Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2018 Redskins Training Camp/Preseason Thread

TSO

34 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Another day of Training Camp.

Another day of a rookie making a good play, which automatically translates into playoff wins this year.

You are so young around here...

Good play into training camp, means you're going to be the starter from day one, and ends up in the Pro-Bowl, then most likely HoF down the road.

That's how it works around here...

Playoffs? That's for Cowboys! We're going to win the Superbowl!

That being said, BHRBN just got updated with everything regarding Day 2 of Training Camp as it's in the history books now. Colt McCoy, Smith, Guice (who could have guessed!), Defense, Offense, Gruden, Norman, Reed... Check it, it's in BHRBN. And since it started on some freaking hot wheels, be sure to check page 2 as well.

3 hours ago, Reaper Skins said:

Nicholson looks like an early contender for the "unable to live up to unrealistic fan hype" award

Not saying he can’t be good but I agree, we have fans that do this unnecessarily. How many games did he play? What was our pass defense ranked? Why is he so hyped, to the point that people thought the position was set? Are they comparing him to good safety’s in the league or comparing him to previous Redskins safety’s? They are kinda doing the same for Johnathan Allen, who played like what 5 games?

13 minutes ago, dyst said:

Not saying he can’t be good but I agree, we have fans that do this unnecessarily. How many games did he play? What was our pass defense ranked? Why is he so hyped, to the point that people thought the position was set? Are they comparing him to good safety’s in the league or comparing him to previous Redskins safety’s? They are kinda doing the same for Johnathan Allen, who played like what 5 games?

I'd blame Jay Gruden more than anyone.  He keeps talking about how great his range is.  And how they are able to do more on defense when he's on the field.  Gruden has emphasized this more than once.

23 minutes ago, dyst said:

Can only speak for myself, but I liked what I saw from him in camp, and some plays he made in preseason, and then he made some plays in the regular season (and the defense looked legit at the time).  Then I heard him say it seemed liked QBs were starting to avoid him, then I heard Cooley’s positive breakdowns and saw the defense look worse without him.  Finally, there were Gruden’s comments about him.   So yeah, I’m very high on him.  He’s still learning, but I really like his play so far and his potential.  

I believe he is set as our FS, but I don’t believe the position was (or is) set - we still don’t have a backup I trust there - unless you move Swearinger over again, but that brings its own issues.  

1 hour ago, dyst said:

Why is he so hyped

Because he looked good when he was healthy, he covers a lot of ground and will lay the hammer.

The injuries messed him up, he only played in 8 games and a couple of those he left the game early.

Let's see what happens in the preseason games, nothing else really matters.

Good start I'd say.

Offenses have growing pains. Smith is new to the offense. And our defense has some relentless dudes roaming around. Competition is healthy for the team. I like what I'm hearing so far.

RE: Runningback situation...

Guice and Thompson are, in my opinion, the only two locks to make the team.

I think Perine makes the team, barring an unforeseen horrific preseason.

My bold(isn) prediction: The world thinks Byron Marshall is going to be the 4th back, but I have a feeling Kapri Bibbs is going to get the nod. The kid is explosive and has big play ability. Difference is pass protection, so Marshall could get the nod there. The other option is keeping all five and using Thompson and Bibbs in slot roles from time to time to change up looks we give defenses.

But for now, I predict: Guice, Thompson, Perine, Bibbs.

4 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

I don't know why, but since we've drafted Giuce, I have the feeling that we'll trade Perine at some point during training camp...

I could see that. I could also see if he has a few fumbles, he's the odd man out and Guice/Thompson/Marshall/Bibbs make the roster.

Only issue with that group is aside from Guice, there's no real bruiser. So in that case, Kelley might stick.

13 hours ago, KDawg said:

Good start I'd say.

Offenses have growing pains. Smith is new to the offense. And our defense has some relentless dudes roaming around. Competition is healthy for the team. I like what I'm hearing so far.

RE: Runningback situation...

Guice and Thompson are, in my opinion, the only two locks to make the team.

I think Perine makes the team, barring an unforeseen horrific preseason.

My bold(isn) prediction: The world thinks Byron Marshall is going to be the 4th back, but I have a feeling Kapri Bibbs is going to get the nod. The kid is explosive and has big play ability. Difference is pass protection, so Marshall could get the nod there. The other option is keeping all five and using Thompson and Bibbs in slot roles from time to time to change up looks we give defenses.

But for now, I predict: Guice, Thompson, Perine, Bibbs.

I hope you are right i would like to see Bibbs make this team, As a matter of fact id personally put his stock higher than Perine after what i saw of him last season, Not a fan at all.

15 hours ago, Vanguard said:

I'd blame Jay Gruden more than anyone.  He keeps talking about how great his range is.  And how they are able to do more on defense when he's on the field.  Gruden has emphasized this more than once.

Blame Gruden for what?

The disappointment of Nicholson? Disappointed because of what? Two plays in training camp?

Folks need to get a grip. :806:

18 hours ago, SoulSkin said:

Been a lot of rain down here this summer. 

Yep.

Richmond averages about 43 inches of rain per year.

This year, we aren't even out of July yet, and we already have about 40 inches of rain. 

If we get the rain they think we will get early next week, we may hit our yearly total before August barely starts. ☔

4 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Payne not being able to play more than a few snaps in week 1 due to a 2-3 week injury is just a tad dramatic. 

Agreed.

The timeline given us means that Payne will probably miss the first preseason game, but will most likely be back for the second one.

His injury situation sounds more cautious than serious.

13 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

Agreed.

The timeline given us means that Payne will probably miss the first preseason game, but will most likely be back for the second one.

His injury situation sounds more cautious than serious.

That's an approach I can live with frankly.  Better safe than sorry, eh?

7 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

If you’re gonna sprain an ankle, July 28th isn’t the worst time to do it.

Wise words indeed.  I guess I owe ya a soda for talking me down off the ledge.

(bear with me...still getting used to actual Football News & not Offseason stuff)

We should absolutely be alarmed at the Payne injury. Who is the source telling us 2-3 weeks? If it’s the Redskins, then I’m not sure why you would have any faith in them to diagnose an injury or rehabilitate is.

Was it the ****ty filed or just another case of “bad luck”? Don’t know but this happens way to often here. Reed, Crowder were just two guys last year who were injured during camp and were never the same after. Both were given 2-3 week timelines. 

Might turn out to be nothing.

Archived