Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SCOTUS: No longer content with stacking, they're now dealing from the bottom of the deck

Burgold

5 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Block what? There's no filibuster to break for SC nominees.

They will vote against Joe's pick and thus blocking it.

7 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I would be interesting to see the backlash of that happening but you saying this pretty much guarantees it won't

I don't think they care about backlash. Mitch is probably on the phone with them now; making promises if they vote no.

They won't vote against it, as the court is now safely conservative enough and Roe will likely be overturned this summer. Manchin and Sinema will confirm whoever the choice is. I think Obamas nominees sailed through, with the exception of the one he didn't even get to put to the vote. I can see the GOP having the chutzpah to.say, if they haven't already..."Merrick Garland would be a fine choice"

1 minute ago, hail2skins said:

They won't vote against it, as the court is now safely conservative enough and Roe will likely be overturned this summer. Manchin and Sinema will confirm whoever the choice is. I think Obamas nominees sailed through, with the exception of the one he didn't even get to put to the vote. I can see the GOP having the chutzpah to.say, if they haven't already..."Merrick Garland would be a fine choice"

The gop wants a 9-0 right wing court.

Why would he retire now. He should have retired January 2021 if he was going to retire soon… If they drag it out the gop will control things soon.

i fully expect Mitch to drag this out till 2024 and then the gop president will appoint one in 2025. 

sounds absurd but who’s gonna stop them? Biden? 😂 and they’re already being investigated for trying to overthrow the government and drug out Obama’s appointments and received no backlash for it - in fact their base seemed to love that they did it. 

Edited by tshile
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Larry said:

Block the simple majority vote needed. Which either of them can do. 

I don't see that happening.  But I wouldn't put it past them at this point.

12 minutes ago, tshile said:

Why would he retire now. He should have retired January 2021 if he was going to retire soon… If they drag it out the gop will control things soon.

i fully expect Mitch to drag this out till 2024 and then the gop president will appoint one in 2025. 

sounds absurd but who’s gonna stop them? Biden? 😂 and they’re already being investigated for trying to overthrow the government and drug out Obama’s appointments and received no backlash for it - in fact their base seemed to love that they did it. 

How will Mitch accomplish that?  

Can't mess this opportunity up.  People were already worried that Breyer might not retire in time, but since he is, Biden absolutely must get someone on that court ASAP.  The numbers still won't be in the left's favor on most cases, but they can't allow the court to tilt even further in the other direction. 

• Like 2

People who think this gets stalled are idiots.  Whomever Biden nominates will go through as fast as Barrett did, and the GOP can shove their hypocrisy.  Filibuster will get nuked for the nomination anyway. 

This only doesn't work if a Dem Senator vacates office and is replaced by a GOP Senator.