes once and twists up his ankle. Bibbs on the other hand just led the team in targets and receiving yards last game and makes a better backup to Chris Thompson in case he isn't ready game one. So right now I give the nod to Bibbs at this point over Perine for the #4 spot

This also means that Kelley and AP would be the 1st and 2nd down backs, Thompson and Bibbs become the 3rd down backs. 

11 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

We traded a 3rd for Duckett, I believe...

That's right. 

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/08/22/AR2006082201075.html?noredirect=on

They learned not to do that. They had nearly 15 million in cap space before signing AP who they got for 1 million, leaving them all the picks they had before the move and near 14 million in cap space. If AP makes the roster this was a good move by the front office imo. 

17 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

We traded a 3rd for Duckett, I believe...

I believe 3rd and a 4th, what an awful trade

The Broncos’ compensation for trading wide receiver Ashley Lelie will become official Sunday. They will get two draft picks from Washington for their part in the three-way deal in August that also included Atlanta.

Denver will receive Washington’s third-round pick in 2007 and a fourth-round pick from the Redskins in 2008. With the Redskins drafting anywhere from No. 3 to No. 10, the Broncos will reach their goal of getting a high third-round pick for Lelie.

Denver was telling potential trading partners all summer it wanted the equivalent of a high third-rounder for Lelie, a former first-round pick. Now the Broncos will get two picks.

The compensation is based on the draft value chart NFL teams use.

The Broncos will finish anywhere from No. 18 to No. 27 in draft order – but could draft No. 31 or No. 32 if they advance to the Super Bowl. The Redskins (5-10) will draft high. So when the draft order is finalized after Sunday’s conclusion of the regular season, it will become official that Denver receives the two picks from Washington.

https://www.denverpost.com/2006/12/26/lelie-trade-produces-third-fourth-round-picks/

2 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

The idea that spanking is the only or best way to instill discipline in children has got to be one of the most ignorant and idiotic things to believe. 

Never said it was the only way, but it is an effective method if used in the correct way, and out of love for the child. That isn't debatable. :cheers:

I respect the fact we have different opinions, let's move on.

Archived